Tarnished Coast looking for a few more for our late night crew!

in Guilds

Posted by: Alodar.5794

Alodar.5794

Tarnished Coast did a fantastic job this week. We are looking forward to next week.

Again, if any late night players or Aussie/Asian guilds want to come to this server during our off hours and enjoy playing with a VERY competitive server, it would compliment us well.

TSL is looking forward to next week.

Madember – Level 80 Elementalist
Madamber – Level 80 Guardian
Guild Leader of TSL (www.shadowlegion.net)

in Guilds

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

I managed to tag along with PiNK’s group a few times last night in one of the borderlands. Great fun!

I was also introduced to The Pain Train last night, too, in the Eternal Battlegrounds. Great leader, easy to spot. Large norn guys dressed in pink tend to stand out.

Much love from all of us in Dramatically Effective RP.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

Tarnished Coast guilds likely will not leave TC just due to the fact that those here now are RPers and it is the unofficial RP server. People do not want to give that up just to make a better WvW server. Go figure though this large group of RPers also has a strong community in WvW. If several SoS guilds came here it’d be great but I kinda doubt TS would be leaving their server cause it has this extra tag to it others don’t.

in Guilds

Posted by: westquester.3426

westquester.3426

By the way, one of our lovely RP people has been tracking the server status over the course of the week (just started monday). It’s on an hourly basis, but it looks like Monday-Tuesday is the best time to transfer over.

http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/4448428-tc-population-levels-by-daytimedate

It’s a growing project.

in Guilds

Posted by: Azmodyus.6839

Azmodyus.6839

Pretty funny that i read someone say there is a lack of ego with the TC rp’rs, especially reading the following posts trying to stroke it all up. When we were losing you guys were nowhere to be found. I guess noone wants to rp the loser, huh? Being positive and friendly does go a long way but i’ve seen it fall apart time after time when you see your coin go down to the flame rams and elementals. TC needs more than just a nighttime presence, we need the foul mouthed hardcore pvp’rs that most of our server is too thin skinned to handle. We do work together really well and its nice seeing the guilds willing to spend coin and seeing it through, but we need to work on our strategy. The way we have played this last week won’t work against well populated WvW guilds.

in Guilds

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Such a Naysayer. When we were getting stomped against Dragronbrand, people didn’t simply give up. Maybe in the borderlands or Eternal where you were, Azmodyus, but the 40-60 man zergs I rolled with were having a blast. Our guild also had no problems digging in against both Mag and Drag when we had too. I also did have some RPing the loser, because there’s only one direction… up, at that point.

in Guilds

Posted by: Mablung.3519

Mablung.3519

Pretty funny that i read someone say there is a lack of ego with the TC rp’rs, especially reading the following posts trying to stroke it all up. When we were losing you guys were nowhere to be found. I guess noone wants to rp the loser, huh? Being positive and friendly does go a long way but i’ve seen it fall apart time after time when you see your coin go down to the flame rams and elementals. TC needs more than just a nighttime presence, we need the foul mouthed hardcore pvp’rs that most of our server is too thin skinned to handle. We do work together really well and its nice seeing the guilds willing to spend coin and seeing it through, but we need to work on our strategy. The way we have played this last week won’t work against well populated WvW guilds.

Wha? This server has several top notch guilds dedicated to WvW. TSL, pINK, EB, TSG, TSP, and the list goes on. Forgive me if I left any out. We completely dominated SoS and GoM.

Mablung- Co-Guild leader of Mortis Umbra [MU]

in Guilds

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

TC needs more than just a nighttime presence, we need the foul mouthed hardcore pvp’rs that most of our server is too thin skinned to handle.

No, TC does not need that at all.

There is a common fallacy that ‘foul mouthed’ means better results when it comes to MMOs. This is so not true. But, that’s a totally off-topic thing.

Please, if you are one of these “foul mouthed hardcore pvpers” stay away from TC. If you are on TC and are unhappy please server transfer off of TC.

TC is a great community with, for the most part, great people. We do not want that changing.

Will TC continue to dominate in WvW – probably not. But, we do well enough and we have fun doing it. That’s what matters at the end of the day.

in Guilds

Posted by: Fel.8195

Fel.8195

What does ego have to do with recruitment for the server? That makes no sense. There is a huge difference between ego and pride. Sorry for having pride in our server, but I think we have plenty to be proud of.

There were still queue times when we were losing (which was 2+ weeks ago?). TC was a different server when we first faced Dragonbrand. I’d welcome a rematch. I’m sure the new match tonight will be much more challenging, but I have faith that we’ll hold our own.

And to work on our strategy? Instead of just placing broad accusations, please give specific details. I’m confused, since for the majority of the week, we held a massive lead.

/shrug

On topic… new match starts tonight. Most likely moving up into the top 9, after two wins in a row. If any oceanic guilds or players are looking for a great server to call home, check us out!

in Guilds

Azmodyus.6839

Actually when Draganbrand was pounding us it only took me 5 minutes to get into our defensive map. We do have some guilds that love to group up for WvW, but as i said their strats haven’t and won’t continue working on the highly organized servers. I’m not so sure about there being a “common” misconception about typical pvp’rs, but in my experience they tend to play better. Getting people here at night is a great idea, unfortunately it just won’t cut it, but we can learn. We already have a dedicated base to work from. Just don’t be so insecure about criticisms spoken out in general chat.

in Guilds

Fel.8195

Thank you for your constructive criticism… I’m still lost on the whole “their strats haven’t and won’t continue working on highly organized servers”. Your opinion, of course. Just not sure what type of evidence would ever suggest that.

Reinforcing our night crew is certainly not a bad thing, hence the point of this thread.

(edited by Fel.8195)

in Guilds

Azmodyus.6839

Well i could type out some specifics but it takes up way too much space.
Besides we shouldn’t exactly air stuff out on a public forum. Suffice it to say that we play too much catch up with our keeps and towers, meaning we try to get our large group there when the gate is almost fallen. I’ve only seen us stop them like that maybe one out of ten times. I’ve also seen people bring 5 golems and march them right into a heavily fortified keep without so much as trying to talk to anyone so we could wipe out the cannons first. I believe their response was, “oh well at least they were free.” That happened a couple of times in the same night actually.

in Guilds

Fel.8195

Besides we shouldn’t exactly air stuff out on a public forum.

Exactly.

New match tonight. Oceanic players, if you want to join a server that is progressing every week, and more importantly, game with people who coordinate and have a good time, check out Tarnished Coast.

Besides having a large group of well established WvW guilds from both NA and Oceanic regions, we also have a 400 person VoIP server for WvW coordination.

If our matchup turns out to be against Dragonbrand and Crystal Desert, we look forward to it.

in Guilds

Posted by: shorty.2608

shorty.2608

Fel can i get that voip this way when need be i can relay kitten to my guild. As the strat’s go no worries TSG still got kitten up there sleeve i never put everything on the table at once!! on the topic of fowl mouthed hardcore pvpers. though we may be very caring and helpful deep down we of TSG have a fire in side that drives us to do what it takes to win. back on our swtor server we were the BEST not trying to spew e- peen but we worked hard for that and we will work hard time and time again. theres not a whole lot that will stop us from pushing forward and doing what needs to be done.

That being said we would love for more late night players to come support the best kitten toast ive ever had.

if you are a solo late night player or a small guild looking to merg with a organized Death squad, or just a friendly group of people having a great time playing the game would love for you to hit me Lightning C Farron up if you cant get me lord regnier lord lynch deyja or of course zynthetic we would be glad to talk.

LONG LIVE OUR TOAST

Tarnished Coast. The Sovereign Gaming. GuildMaster

(edited by shorty.2608)

in Guilds

Posted by: Zoula.5139

Zoula.5139

TC is made up of a wide variety of players, but includes both those that love WvW (and PvP in general) and RP. These are not directly opposite focuses but it’s true that not everyone here is going to be 100% committed to purely WvW that you’’ll see on the more “hardcore” servers.

I doubt we’ll ever be one of the top 3 servers or anything like that, but we’re going to do the best we can and take this as far as we go. That’s what you’re seeing in this thread: players happy with where they are and how the server is operating.

There’s no need to attract more “foul-mouthed” uber-pvpers. While in the short term it may bump us a few ranks, those would be the first to leave if anything bad started happening and would probably negatively influence the tone of the server.

So TC are “proud” but it’s not just due to our rank, but the mixture of rank and community.

(Also we weren’t nearly as co-ordinated back in the DB/Maguuma days)

Zoula Frostmane
<Bloodgale Vanguard>
www.vanguardgaming.com

in Guilds

Trock Bronze.9625

Zoula is right, our attitude is not about being the most hardcore PvP server out there, we literally have a mix of everything you could want on our server, PvPers, WvWvW…ers with a huge alliance of fairly well co-ordinated guilds and commanders, RP and so on. We aren’t out to be the top world but we are better then many suspected. We just want to have fun though, if it becomes uber competitive in WvWvW you’ll likely see a drop in activity, we are fighting worlds around our level of play, where we can win and be challenged doing so, or if loosing fight tooth and nail and feel like we are accomplishing something. We only need more people at night to help fill in the gaps, but not super competitive people/guilds that only care to win.

in Guilds

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Will TC continue to dominate in WvW – probably not. But, we do well enough and we have fun doing it. That’s what matters at the end of the day.

This. I fully expect us to remain on the mid to “lower high” tier. Those really high up are there for a reason and there’s no denying the quality of their play. I congratulate them. TC has a fairly solid, or at the very least, established feel to it’s WvW forces. Organization slowly increasing, zone coverage generally understood. All that. And it has a group of people who fight just to fight and find joy in victory and the struggle.

Would we like to get back at, say, Dragonbrand? Sure. But everyone always wants to do better the next time their up against someone who hit you hard. That’s part of how competition goes. But at the end of the day, trite as this sounds, I just want good fights. Win or lose.

Extra coverage, for all servers, would likely help with this. I’d like to see those type of numbers spread generally across the board, from Kaineng to Denravi or whoever.

in Guilds

Fel.8195

Fel can i get that voip this way when need be i can relay kitten to my guild.

Hit me up in-game, or anyone from the AWC. Definitely important for the VoIP coordination.

in Guilds

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

Hit me up in-game, or anyone from the AWC. Definitely important for the VoIP coordination.

That’d be great, always easier being able to talk on voice coms to the masses, and it’d give a greater sense of cohesion to the whole server.

Hoping for this to turn out into a fun, balanced matchup.

And as for our “tactics” not working on higher tier servers. We know our karma trains won’t win us matchups, but it does give us something to do while we’re ahead. TC needs to defend what we take, and hold it this time around.

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

(edited by Zynthetic.2954)

in Guilds

Scorpio Shirica.1286

We almost completely pushed Dragonbrand off the map inside the Crystal Desert Borderlands, was fighting until…3am, when we started getting sleepy and had to log off. That’s EST, btw. More reasons why we need more folks like TSG.

in Guilds

Alodar.5794

Yeah just a couple more solid guilds from the Oceanic time zone and this server would move way up.

We’ve been holding out own. Right now we are a VERY close second (And closing) at it’s almost 2am pst. Having a couple more decent sized Oceanic guilds would be great right now.

Send Madember a message in game if anyone or any guilds are looking to head over to Tarnished Coast.

in Guilds

Posted by: gorgewall.4901

gorgewall.4901

You can join the Toast or be part of Sea of Suckers. Your choice.

in Guilds

Trock Bronze.9625

I don’t know who got this idea to call us ‘toast’ but it is not nearly as cool as you guys think.

in Guilds

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I don’t know who got this idea to call us ‘toast’ but it is not nearly as cool as you guys think.

Tarnished Coast. You’re toast!

I think it fits.

in Guilds

Posted by: Winterwolf.3782

Winterwolf.3782

We also call wiping a group of opposing players “delivering the pizza.” It’s topical. We’re hungry people, mk?

Tarnished Coast Rough Riders

in Guilds

Posted by: shorty.2608

shorty.2608

well its easy you see i love my server and i love toast take the t from tarnished and put it in place of the c in coast and now you have two things i love!

Tarnished Coast. The Sovereign Gaming. GuildMaster

in Guilds

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

Just took a keep and a tower with ~8 people. Now half of have gone to bed, and there’s 2 people here on defense, rest went elsewhere. More siege down atm then we have people to man them.

We REALLY need more oceanics and euros. No queues at all for anything currently (10pm east AU), and still holding a decent amount of points. Suggest all oceanics looking to be competitive give Tarnished Coast a go.

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

in Guilds

Posted by: SKYeXile.2716

SKYeXile.2716

sent PM’s to Alodar and Zynthetic if you could reply in PM to me please.

You guys dont have server forums do you?

Xile | TRF – GM | [AU] Trf-guild.com – Now Recruiting.

(edited by SKYeXile.2716)

in Guilds

Scorpio Shirica.1286

We sort of do… but, it’s nothing official. http://awc.enjin.com/home and http://guildwars2roleplayers.com/ are used heavily by our server for many things, AWC is WvWvW focused however, while gw2RPers is RP focused.

in Guilds

Scorpio Shirica.1286

I think our performance against Dragonbrand, another oceanic server… should speak as to why some oceanics ought support our night time endeavors.

in Guilds

Alodar.5794

SKYeXile I got your message and replied.

Once again our server is showing how quickly we are improving and moving up the ranks. Currently we are facing Dragonbrand and Crystal Desert. During the day we are neck and neck against Crystal Desert and always hold more than Dragonbrand… however Dragonbrand outnumbers us at night. We are beating Dragonbrand in overall points.

Looking to add a few more solid guilds to our server for our Late Night group. Basically 10pm – 8amPST. Any Aussie or Asian guilds would be perfect and there would be NO queue times for you.

This server would shoot up the ladder with a few guilds who are looking for a very solid server that works well together.

Any questions…

Contacts
Alodar Sylmor (Madember in game) – Co-Guild Leader of The Shadow Legion (TSL) in Guild Wars 2
Mablung (Kerunir in game) – Co-Guild Leader of The Shadow Legion (TSL in Guild Wars 2
(The Shadow Legion Website)

in Guilds

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

I think TC EU/Oceanics can easily transfer to CD and be in a T2 server. NA guilds are welcome too but it might increase our queue from 30 mins to 1 hr. We are always looking to work with NA guilds and appreciate the fine work Oceanics do.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Guilds

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Any UTC+2 timezone(ish) guilds on Tarnished Coast doing WvW? I might be tempted to transfer, as I’m getting queues on my prime time on current server and with my playing time being so limited it really hurts my experience. I also don’t really care for zerging so I wouldn’t mind being in the “night crew”.

One – Piken Square

in Guilds

Winterwolf.3782

I think TC EU/Oceanics can easily transfer to CD and be in a T2 server. NA guilds are welcome too but it might increase our queue from 30 mins to 1 hr. We are always looking to work with NA guilds and appreciate the fine work Oceanics do.

Recruiting in another server’s thread is so classy. Just adding to that sterling reputation Fang already has, I suppose. By the way, you’re currently enjoying 695+ in WvW. I don’t think you need more Oceanic/SEA players, you seem to have the time slot pretty well covered as it is.

in Guilds

Alodar.5794

Tarnished Coast has shown time and time again that we are more than competitive during NA prime time hours usually leading in points progression.

Any oceanic guilds/players that transfer would find that our server already owns more that our share of the map at the beginning of your prime time hours plus you would have absolutely no queue times to join WvW.

Please contact me in game on Madember if you wish to know more.

Contacts
Alodar Sylmor (Madember in game) – Co-Guild Leader of The Shadow Legion (TSL) in Guild Wars 2
Mablung (Kerunir in game) – Co-Guild Leader of The Shadow Legion (TSL in Guild Wars 2
(The Shadow Legion Website]

(edited by Alodar.5794)

in Guilds

Posted by: ski.4927

ski.4927

Greetings and saulutations from Dragonbrand.

I find it interesting that I should come across this particular thread just as I was talking to a friend of mine about our current situation. We are 3rd shift workers, and find our only real play time to be from about 11PM through the following morning Sunday through Tuesday. We don’t really have too much holding us to Dragonbrand at the moment, and have been considering a move to a guild PvP community that needs players like us.

Over this last few days we were off work, we managed to accomplish a good amount in WvW late night, as once we log in it’s all we do. Some TC’ers may have noticed a small roam group hitting towers and supply nodes consistently throughout these nights flipping them purple. That would be us. You can’t see our names, but you will know us as the duo of Rangers running laps. Sometimes people end up following and joining in our fun, sometimes it’s just the two of us.

Turkish Krul and Djornak Bjeornsun are our names.

We both fit in very well with a mature RP type community and have even dabbled in it a bit ourselves in previous games. If there are guilds serious about strengthening their presence during 3rd shift, hit me up if you are able to, or reply to this. While we can only help Sun-Tues, and there are only two of us, we consider ourselves a noticable presence in the BGs when we roam. At the very least, the constant flipping of flags, supply camps, and towers has got to be a nuisance to keep up with. ; )

Turkish Krul – Druid

in Guilds

Scorpio Shirica.1286

The Shadow Legion could definitely do with some more third shift-ers.

in Guilds

Posted by: ski.4927

ski.4927

I got a PM from Madember. My friend(s) and I are discussing it now trying to decide if uprooting and starting over is the best thing to do at this point. We love a good community and guild team, but would be hesitant to up and move simply to be alone somewhere else helping another guild full of people we don’t get to play with. Is there ANY consistent night team there to speak of at this point, or is it pretty much non existant?

Turkish Krul – Druid

in Guilds

Posted by: TurtleMuncher.9750

TurtleMuncher.9750

There is a TC oceanic crew, I wouldnt call it big… but I wouldnt call it small either. You should temporarily transfer over there and roll with the Pink/TSL ( or was it TSG) , they are the major oceanic crew i see when i fought them.

MERC

in Guilds

Posted by: Mablung.3519

Mablung.3519

TSL (The Shadow Legion) is not an oceanic guild. We are a NA guild spread across every NA time zone. However, we do have members playing at all hours of the day/night. Most of us play until 2, 3 and even 4 am EST.

If you have any questions about The Shadow Legion, please feel free to PM me here or contact myself or Madember in game.

Mablung- Co-Guild leader of Mortis Umbra [MU]

in Guilds

Posted by: Kendu Kuzal.3985

Kendu Kuzal.3985

Wish I could transfer to TC, been trying but it’s had a Full pop for 2 days. Can’t get on during the day since I’m at work. Ugh. Hopefully I’ll see an opening on Monday or Tues.

in Guilds

Posted by: muCephei.9428

muCephei.9428

Wish I could transfer to TC, been trying but it’s had a Full pop for 2 days. Can’t get on during the day since I’m at work. Ugh. Hopefully I’ll see an opening on Monday or Tues.

If you really want to hop on board, the best time some of my friends have found is early morning

~ Zephrina – Mes | Lorweyn – Ele | Miyael – Rev ~
~ [BEER] Tarnished Coast ~

in Guilds

Kendu Kuzal.3985

Like 6-7AM EST ?

in Guilds

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

Hi Kendu,

The folks over at guildwars2roleplayers.com have a thread dedicated to getting onto Tarnished Coast.

http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/4448428-tc-population-levels-by-daytimedate

This will show you the best times to join our incredible server.

in Guilds

Kendu Kuzal.3985

Yeah I’ve been checking that out as well. Looks like my best bet will be beginning of next week. Gonna try and bring 2 good friends with me as well.

in Guilds

Alodar.5794

We are still looking for more people for late night (10pm – 10am pst). There are absolutely no queues during those times, and we remain extremely competitive during the rest of the days.

Even our queues during our prime time hours are not that bad. I’ve waited about 5 minutes usually when I get in game around 8pm.

in Guilds

Winterwolf.3782

Congratulations to TC for a solid performance this week. In spite of the fact that we faced what seemed at times insurmountable odds from both of our opponents, we refused to falter, and are projected to actually move UP in the rankings tonight. I invite anyone, regardless of timeslot, to come join Tarnished Coast if you’re looking for a team of great pvpers with a never-give-up attitude.

<3 Coast

in Guilds

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

lol tarnished coast got spanked

in Guilds

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

I got a PM from Madember. My friend(s) and I are discussing it now trying to decide if uprooting and starting over is the best thing to do at this point. We love a good community and guild team, but would be hesitant to up and move simply to be alone somewhere else helping another guild full of people we don’t get to play with. Is there ANY consistent night team there to speak of at this point, or is it pretty much non existant?

The spread is a bit thin but has been growing in small increments. I know a general amount of my time is spent on those hours and these still tends to be some form of presence. Obviously the choice is yours but it wouldn’t be the worse possible decision.

At the end of the day though, when push comes to shove, don’t leave friends just to come to TC or anything like that. I don’t think anyone would suggest that. See if you can get people who are interested and take it from there, y’know? As much as extra combat crews would be appreciated, I don’t want it to be at the expense of you playing with your friends.

in Guilds

Alodar.5794

Tarnished Coast is still looking for more players. We generally have a short queue during the day, but at night we could really use some more to come fight in WvW.

If you’re an Oceanic or European guild, you would enjoy a very competitive server and zero queue times during your peak hours. You can also ask anyone around, Tarnished Coast is one of the most cooperative servers around and there is no quit. People don’t just quit playing if our server gets behind in points. We rally and fight back.

If you want to know more, please send me a message or contact me in game (Madember).