Tarnished Coast looking for a few more for our late night crew!

in Guilds

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

I noticed just today that all servers (including Tarnished Coast) seem to be open for transfer, which leads me to believe that they are playing around with the server caps again.

Anyone who has been wanting to come hop on the Tarnished Coast party barge should probably look at doing so now while you have a chance.

Our community welcomes any and everyone but as before, we still very much need to close some big gaps in our Oceanic and European prime time coverage.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

in Guilds

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Basically, here is the best recruitment message we could give:

Do you live anywhere other than the Americas?
Do you want to feel loved and appreciated?
Do you need to have other players point you out and praise your work?
Do you like to feel like a rock star?

Then join Tarnished Coast, the server that’s in Tier 2 despite having a weak NA-overnight. We’re not leaving this tier without a fight, and just by joining and contributing you are directly improving the overall fighting power of this server.

We’re not a band wagon server, and you won’t instantly win by joining us. However, pretty much everyone will love you if you’re competent.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

I already made a similar post:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/T2-NA-Tarnished-Coast-4AM-12PM-CST-Needed

This thread is suggesting that all players join TC when in reality we need people willing to cover a coverage gaps.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in Guilds

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Howdy folks. Just bumping. We finally have some room on our server and would love to see a few more WVW guilds! We have some very strong and very competent guilds playing now, but there’s always room for more, particularly if you play early daytime 8am EST onward.

Cheers!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Guilds

Kerithlan.1659

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/T2-NA-Tarnished-Coast-4AM-12PM-CST-Needed

This thread is suggesting that all players join TC when in reality we need people willing to cover a coverage gaps.

I’m not looking to discredit or defame you or anything like that. I’m just going to say that this topic is older and that I already made quite a contribution to the topic that you linked us to.

Master Blipp was known for his redundancies as well as his redundancies. He often said, “Your first try should never be your last, especially if it succeeded. You can always succeed bigger next time.”

in Guilds

Karuna.1357

Honestly, we need and will happily welcome people from all time zones. It is fairly common knowledge that there is a down-trend in WvW that is hurting all servers in all tiers right now. Our greatest need may be Oceanic and European prime time but the thing about TC s that we don’t just want to sell ourselves as ‘join us and add to our numbers’, but rather ‘we have something really cool and fun and unique going on here on this server and we are here for the long haul.’

In other words, Tarnished Coast is sort of the alternative to the bandwaggon servers. We will not tolerate anyone who comes along just to grief or exploit. We gladly welcome those players who want to cooperate and communicate.

Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Jayne.9251

Honestly, we need and will happily welcome people from all time zones. It is fairly common knowledge that there is a down-trend in WvW that is hurting all servers in all tiers right now. Our greatest need may be Oceanic and European prime time but the thing about TC s that we don’t just want to sell ourselves as ‘join us and add to our numbers’, but rather ‘we have something really cool and fun and unique going on here on this server and we are here for the long haul.’

In other words, Tarnished Coast is sort of the alternative to the bandwaggon servers. We will not tolerate anyone who comes along just to grief or exploit. We gladly welcome those players who want to cooperate and communicate.

Well said!

in Guilds

DivineBeing.2086

True, but if we just keep stacking more and more people in our prime time what exactly is that going to really help?

More people that join to play during our prime time = the less slots available for the coverage we really need = the less likely of the chance a guild or two would risk coming to a close to full server.

I hope that makes sense.

Blackgate

in Guilds

Jayne.9251

I’d like to think we’d welcome anyone who had the heart and enthusiasm to fight for TC. Enthusiasm can be nurtured into a great player.. Otherwise we appear to be cherry picking snobs, and that’s really not what our community is like at all.

in Guilds

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

It’s your call guys, but it wouldn’t hurt to focus on our off peak crew as well. I usually play around those times, and itd be nice if we can get enough numbers to at least hold Beastgate off our BLs.

in Guilds

DivineBeing.2086

I’d like to think we’d welcome anyone who had the heart and enthusiasm to fight for TC. Enthusiasm can be nurtured into a great player.. Otherwise we appear to be cherry picking snobs, and that’s really not what our community is like at all.

And we can, but I think we should triple emphasis the coverage that we really need rather than a vague topic such as this one that states “we need people”.

That’s also why I opened a new topic that does just that. Emphasised which time zones we really need help in. I also approached recruiting in a much different manner. Instead of using the very common and usual “we have the best community ever speal” (cause everyone from every server thinks that), I used statistics and raw data of our previous match ups and performances.

I am not devaluing this topic at all, just merely pointing out the reasoning behind why I created a new topic. This thread has done it’s job in the past but I think we need something more specific now.

Blackgate

in Guilds

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

Calling all Thieves! Join the Tarnished Coast for access to a super-secret Thieves only community that may or may not exist!

in Guilds

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Calling all Thieves! Join the Tarnished Coast for access to a super-secret Thieves only community that may or may not exist!

I may have heard of this guild. Or maybe not! Who knows? Guess you’ll have to join the Toast to find it!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Guilds

Posted by: Rusalka.5930

Rusalka.5930

Wait wait you mean if i join TC i will be loved and not called a bandwagoner?!! You guys sound like a cool bunch

Forever home in JQ ~ [ATM]

in Guilds

Posted by: Nefar.8135

Nefar.8135

Since when does role-playing mean you have to be nice and co-operative?

TC is the unofficial roleplay server, and in general, has a lot of nice people that work together as a team. If you’re not nice, and are not willing to co-operate with each other, don’t come here. If you are, you’re more then welcome, hit up TSG or PINK, or any other WvW guild we have.

in Guilds

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

@Nefar

If you have attempted role-play before, you’ll notice that it’s almost just as difficult as improvised acting. Creative differences and syncing are significant hurdles that require patience, cooperation, sincerity and dedication to overcome.

Of course, populations often follow normal distributions so depraved individuals are not rare. However I can assure you that the Toast’s designation as the unofficial role-play server has had a positive effect on the average Toaster’s behavior and attitude.

in Guilds

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

Just ran across this thread so I thought I would mention.

I exclusively have done nothing but tpvp and spvp until this point. Lack of updates and other things have made me decide to do the pve/wvw. I transferred last night to TC because I heard their pve zones have the highest population. I normally play after 11pm eastern time when I get off work. If I can be an asset to your night crew let me know

in Guilds

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

I exclusively have done nothing but tpvp and spvp until this point. Lack of updates and other things have made me decide to do the pve/wvw. I transferred last night to TC because I heard their pve zones have the highest population. I normally play after 11pm eastern time when I get off work. If I can be an asset to your night crew let me know

Raijinn, first of all, welcome to TC! And yes, we believe everyone can contribute to our numbers in WvW. If you log into BL’s at any time, you’ll see that most of us are pugs/guilds with fewer numbers. We don’t have any super hardcore WvW exclusive guilds and whatever few WvW guilds we have like PiNK are awesome to play with.
We all encourage every single person to do their part in contributing to the fight. Just make sure to ask questions, follow groups around, watch chat carefully since most of us communicate over /team chat. You may try it out and have a little patience if you’re totally new to WvW, eventually you’ll be a great asset. Take it from someone who’s playing PvP/MMO for the first time, and enjoys every bit of WvW.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Guilds

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

Raijinn, first of all, welcome to TC! And yes, we believe everyone can contribute to our numbers in WvW. If you log into BL’s at any time, you’ll see that most of us are pugs/guilds with fewer numbers. We don’t have any super hardcore WvW exclusive guilds and whatever few WvW guilds we have like PiNK are awesome to play with.
We all encourage every single person to do their part in contributing to the fight. Just make sure to ask questions, follow groups around, watch chat carefully since most of us communicate over /team chat. You may try it out and have a little patience if you’re totally new to WvW, eventually you’ll be a great asset. Take it from someone who’s playing PvP/MMO for the first time, and enjoys every bit of WvW.

Thanks ill be leveling up here starting tonight so I would like to get into the scene as soon as I can

in Guilds

phaneo.4597

Bumping this thread – we could use more numbers to fill our Oceanic coverage gap so that we’re able to hold onto our structures and have a more well-balanced fights in our current Tier, all while having loads of fun together. And to current Toasties who’re only into PvE and willing to try out WvW, feel free to join us anytime and have fun. Sure, the beginning can be a bit tough for ya lot, but trust me, in a matter of weeks you’ll start enjoying it since we’re all a helpful bunch that would guide you in the right direction! You don’t have to be an elite player to contribute, just someone willing to learn and support teamwork is enough.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Guilds

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Hi, from SoR here. TC is a great server. They suffer the same problem as us, and that is we have a very small oceanic presence. I know the community is a great community, and if you transferred you won’t regret it! Night capping is a serious balance issue in WvW, and with your help, we can certainly make a difference for Tier 2 balance for all servers!

in Guilds

Posted by: destoyer of lives.7963

destoyer of lives.7963

I agree with doomdesire tc is a great server with a great community. All that is needed is some oceanic guilds to shore up the night game. In all honesty, they would be a welcome site and be a huge entity for tc as, there is virtually no late night/oceanic presence.

[IMPS] Southern Superman
Jade Quarry God/and sometimes commander
~80 Guardian

in Guilds

phaneo.4597

@Doomdesire, thanks for the kind words from SoR and you’re right about what’s causing imbalance in T2. I’m not blaming the winning party here at all, since its all good for them to have a better coverage. We could however use more numbers during Oceanic primetime to fill our coverage gaps and make the battles more fun. We do have a very few Oceanic/Asian players, myself included. However we’re most often outnumbered yet we try to bring our best onto the field with our pugs.

For those unaware, here’s something very interesting that every fellow Toastie should feel proud of, and for those willing to join a server to consider:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/WvWy-s-2012-who-was-your-favorite-opponent-in-2012/1117122

That thread and the results speak for themselves, and I’m gonna leave it at that!

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Guilds

Posted by: Alodar.5794

Alodar.5794

TC has become one of the most popular servers because of how the community is. It is second to none… and this is one of the main reasons we have been as successful as we have been in WvW. Unlike other servers that had massive guilds who formed huge alliances to stomp as many as they could… Tarnished Coast is full of much smaller guilds who look to work together. This cooperation is what is driving this server to the top tiers.

We are looking for those that would like to join us and would like to be part of the growing community that we have. Each of our guilds feel like they actually contribute something, unlike other servers where unless you’re part of the massive zerg alliance, you’re really peanuts.

We are looking for more of a night time presence, and I have an officer in the guild who is looking to help organize the night time crew.

If our server is one that you’d like to transfer to, please let us know as you’d be a welcome addition.

We are primarily looking for night time WvW’ers, but would not turn down anyone who is looking to fight for Tarnished Coast.

Madember – Level 80 Elementalist
Madamber – Level 80 Guardian
Guild Leader of TSL (www.shadowlegion.net)

in Guilds

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

TC is currently open for transfers!

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Alodar.5794

Many people are still reporting that there are many times during the day when our server is not listed as full. We are still looking for those that enjoy WvW to transfer over. Although we have maps that have no queue all day long, we are primarily looking for people to help during late night and early mornings in NA times.

As you can see by several messages in the thread, Tarnished Coast is a very popular server due to it’s strong community.

Don’t wait until the server is once again listed as full 99% of the time.

in Guilds

Alodar.5794

World transfers currently available for Tarnished Coast. Come join the server that is being recognized as having the best community in the game. Read the previous posts from people who have posted about having transfered and been very happy to have done so.

Unlike many other servers, there is little to no drama in WvW. With the more mature nature of the server, there is very little in the way of drama as most guilds strive to work together. Unlike many other servers where there is a massive alliance of zerg guilds who only work together and spit on the little guy… Tarnished Coast strives to help the little guy improve to become a more effective member in WvW.

If you or your guild are thinking of transfering to another server, Tarnished Coast will not disappoint. Every week we have been improving and moving up the ranks in WvW.

in Guilds

OutspokenAardvark.9781

TC is still open!

Rhyme – Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Posted by: will.2105

will.2105

How is the queue times for around 8 pm EST in your server? I have some friends and i interested in changing servers for a good community with WvW players with a brain, but of course we worry about queue times taking away our fun.

[RET] Miss Petit Pois 80 Thief

Fort Aspenwood

in Guilds

Kerithlan.1659

How is the queue times for around 8 pm EST in your server? I have some friends and i interested in changing servers for a good community with WvW players with a brain, but of course we worry about queue times taking away our fun.

It varies. On reset night and the weekend there’s usually a queue of course, and the longest I’ve seen on those is an hour.

Those have been somewhat anomalous and aren’t the norm, though. Normally our queues when we have them are under 10 minutes, and we almost never have a queue on every map.

in Guilds

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

On most days you can expect only TCBL and EB to have a queue. We never have four map queues other than on reset nights.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in Guilds

Posted by: jmap.1764

jmap.1764

It varies. On reset night and the weekend there’s usually a queue of course, and the longest I’ve seen on those is an hour.

Those have been somewhat anomalous and aren’t the norm, though. Normally our queues when we have them are under 10 minutes, and we almost never have a queue on every map.

I’ve had much fun here since I came to TC and haven’t had much trouble getting in a borderland like said above. Longest I’ve stayed in a que was <hour (Guess I’ve been lucky ;P) which usually pops up after I finish my daily.

I love the community TC brings in working together in each map. There are many well known guilds/individuals out there, that I’m happy to have met and fight along with, who make my time spent in WvW a great time.

Tarnished Coast – [DIS] http://www.dissentient.org
Roxanne Marie

in Guilds

Alodar.5794

There is always at least ONE map that has no queue, even during peak hours, and even during reset nights. If you’re looking to get onto the TC Borderlands or the EB borderlands, you may wait about 10 minutes sometimes. Not often you have to wait longer than that.

in Guilds

Karuna.1357

Free transfers will end come Jan 28th. Until then, you still have a chance to join one of the most competitive WvW servers with the best, most stable, and most welcoming community that you will find anywhere.

Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

To folks based in Asia/Oceania/Europe or NA players who prefer to play at non-NA primetime, I’m based in Singapore so usually play at Oceanic hours (+8GMT 6pm-6am, usually those hours), we have learned to prioritize fast and to be as efficient as possible with the often limited manpower/supply we have.

If you are an individual/organized guild that plays at those hours you could really carve out a niche in making a difference for TC WvW.

I do hope you consider a move to the Garnished Coast!

in Guilds

OutspokenAardvark.9781

We’re still looking for more coverage.

Rhyme – Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Jayne.9251

This was posted in our current match thread, but it was so thoughtful and well written, I felt it deserved a spot here for all to read:

I didn’t transfer; I started on TC and am going to stay here regardless of whether the server is T1 or T8.

I have a strong background in competetive PvP in GW1, SC and CS, but don’t have the time or interest anymore to spend hours everyday dedicating myself to just PvP and dealing with the bad attitudes which often go along with it. I still enjoy PvP and do my best, but with whatever I have, not worrying about my game time, gear, who I’m playing with or against.

And I like roleplay. I don’t call myself a roleplayer, but anything that adds more immersion to the world we play in is awesome to me. Having RPers around brings a flavor to the world which enriches my in-game time, even if I never roleplay myself.

Just yesterday – I hung out with some TC PvPers in WvW as we held off repeated attacks on Speldan from a much bigger SBI force and took the fight to SoR with a bunch of others after getting curb-stomped by then in EB.

I also ran into an initiation ceremony in the middle of nowhere in the world, players who I happened to do a dynamic event with tried to strike up a friendly banter with me in-character, someone I cheered during a different event sent me cookies and pie to say thank you, even though I never talked to them.

TC is a server that’s perfect for me. There are and will be severs with more hardcore guilds, better point margins and ratings than TC, but the mix of enthusiasm for WvW and the flavors players bring to my experience out of WvW are very very dear to me. I wouldn’t leave this server for my significant other if they were playing and wanted to move.

While I know that everyone who PvPs on TC doesn’t do it with my perspective, I bet a lot do.

I do have a hunch that PvPers on TC are ‘long-haul’ players. I bet this server continues to punch far above its ‘roleplayer’ reputation in PvP for a long time to come.

in Guilds

Posted by: rhyein.6172

rhyein.6172

Still need more!

in Guilds

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

Would love to have a few servers with a strong oceanic presence and never say die attitude (Hint: CD&IoJ) to consider TC as a destination.

TC has a plan for long term stability, an anti bandwagon collapse plan if you will. Do join a determined, hard-working, mature and loveable WvWvW community.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in Guilds

OutspokenAardvark.9781

Rhyme – Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

Transferred to TC a few months ago. Best in game decision I have ever made.

Excellent commanders, excellent guilds, excellent pug cohesion, excellent WvW but best of all = excellent attitude.

Best server ever.

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

in Guilds

Posted by: Preech.2671

Preech.2671

Tarnished Coast has the greatest wvw community I’ve ever been a part of, I transferred with some guild mates and we found something here, hard to put it into words exactly. But it truly felt almost like the entire server was part of the same guild or family, all working together.

Scramblerx – Engineer

in Guilds

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

I know this is a WvW recruitment thread, but I am very curious and interested in checking out the RPing community over there. Might hop on over for a day once guesting goes live.

Good luck!

Tarnished Coast WvW

in Guilds

Kerithlan.1659

I know this is a WvW recruitment thread, but I am very curious and interested in checking out the RPing community over there. Might hop on over for a day once guesting goes live.

Good luck!

It’s very active and robust. I recommend coming on a Sunday around noon, they do this thing where you show up in-character, get assigned into a group of strangers based off of your level and questing preferences, and then go do some quests while roleplaying. It’s great fun.

You can see some of the other organized stuff we get up to on the GW2 Roleplayers website — there’s also the random RP that happens now and then around the world. I’ve seen RP almost everywhere at this point.

Once I saw a 15-member charr warband marching to war outside of Fort Trinity. The best part? They all had named their characters to have “Fang<something>” as their last name, just like a lore-appropriate warband would. I can’t remember anything else about them but it was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen as a roleplayer.

in Guilds

Karuna.1357

The RP-community is extremely active although they keep a much lower profile than what you might expect. The server has a healthy mix of players from many different backgrounds and interests, making us perhaps the most diverse server in the game. Of course, this is a WvW recruitment thread so our primary focus has been on finding players to fill the gaps in our European/Asian/Oceanic coverage but in all honesty, anyone who chooses to make TC their home, regardless of where you are from, will be made to feel very welcome.

Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

Yeah i was leveling my warrior (for WvW) in a lowby zone and a large group of heroes started walking by, i thought a PVE event was about to happen until i realized these were actual players in some kind of RP event.

Im not an RP’er but i turned on walk and joined them for a short march.
This stuff adds good flavor to an already good server.

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

(edited by dirtyoldgoat.5496)

in Guilds

Alodar.5794

Still more players are needed. Free transfers are going to end soon so don’t wait around too long. We have maps that have no queues on them at all times of the day. Even during reset our queues are usually about 10-15 minutes and after that night there is always at least 2 maps without a queue.

We are looking for players for all time slots, but we could certainly use a little more help for our late night coverage.

Please read the previous posts from people who have come over already. It’s a decision they don’t regret in the least. I’ve had many people that have told me they had no idea how much better it would be on TC.

For the Toast!

in Guilds

Posted by: rhyein.6172

rhyein.6172

TC has moved to and stayed in Tier 2 despite having very low oceanic/european coverage. Just a little more can round it out and make T2 a very competitive tier.

in Guilds

Rhongomyniad.5081

Theongreyjoy sums it up well:

“I come here as a representative of Tarnished Coast wanting to state a proposal to any guilds that are still undecided about moving to choose Tarnished Coast as your future home. In the following paragraphs I hope to put forth convincing arguments to help you decide in favor of a move to Tarnished Coast.

1. Community
The first point I want to reiterate is that of our community. Everyone knows that TC is the unofficial RP server which in essence brings a lot of maturity and limits keyboard warriors and trolls. The community has been consistently praised for our ‘never say die’ attitude and our great representation of ourselves on any public forums.
The myth about RP servers not being capable in PVP is just that a myth. In WoW many of the best arena players and teams came from RP servers. There is no instances in WvW where people are just RP-ing and not fighting for the coast. On the other hand the RP-ers who PVP bring a really unique dimension to the server, there is constant entertainment where they can take a small incident and through their RP are able to make it one morale-boosting hilarious scenario. The other advantage of being the unofficial RP server is that the militia are fine with doing the ‘boring’ jobs, the militia on our server are more than happy to sentry camps and towers, tick siege and keep the communication channels going with the guild commanders and leaders as they have something to do while escorting yaks or being a sentry; which is to RP.

2. Organization
- We have a 10000 slot mumble; You heard it right its 10000 slots, not kidding. Recently acquired thanks to the great guys at DIS in an attempt to make us more organized and improve in Tier 2. Not only that but it is a public VOIP for everyone and no single guild is in charge of it. Each guild has their own PRIVATE SPACE in the mumble; private channels and sub-channels. They have implemented ‘linking’ to other channels very effectively as well. This means multiple channels of communication and coordination with various guilds as well as our militia who frequently utilize VOIP.
For e.g. We are now starting to utilize the mumble to effectively coordinate between the zergmanders and the spec groups. I am a commander of TSL and I am in charge of leading the militia as well as working with another small guild or two who are part of my main zerg. At the same time I have setup a bind that is linking me to my havoc squad/hammer squad/yak sniping squad that are sitting in my private guild channel. They are my eyes and ears and are consistently working with me while I continue to coordinate the militia and other guildies in the main borderland or EB channel.

- Great Community Website; We have a great community website www.tcgw2.com; that we are consistently trying to increase in activity. It has a private War Council for in-depth strategic and tactical discussion along with a place for our militia to come and try to get more involved.

- Tomes of Material & Guides; We as a community truly believe that we are only as strong as our weakest player. This is why we go out of our way to produce materials and guides ranging from Basic Introductions to Advanced Strategies. We try to educate the masses as best as we can. In-fact some of us take it so seriously that we actually have a comprehensive WvW ‘Tome’ encompassing a total of 88 pages written by yours truly; this was created by working with all the respectable & experienced commanders on our server. A preview of this guide is posted below.

in Guilds

Rhongomyniad.5081

I personally believe that when a commander starts thinking that he knows everything; that is when he/she gets left behind. This thirst for knowledge by finding new creative strategies (wait for culling to disappear and everyone will need to find new strategies) or spec groups or in-combat tactics is what consistently increases the meta-evolution of this game. People don’t realize that this game is still fairly new and we are only scratching the surface of the meta-game.
http://tinyurl.com/apkmwkz

3. Channels of Communication
All the commanders in the main WvW guilds get along. We have open channels of communication and truly believe in multi-guild coordination. There is no hierarchy of ego’s between us. We respect those that are more experienced and give credit where its due but it’s far from a dictatorship or a democracy. I would say it’s more along the lines of a ‘controlled democracy’. Any guild that decides to move here will have a voice at the table and be welcomed with open arms into the War Council (Commanders). They will have an equal say on the overall planning and strategic discussion. We believe in inclusivity from the get-go.

4. Veteran Oceanic’s
Our server is a NA-heavy server. This does not mean that we are completely full in NA time, in fact other than TCBL and EB there are no queues in other maps during NA primetime. When the guilds have decided to make a coordinated push on an enemy borderland a queue might pop up but the longest that has been is 15 to 30 minutes. Even so this still results in only having 2/4 maps at queue.
Our oceanics are a rag-tag bunch of hardened veterans. I play during oceanic and euro as well. We have fought with inferior numbers against tremendous oceanic powerhouses; we fought against Crystal Desert multiple times, we fought against Sea of Sorrow and Blackgate when they were on the rise and Blackgate again when they were back at Tier 2 and heavily increasing their oceanic presence and we have held our own. I would go so far on a limb and say that our oceanic although lacking in number consist of far more experienced and less-mistake prone players than our NA crew. Although a lot of our NA do consistently pull all nighters to keep us competitive #nolife.

5. Long Term Vision
This is what separates us from the other bandwagon servers. We have stability because the backbone of our WvW is the militia/pugs. We have many veterans scattered among various small guilds. This backbone will always exist. TC will always be the unofficial RP server therefore population of militia/pugs will never be an issue. We are not solely dependent on our large WvW guilds so even if they decide to transfer over there won’t be a plummet in tiers and performance. The stability will always be there. We want to encourage more WvW focused guilds to join us in order to make a push to top Tier 2 and eventually be competitive in Tier 1. None of the things that happened to HoD and ET will EVER happen to TC. I know everyone believes that their server has server pride and that is also the case with TC; there is a loyalty to the server that is almost cult-like.
In conclusion, I really hope that your guild considers Tarnished Coast as a possible destination to call their home. Do look past the myth of it being an RP server. I encourage any of you to contact me either on these forums or email (aequitasesport@gmail.com) for further inquiries. I encourage guild commanders to come into mumble with us and watch us operate.

Sincerely,
Theongreyjoy"