Older gamer looking for guild

in Guilds

Posted by: zophia.1273

zophia.1273

I have only recently started playing GW2, still learning, and haven’t a clue on how to master my newly level 80 Mesmer. I prefer PvE and WvW but shy about joining pug dungeon groups until I become a better player. Looking for a small to medium guild friendly towards newbies in hopes that won’t mind me asking a zillion questions about this game.

Prefer a mature guild, do not particularly care to RP. I am currently located on the Tarnish Coast server.

Thank you!

in Guilds

Posted by: Hydra.8315

Hydra.8315

Hey Zophia,

Protectors of The Will would love to add you into our family. We are focused on PvE, and I plan to be doing a little bit of WvW in the future. We are very friendly with a few noobs of our own. XD, So if you don’t mind switching servers we would love to have you.

Server: Kaineng

We’re not the Masters of Causing Chaos.
We are the ones who find Control in the Chaos.
~We are Mesmer’s…

in Guilds

Posted by: Cabo.9832

Cabo.9832

Hey man we could always use some more older gamers over here in Zealot Gaming.. we have a few of them already. we are on Ehmry Bay

you should check out our website to see all about us

Zealotgaming.com

in Guilds

Posted by: Oakos.2417

Oakos.2417

Please take a look at www.vanquikittenoday.guildportal.com

I have built the guild from the ground up for players JUST like you.

Be well in your travels!

in Guilds

Posted by: Oakos.2417

Oakos.2417

Blarg… the site censors V A N Q U I S H T O D A Y? Really?

in Guilds

Posted by: Genogoth.9407

Genogoth.9407

The Explorers of Kryta are looking to add members to our roster. Our information is in my signature below if you want to check us out. We are extremely helpful and welcome new players more than most, and are a small but growing guild. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Guild: The Explorers of Kryta
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks
Web: http://northernshiverpeaks.org/index.php?/groups/16-tek-the-explorers-of-kryta/

in Guilds

Posted by: Neksis Syxx.6983

Neksis Syxx.6983

Hi Zophia,

The name of our guild is Just Us Grown Ups or [JUGs] and we could be just the guild you’re looking for.

We are a very friendly, very casual adult guild who value community above anything else. Everyone in the guild has a great relationship with each other and people are always helping each other out—provided they have the free time..

We are a small—but growing (close to 60 members)—guild catering to the 30+ crowd. We are very laid back and just want to game, hang out and avoid drama.

Our guild does have an age requirement in place to keep the environment mature; almost all of our members are men and women between the ages of 30-55. We do allow people 25-30 to apply but their admission must be voted on.

We are primarily a PvE guild but some of us also jump into the WvW realms every now and then.

Our guild is happy to take in members, regardless of experience level. If you want to learn, we’ll answer your questions; if you have knowledge to pass on, we’ll listen.

We’re small at the moment, but have been averaging about two new players a day. To be honest, I’d prefer a small guild full of tight-knit members as opposed to a large guild that’s basically comprised of small cliques.

The guild is run with a ‘hands-off’ approach and most matters in the guild are handled by vote. We don’t make demands or requirements other that you have a good time when you’re with us.

All of us have real lives that come first and no one’s going to pressure you in any way to spend more time with the guild than you can.

I created the guild so there would be a good gaming environment free of the tension and drama of the hardcore guilds which are usually comprised of younger players.

We’re on the Jade Quarry server so a transfer, unfortunately, would be necessary if you’d like to join us. You can, however, feel free to try us out as a guest. You could join our guild, share in our guild chat channel, run dungeons with us, talk to us on our Ventrilo server, and see what we’re like—the only thing you wouldn’t be able to do is participate in WvW combat with us. It’s like ‘leasing with the option to buy.’

We have both Ventrilo and Mumble voice servers. We also have a feature-rich website where you can create and co-ordinate events that other members can sign up for.

If you’re interested, you can fill out an application on our site: http://jugs-guild.com or, if you have any questions, feel free to send me a message through these forums.

Good luck in finding a guild!

~ Neksis

P.S. Here is our recruiting post on these forums.

Attachments:

Just Us Grown Ups [JUGs] – http://jugs-guild.com

(edited by Neksis Syxx.6983)

in Guilds

Posted by: Jinxey.4173

Jinxey.4173

Hiya Zophia.

I saw your post looking for a friendly, casual and mature guild and I wanted to contact you about looking into our guild, The Unholy Mackerels!

We are a PvX guild with a pride in respecting others, no matter their play style or play level. We also are tight knit and enjoy getting to know one another through activities such as Dungeons, WvW, Fractals, sPvP, or partying up in PvE to do Orr events together, dragons, and even helping with lvling main characters and alts.

We currently run weekly scheduled WvW, Dungeons, and Fractals and do any of the above throughout the week off schedule. There is always something going on daily, usually any time after 6pm EST during the weekdays and any time during the weekends.

The Unholy Mackerels has a core group of active members and we are building upon that, however doing so slowly so we get to know each and every one. We currently are a medium size guild with 43 members and about 20 of them are active daily, consisting of mostly NA members and a few AUS.

We are quite the social guild through teamspeak and guild chat. We use teamspeak but do not require it. Often our newer members prefer to listen in on the first few days and talk when they feel comfortable, which usually they talk within the first 10 minutes once they realize how easy going everyone is.

You can find us on the Fort Aspenwood server. A server that has quite a busy PvE population in maps, it’s own friendly community forums for all things GW2, it’s own community teamspeak for WvW where everyone is welcome, and a server that enjoys working together through good communication while playing to have fun.

Being a growing gaming community, we also play many other games together as a guild and recently started a new weekly event, TF2sdays. Have no fear though as Guild Wars 2 has been our focus since beta and will continue to be for quite some time.

Anywho, give our website a check to see more about us and our events we run and click “Join” to read our simple but necessary rules. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I’d definitely be happy to answer! Looking forward to hearing back from you Zophia

http://theunholymackerels.enjin.com/

-Zecora Nightly Officer of [UM]

Jinxey [UM]
Officer of The Unholy Mackerels

(edited by Jinxey.4173)

in Guilds

Posted by: cheshire.3712

cheshire.3712

Hey zophia.1273,

At Zero Hunters, we have a varied atmosphere which is located on the TC server. Our doors are always open and are always looking for more to join us on our ‘escapades’. We do dungeons, fractals, world events, running around and doing things such as map completion, and WvW. People will always have questions and no one learns without asking them so bring on the questions! You can send me a mail message in game for more information if you want (take my name posting and put that in the mail message in game) or you can look for the guild posting I made on the forums about the guild We do not RP as far as I know and we don’t expect you to jump into anything that would make you uncomfortable gameplay wise (aka, not asking or demanding you to join in on a dungeon and giving no lead or expecting you to know all the tips and tricks). Hope you find what you are looking for, even if it is not with us

in Guilds

Posted by: KingslayerKeebs.9382

KingslayerKeebs.9382

Hey Zophia,

I am sending you a PM with more detailed info about us. Have a look. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. Thanks.

~Friskosmash

Friskosmash | 80 Warrior | [MF] Malum Factum
www.malumfactum.com
Yak’s Bend

in Guilds

Posted by: Hades Amun.6518

Hades Amun.6518

Hey Zophia,
MILF- Omg Have you seen Gwen’s Mom

We are from Fort Aspenwood , very small friendly guild we have 25 members and about 12 active at this time, we do sPvP, WvW, Dungeons and are set to start are first Guild Mission, We have been playing togetehr since GW1 and have stayed close together for several years fun is are primary goal, we have only one requirement (Just have Fun) Vent avail. check out are website if your interested.

http://milf-.enjin.com/