Question about guild names

in Guilds

Posted by: Lt Surge.3275

Lt Surge.3275

Is it possible to change a guild name once it has been created? I have not seen any options to do so, but it does not hurt to ask.

in Guilds

Posted by: TheATeam.5316

TheATeam.5316

In the first GW you can’t change the name, once you created a guild you are stuck with that name.

in Guilds

Posted by: TamarinNOR.3251

TamarinNOR.3251

I tried to check this up recently. As far as Google helped me, it does not seems to be possible. So if you want to change name of your guild, it is goodbye to all the influence, and you might need a lot of reorganization if you have a large guild that will join the new one.

Does not seems like you are able to make more than one guild at the time either if you would like to have two guilds active in a transfer period.

You could try to ask support if they can help you out.

Not being able to change name of a guild with a lot of influence, change name on your 80 lvl main character, the color of hair accessories and som other small aspects of your character can be a huge let down if you find out that these things does not feel right, so there should be an option for these things in a way that people can’t missuse them.

in Guilds

Lt Surge.3275

Well, I didn’t create the guild, my friend did. He named it without my consent, and I just found out it was named after some anime which I do not care to be associated with. I have a feeling the few (20) members we recruited would feel the same way if they found out, and they would leave anyway.

in Guilds

TamarinNOR.3251

Btw, I take back that about not beeing able to change the look of your character. Looks like there are some new stuff in the store to change most attributes of your characters (thank you Anet (^^,) .

Well, people name their guild with all sort of bases, but it could be a good idea to find out about whether or not this is a name that everyone is ok with sooner than later.

Just for curiosity, which anime is it associated with?

(edited by TamarinNOR.3251)

in Guilds

Lt Surge.3275

Btw, I take back that about not beeing able to change the look of your character. Looks like there are some new stuff in the store to change most attributes of your characters (thank you Anet (^^,) .

Well, people name their guild with all sort of bases, but it could be a good idea to find out about whether or not this is a name that everyone is ok with sooner than later.

Just for curiosity, which anime is it associated with?

Samurai Champloo. Not necessarily a anime with a bad reputation, but I prefer not to be lumped into the internet subcultures.

in Guilds

TamarinNOR.3251

Can agree with that.

I like anime, but have not heard about this anime before. The first anime that popped up in my head when I saw the screen shots was Rurouni Kenshin for some reason. Got to check it out … after I have checked out Sword Art Online.