[Tarnished Coast] A guild for those suffering from anxiety.

in Guilds

Posted by: Sakaki.5082

Sakaki.5082

The Sound of Inevitability [SIN] is a guild located on the Tarnished Coast server. We are a guild that consists of players with a range of anxiety problems. Our goal is to make a no-pressure environment that allows people to relax and possibly explore aspects of the game they haven’t already done. Ever wanted to do Ascalonian Catacombs but couldn’t work up the courage to get in that PUG group? No problem! We’ll be sure to make a guild-only group that will run you through it and be sure to explain things along the way.

SIN is looking for players with anxieties to join us. As you’re able to be in multiple guilds in this game, there is no requirement to continually represent us. Want to hang out with your friends in another game? No problem! If you start to get overwhelmed, anxious, or anything, you’re free to hop to our gchat for some support.

If you’re interested in joining, our website is as follows:

http://soundofinevitability.enjin.com/

Or if you have any questions feel free to ask them at asxa00@gmail.com or whisper/mail Khemical.3061

(edited by Sakaki.5082)

in Guilds

Sakaki.5082

Still recruiting!

in Guilds

Sakaki.5082

Caudecus’ Manor next week! Hoping to run story mode and all explorable mode paths!

in Guilds

Sakaki.5082

Piece of cake! Twilight Arbor is up next!
So close to Arah I can almost taste the undead-ness!

in Guilds

Posted by: Azurite.3824

Azurite.3824

This is a really great group of folks who are very friendly and supportive. We’ve been doing dungeons every week and grouping up for exploration and wvw. Any time someone needs a little help whether it’s completing a zone or just getting through a vista, other members jump to help.

If you’re interested in joining, visit the website or contact Sakaki.5082 or Khemical.3061 (Rayna Wildrunner) ingame.

Azurite Dawn – 80 Human Mesmer – Svanhild – 80 Norn Guardian
Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Posted by: umberoth.4732

umberoth.4732

Sounds great. I have a social phobia and find grouping next to impossible, let alone find a guild.

in Guilds

Azurite.3824

Sounds great. I have a social phobia and find grouping next to impossible, let alone find a guild.

That’s why the guild was created.

This week the guild is taking on Sorrow’s Embrace!

Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I’m looking for a guild that can help me finish the game. If you seen most of my complaints on the forums, its all about the community and lack of help usually in the very high level maps with no one around. I’m currently in Sea of Sorrow and I need a change of pace. No one even asks me in my current guilds if I need help with anything.

I tried making my own guild, and it didn’t last 4 days as its way too hard to get the influence to build it up like yours (as from reading the OP, its exactly what I;ve been trying to do) so I can get like minded people to help each other and not “the game is easy and able to be soloed, do it on your own!”

I’ll go to tarnished coast after I log on and ask for an invite and give you all a chance.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Guilds

Posted by: Kysska.7490

Kysska.7490

This is a really wonderful idea, I don’t know why no one has thought of it before. I would love to be part of a guild that understands my social anxiety and doesn’t demand things from me that is difficult for me to do (like voice chat).

I went ahead and submitted an application on your website, I hope to hear from you soon!

Kysska – Tarnished Coast Server

in Guilds

Sakaki.5082

Since I can’t seem to edit the topic anymore, I should probably add this:
I’ve stepped down as leader currently due to inactiveness, and the current leader is Khemical.3061. If you have any questions, he’s probably the guy to go to.

in Guilds

Posted by: Aurorablue.5163

Aurorablue.5163

Iam very shy and have social anxiety. Every guild I join Iam not suitable for as they only communicate by TS and never by typing and expect everyone to do the same. So I feel left out and never get to know anyone.

Iam too shy to use TS and no one seems to understand how I feel and just say there is no need to be shy. It’s not something I can control.

This guild does sound great. But Iam probably on the opposite side of the world from everyone else and want to know what time do you have events and dungeon runs? As even though the guild sounds great, there’s no point joining if no ones ever around when Iam.

in Guilds

Azurite.3824

Iam very shy and have social anxiety. Every guild I join Iam not suitable for as they only communicate by TS and never by typing and expect everyone to do the same. So I feel left out and never get to know anyone.

Iam too shy to use TS and no one seems to understand how I feel and just say there is no need to be shy. It’s not something I can control.

This guild does sound great. But Iam probably on the opposite side of the world from everyone else and want to know what time do you have events and dungeon runs? As even though the guild sounds great, there’s no point joining if no ones ever around when Iam.

Many of us certainly know how you feel. I struggled to find a guild that didn’t rely heavily on voicechat as well.

We are mostly on afternoon and evening US time, some up rather late into the night but I’m usually not still up then. If you’re in an oceanic time zone we may not not have many on at the same time. But you’re welcome to join anyway if you like. We have no problem if you belong to other guilds.

Our weekly dungeon run is on Saturdays 7:30 US EST. Otherwise right now we just run events as members need.

If you have more specific questions, feel free to contact me or Khemical.3061 ingame.

Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Posted by: Mirassa.9147

Mirassa.9147

hi
wondering if your still recruiting. would like to join your guild. i am on the west coast too..I really dont suffer from anxiety. But im not able to play to much during the week because of my job. I work 10-12hr shifts during my 4 days of work( I’m in law enforcement) and have weekends off and monday. My bf would probably be interested to for he plays WVW,PVE and PVP. Me I only play mainly pvp and pve. hope that wouldnt be a prob.
Please let me know
thanks

in Guilds

Posted by: Fear.6249

Fear.6249

I suck at life. I am not from your Server.. I need love.

in Guilds

Azurite.3824

hi
wondering if your still recruiting. would like to join your guild. i am on the west coast too..I really dont suffer from anxiety. But im not able to play to much during the week because of my job. I work 10-12hr shifts during my 4 days of work( I’m in law enforcement) and have weekends off and monday. My bf would probably be interested to for he plays WVW,PVE and PVP. Me I only play mainly pvp and pve. hope that wouldnt be a prob.
Please let me know
thanks

I sent you a pm but yes we are still recruiting. We are mostly pve but some members do venture into wvw.

Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Posted by: LoseyGosey.5260

LoseyGosey.5260

I think i would very much like to join your guild. I will send you some mail in game if thats ok.

in Guilds

Posted by: Khemical.3061

Khemical.3061

I just wanted to say hello and thank you to all the people who have expressed interest in our guild. We are still taking applications to anyone who is interested. There is no pressure to be consistently active if you are in other guilds as well.

in Guilds

Posted by: Ubasti.8207

Ubasti.8207

I am interested in your guild. I play a few nights a week (pacific time zone) and would love to be part of a friendly, active guild. PvE and exploring are my main interests. My in-game name is Ulmus.

in Guilds

Azurite.3824

I am interested in your guild. I play a few nights a week (pacific time zone) and would love to be part of a friendly, active guild. PvE and exploring are my main interests. My in-game name is Ulmus.

We’d be glad to have you. Please fill out an app on our website, it’s just a couple of quick questions: http://soundofinevitability.enjin.com/

On another note, we had a really smooth run through the Citadel of Flame tonight. Next week, we take on Honor of the Waves!

Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Sakaki.5082

FINALLY able to edit the OP!
Edit’d for accuracy.

in Guilds

Posted by: Highvoltage.7946

Highvoltage.7946

sounds like my cup of tea! unfortunately i won’t be able to xfer till later this week i think. do you invite for ppl on diff servers till they xfer? if so, Highvoltage.7946 thx

in Guilds

Azurite.3824

sounds like my cup of tea! unfortunately i won’t be able to xfer till later this week i think. do you invite for ppl on diff servers till they xfer? if so, Highvoltage.7946 thx

We’d love to have you. We don’t have any rules about needing to be on TC. If you just want to join to chat or do cross-server dungeons that’s fine with us. Just fill out an app on our website: http://soundofinevitability.enjin.com/. It’s just a couple of quick questions so we can preserve the supportive and welcoming attitude of our guild.

Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Azurite.3824

We’re still recruiting and we’re having a keg party this week!

Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Sakaki.5082

The Sound of Inevitability: Now with 110% more cookies and puppies!

in Guilds

Posted by: lredsel.8297

lredsel.8297

I’m interested. I haven’t joined a guild in a LONG time since I got way to into it with the last game I played, but that has been a year or two. I dont really have any major anxieties except I am pretty quiet, dont talk much, I dont care for voice chat much, I prefer typing to communicate if I can. I’m looking for a guild that I can participate in and be as awesome as I can be at that. I have odd hours sometimes and cant always play the same days and time each week. Also, at work I am usually in charge, when I play GW2, most of the time I would rather follow than lead since I play it as a break from reality.

in Guilds

Azurite.3824

I’m interested. I haven’t joined a guild in a LONG time since I got way to into it with the last game I played, but that has been a year or two. I dont really have any major anxieties except I am pretty quiet, dont talk much, I dont care for voice chat much, I prefer typing to communicate if I can. I’m looking for a guild that I can participate in and be as awesome as I can be at that. I have odd hours sometimes and cant always play the same days and time each week. Also, at work I am usually in charge, when I play GW2, most of the time I would rather follow than lead since I play it as a break from reality.

Please submit an application on our site http://soundofinevitability.enjin.com/. We’d love to have you.

Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Azurite.3824

We’ve made it through Arah now and will be starting explorable runs on our weekly scheduled dungeon run now but will still be running story modes as members need. Come join us!

Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Posted by: Araushnee.1852

Araushnee.1852

Ok, this is one of two guild recruitment threads that have REALLY gotten me intrigued.

My first guild, I just never could click with and eventually I was booted when I was trying out a second guild. I have tried to stick with my current guild, but no one logs in and we aren’t growing.

Anyway, so what exactly do you mean by people with anxieties? One of my problems with never fitting in with a guild is due to my social anxiety. I have a hard time speaking up in larger guilds. That and I’m just weird. And small guilds never work out because they fall apart. I’m not a fan of things like vent either. That and I usually can’t get the mic to work anyway.

Also do you all still run all the dungeons? The only reason I don’t run dungeons is because I don’t have anyone I feel comfortable with to run them. I’d probably have a panic attack if I ran a PUG.

Gamer Gal

in Guilds

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

if only i can ever get into TC…. that world is always full i even stayed up a full 24 hours to try and get into it and nothing… lol

in Guilds

Azurite.3824

@Araushnee Many of us have social anxiety in the guild, including feeling shy or awkward in large groups, having trouble speaking up, and feeling nervous joining groups. Although we also welcome anyone with any kind of anxiety whether it affects them in game or not. And you’ll never be pressured to use any kind of voice chat.

Although we’re starting to do explorable dungeons now, we are still scheduling story runs as members need and we often have members willing to repeat story mode to help out newer members. This week we have Twilight Arbor Story Mode scheduled on Friday night and Honor of the Waves Explorable on Saturday night.

@Lordryux I know it’s a pain right now to get on TC. It’s unfortunate. However, we do welcome members from other servers and you can join us in dungeons cross-server.

Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Araushnee.1852

@Araushnee Many of us have social anxiety in the guild, including feeling shy or awkward in large groups, having trouble speaking up, and feeling nervous joining groups. Although we also welcome anyone with any kind of anxiety whether it affects them in game or not. And you’ll never be pressured to use any kind of voice chat.

Although we’re starting to do explorable dungeons now, we are still scheduling story runs as members need and we often have members willing to repeat story mode to help out newer members. This week we have Twilight Arbor Story Mode scheduled on Friday night and Honor of the Waves Explorable on Saturday night.

I think I’m interested then. I’ll look you all up later today when I login. =)

Gamer Gal

in Guilds

Posted by: owlbystarlight.6594

owlbystarlight.6594

I’m very interested in joining this guild… I’ve had SA for most of my life, and joining a guild with others who are similar to me would be a great experience I think. I’ve found people who have SA are normally a very kind and thoughtful bunch, so it’s very easy for me to fit in with everyone and feel welcomed as well.

Me and my fiance have both sent our applications in, and we’re looking forward to meeting everyone. ^^ Honestly I’m kind of excited about this, as weird as that sounds… ^^;

in Guilds

Araushnee.1852

Me and my fiance have both sent our applications in, and we’re looking forward to meeting everyone. ^^ Honestly I’m kind of excited about this, as weird as that sounds… ^^;

Oh, I didn’t think to do this earlier. I just sent mine in too.

Gamer Gal

in Guilds

Azurite.3824

We’re having a lot of fun running dungeons but we also hold just for fun social events and run whatever members need help with. Come join us.

Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

Shame, I was trying to get to TC last night but it was full so I went elsewhere. This guild sounds so right for me, so I’ll keep an eye on the server status. I really respect the manifesto of this guild btw. You are good people

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

in Guilds

Posted by: kecco.3456

kecco.3456

Wow! Great idea for a guild. I don’t know if there will ever be room on TC for people who need to transfer though. Has anyone had luck transferring recently?

I would like to come support this, but I don’t want to leave my server

Good luck guys!

in Guilds

Azurite.3824

Thanks for the support. It is unfortunate that TC seems to have been constantly Full for a while. You’re welcome to join us from other servers though whether you plan on transferring later or not. And you can always join us for dungeons as long as you’re on a NA server.

Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Azurite.3824

It looks like TC is available for transfer again if anyone would like to join but couldn’t transfer before.

Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Posted by: Vecuu.2018

Vecuu.2018

This is really admirable of you.

Wishing your guild the best of luck as you grow.

Jaded [Jade] – Darkhaven Server
Jaded.boards.net – Your future home

in Guilds

Posted by: Tatanka.7980

Tatanka.7980

Just giving you all a bump. I am in a great guild but I think this is a great idea for a guild. Say Hi if you see me around.

in Guilds

Posted by: Narcs.9418

Narcs.9418

Sounds like my kind of guild. It really is disheartening to be told that a guild is “casual” but have annoying demands. I don’t have the patience or desire to be told what to do when I’m playing a game.

I’m on the Sea of Sorrows server and play during Oceanic times. Might not be ideal (on at different times), but I’ll think about doing an application.

Great idea for a guild nonetheless.

“Never leave a wrong to ripen into evil”.

in Guilds

Posted by: Omelet.6902

Omelet.6902

Hey guys! Just wanted to drop in and show my support for this guild idea. I suffer from anxiety that sometimes seems overwhelming as well. If I hadn’t already found a guild that I call “home”; I would join you all. I definitely hope to see your guild stick together through thick and thin as like I said it is a great idea and I applaud you for stepping up and making it. Also, glad to see that this guild is on the great Tarnished Coast server. See ya in-game SIN! Wish you all the best of luck!

~ Omelet
Lead Event Coordinator of Transcendent Veneration [TV]
Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Azurite.3824

Thanks for all the support guys. The guild is doing well and we’re up to 50 members.

We still welcome players from other servers even if they just want to join to talk.

Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Sakaki.5082

I just logged into GW1 for the first time in years.
It was so barren, but being in the old Eye of the North really takes me back…

in Guilds

Azurite.3824

It’s been a bit quiet over the holidays but we’re still looking for new members and we’re still running weekly dungeons and other events.

Tarnished Coast