Why be in a Guild?

Why be in a Guild?

in Guilds

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I’m currently in a guild with a RL friend. But, as a guild member, I can’t see what’s in it for me.

I run dungeons and participate in events and the guild gets points, which the officers can use for banners, etc, when they feel like it. But I only get the benefit if I happen to be there.

Why do people join guilds? Is there some benefit I’m not seeing?

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Why be in a Guild?

in Guilds

Posted by: iGotCurrency.7162

iGotCurrency.7162

Dropping banners is usually a privilege only given to high-status officers/guild masters, but there are also other guild buffs such as 10% magic find and 5% experience boosts which are given to all representing members.

Why be in a Guild?

in Guilds

Posted by: Mythdren.2475

Mythdren.2475

Toobz, are you talking about only guild perks, or the all around benefits of being in a guild?

“Honor, Respect, Loyalty, Patience” These virtues are the very foundation of Mythdren.

Why be in a Guild?

in Guilds

Posted by: Lunasun.2491

Lunasun.2491

I think its a combination of the social aspect and of course the buffs that make people want to join a guild…… nothing is so boring as playing alone…

Guild Leader of: We R In Style – Server: Underworld
http://werinstyle.shivtr.com/ https://www.facebook.com/WeRInStyle

Why be in a Guild?

in Guilds

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Guilds are less important in GW2, but they are a great way to hang out with like minded people, enjoy the social aspect of gaming, and in some cases find people you like to do runs with.

Why be in a Guild?

in Guilds

Posted by: Darkkist.5412

Darkkist.5412

hmm my guild uses the guild wide buffs all the time , we also have a active leadership that run wvw guild nights / fractal progression groups / instance farming / map completion events / pvp events – something going on every night…gives a lot of people in my guild opportunities to see all the content GW2 has to offer in a team environment that perhaps they would not have thought they would have done or enjoyed otherwise.

If your asking why be in a guild my answer is that your in the wrong guild !

Darkkist – 80 Elementalist
Guild leader of Furious Rising
Ring of Fire

Why be in a Guild?

in Guilds

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

wrong guild, selfish leadership, wrong place…time to jump ship

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Why be in a Guild?

in Guilds

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Toobz, are you talking about only guild perks, or the all around benefits of being in a guild?

All around benefits, I guess. Some of the others have answered my questions thanks.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.