US Military - Active, Former and Retired

in Guilds

Posted by: Turpenstein.8213

Turpenstein.8213

“The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers.” – George S. Patton Jr.

By extension – no guild is better than its members, and no members are better than soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines. Try as you will, you won’t find any other breed that understands the phrase “see you later” better than the soldier. Who else can tear up the town with a buddy, deploy to BFE for 6 months, report back and pick right up where you left off? Who knows better that a departure is never goodbye, because you’ll always meet again?

The Vagabond Daggers are wayward soldiers in the lands of Tyria. We group when we can, we go solo if we need to, and we know that we have real lives and can’t always play. The guild was formed by an EFMB badge-wearing former army medic who knows that the best guilds are those that are military based. Here’s what Vagabond Daggers has to offer so far:

• A core of mature military members
  • A core of stellar non-military members
  • Mumble server for voice
  • Tier I guild vault
  • Guild armorer contract

…and here’s what we don’t have to offer:

• Login requirements
  • Mandatory events
  • Drama
  • Jerks

Well, maybe there can be jerks – but the funny kind. We’re casual players – meaning that we have casual hours. It does not mean that we love to herple and derple while standing in the fire. Some of us play better than others but can do so without being a very fluffy kitten about it. No yelling, no power trips. We’re somewhere between “Leeeeeeroy Jenkins!” and that twat that ran the “MOAR DOTS!” raid.

Not military? We also welcome military-minded civilians that know how to put up with our brand of living. We just ask that you behave in a mature manner and be prepared to hear some pretty sketchy talk at times.

I’m Turpenstein. I’m a web professional, an army veteran and GM of the Vagabond Daggers. Look me up or ask any member for an invite if you feel that we are the guild for you.

Turpenstein
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

(edited by Turpenstein.8213)

in Guilds

Turpenstein.8213

Holy kittens – we’re still recruiting new members! Visit us at our new web site and enjoy some of that new website smell!

Turpenstein
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

in Guilds

Posted by: dakotahkid.2685

dakotahkid.2685

soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines.

It is Marines with a capital M.

Fix yourself soldier.

Semper Fi

Dakotahkid

Dakota Shadowstrike
CoE

in Guilds

Turpenstein.8213

I stand corrected, Leatherneck. Hooah!

Turpenstein

in Guilds

Posted by: conifur.2896

conifur.2896

Well it is also Soldier with a capital S

in Guilds

Turpenstein.8213

Haha I’ll call you on that one Conifur. They get the cap because “Marine” is part of the name of the force and is used interchangeably with USMC, the Corps, etc. It doesn’t work the same way for us soldiers, seamen and airmen – because we weren’t in the US Soldiers (or the US Seamen, or US Airmen).

You get a capital “C” though :P

Turpenstein