A Very Big Thank You!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

I play GW2 with—and have been playing with, since beta—a close friend of mine, who occasionally has to work very late hours. GW2 is one of our best ways to relax and have fun together. Tonight we didn’t get to play together until very nearly bedtime, but logging in to the Halloween Event was just spectacular.

We spent a half hour in Lion’s Arch checking out all the cool new stuff, and then roamed around leveling our characters in Harathi Hinterlands. The first time we saw a Raw Candy Corn mode was very much an “OMG!” moment. I’ve been loving all the detail that went into this event, including the great art, the scattered pumpkin carvings, the scavenger hunt and especially the Trick or Treat doors. The new achievements are all a whole lot of fun, and I’m very happy with the unrelated changes as well—4500 Karma from a single Daily was a huge surprise.

Thanks for turning what could’ve been a long and tiring night into a fun one for us, ANet. I’m really looking forward to checking out the rest of this content, maybe getting my hands on a rare recipe or two.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Woah… 4500 just for completing a Daily?? O.o That’s like 75% of the total karma on one of my characters! Me likey that change!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

I’m totally into it too It’s totally awesome how big and omnipresent the event is. Darn you ArenaNet for making such awesome content! It’s almost 3am and I have things to do tomorrow- but I have so much more to do in game right now XD

I’m even happy that the halloween skin drop rate from the BLC is low, it would be pretty sucky if everyone was running around with the skins after opening a single chest… And if you really want the skin you can always buy it from the trading post ^^

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Glad you’re enjoying it.

As a reminder, Halloween content is being made available in four escalating acts over the next several days. Please don’t expect everything immediately, as that is not the way the event is structured, as you might have seen on the event page.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

I actually just got 3 greens from a chest… I think in going to cry… This is so beautiful!!!!!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Melonamen.1275

Melonamen.1275

I’m really enjoying the event too! Though we couldn’t get the first ghost to work on my server, even though we tried all the suggestions

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LiveSpartan.8206

LiveSpartan.8206

I’m loving the crazyiness in Lions arch with the costume brawl and food fights and the memoirs

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ravina Gray.4719

Ravina Gray.4719

Huge update and well worth the wait.

The detail in this game is amazing and too often ignored in a pile of whines and suggestions to turn this game into something else /rolleyes Good job devs… good job!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Raithron.1582

Raithron.1582

Im loving the Event playing with my 2 other mates, we were having a blast!

GUILD WARS 2 BUDDY!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Count me in. Costume brawl is a lot of fun, implementation is just brilliant, LA’s like a fun messy warzone. Mad Memories and Haunted Doors r great fun for new toons, and since i love casual exploring it’s a good reason for old ones to visit new and old places. And for later we have some recipies to discover and crafting to do. Looking forward to participate in following acts. Easily the best seasonal event i’ve ever seen i any MMO so far, great job guys.

I c a lot of negativity in this forum due to new skins drop chance from BLC, it’s a bit sad that ppl sometimes forget how to play and have fun and that games r meant for fun, instead at times their grindy mindset can completely overshadow everything else.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

see THESE are the kinds of players I like.

People who don’t need weapon skins to make or break an event for them.

As much as I think Anet, i thank YOU guys even more.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CaptSlate.6205

CaptSlate.6205

I’ve been with the angry crowd on the skin thing, but that doesn’t stop me from saying,

Hell Yeah, keep up the kitten fine work, the costume brawl was exactly how I had hoped you would implement it, I love the way that it can kinda popup anywhere.

The new puzzles, mini-dungeons, and cool new events to look forward too, are just that, Excellent things to look forward too, and I hope that the next stages of the event are just as enjoyable as the one today was.

Can’t wait to be forced to laugh at horrible jokes or die!

Ah yeah, and I really love the bat lights, those things are super cool.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RealZero.8379

RealZero.8379

My kudos and thanks to the team as well, I only had 40 minutes to try the event, then I had to go to work and won’t be able to play for some more hours, but I already really liked the ideas and features.
Looking forward to discover more later on, and I’m happy to hear costume brawl will stay even after Halloween, great to have more minigames like that.

Thanks for part one already, looking forward to the others.^^

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nimmi.1650

Nimmi.1650

Lion Chests ordeal aside, everything has been great. Having lots of fun. <3 I absolutely positively cannot wait for the rest of the acts to take place. ^^ The art is by far my most favorite part to this update. It’s beyond words! I just love the twisted and fun style of Halloween you guys have brought to life.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: spicytunaroll.7295

spicytunaroll.7295

i just wanted to say i’m really impressed with the event so far. this is my first gw Halloween and i’ve been hearing from guildies that Halloween is really something on gw. i’m able to say i was not let down.

the doors opening to the eerie dimension was brilliant and i could hardly recognize heart of the mists enshrouded in creepy green fog. good job!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

The Costume Brawl is great – so much fun, and finally makes the chest tonics useful!
The only pain, though, is the poor character response after using a summoned Cauldron – you can’t move for a few seconds, eating all hits and losing health stacks, meaning that anyone with 10+ stacks of King of Costume Brawl is not likely to risk using a Cauldron.

All in all, i’m nearly as hyped for this update as i was for the game’s release – Halloween was my first event ever in GW1, on a trial account back then, and it will always have a special place in my nerdy gamer heart. Can’t wait for the next acts!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: potsherds.7916

potsherds.7916

Also want to say think you! Halloween is a fantastic holiday, my favourite personally, and I already love what I’m seeing in game, having barely scratched the surface. Thanks so much!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I got in a skeleton fisticuffs brawl with 25 participants in the middle of Tarnished Coast Lion’s Arch, and a large crowd was watching us in-character.

It was hilarious. Someone kept typing the lyrics to the Mortal Kombat song in map chat.

Karma or no karma, loot or no loot, that was a bag of fun.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Ya for all the QQ about RNG in the boxes being well… RNG, this is an amazing event and I think people are losing sight of how much is in this update! THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK ANET!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kasen.9032

Kasen.9032

Thanks for some awesome good times

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

Logged in last night after update and this morning. I really like the Haunted Door and the insanity that LA has become. I will venture out into the world to experience more later today.

So far, the event has been fun.

One question – Is the LA ghost bugged? The one where you use the device near the asura. I tried it several times but could not see anything.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tigger.8190

Tigger.8190

I agree! Thank you very much Anet, I can’t wait to get home from work to try everything out!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dicer.2931

Dicer.2931

Where can I find the Mad King’s jumping puzzle?

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Amorphous.2160

Amorphous.2160

Again here, thank you so much ArenaNet!! It’s awesome, I am having a blast as are my guildies and friends! There are a lot of crybabies out there going nuts over skins and stuff they feel entitled to, who are missing a lot of the best parts! Hope they don’t drown out the sounds of those of us who are grateful and having a blast!!!

Intel i7 3.4GHz – 16GB RAM – MSi 560Ti 2GB – 9TB Total internal storage

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

This was an excellent update. Can’t wait to try it more when I get home tonight. Being a giant candy corn monster was hilarious.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mandrew.2853

Mandrew.2853

Thank you Arenanet as well!!!

And a thank you too the post maker of this topic! I am so sick of looking at whiny and disappointed/complaining topics.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Glaurung.1076

Glaurung.1076

Thank you! everything is great!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: yiannit.2083

yiannit.2083

If only they spent the time and effort of the Halloween event on fixing the game

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

I was more than impressed. Very well done.

Thank you much.

Could I criticize? Oh heck yeah. But it still is wonderful. The pacing is a bit meh, with not enough events to absorb the “grind” into—a bit of a disguise if you will. Variety is the spice of life. But it is enjoyable and has a great foundation for next year to build on.

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

Regarding karma jugs, monthly gives you 10 of those (50k karma in total).

Don’t miss the monthly.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Agreed. This event is a definite home run for ArenaNet.

We are having way too much fun.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: igmolicious.5986

igmolicious.5986

I absolutely love the event activities — I also got a hearty chuckle out of smacking giant candy corns with a pickaxe. I can’t wait to get home and check out more of the event (I still haven’t run through the event quest line, since it was having some issues last night), and if anyone has any clues on how to find the clock tower jumping puzzle or new mini dungeons, I’d love to hear them

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: thetoetag.5183

thetoetag.5183

I’m done paying attention to the QQ threads because the Halloween event is kitten AWESOME! I can’t wait to see what else is in store for our heroes in the coming week.

Keep up the good work A-Net!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: igmolicious.5986

igmolicious.5986

Event activities? Like what? The LA one near the lion is broken.
Find books is an event maybe?

Well, that one, the haunted doors that pop up in various locations, finding candy corn, costume brawl chaos, experimenting with recipes… there’s a lot to do. Apparently there were a bunch of new regular DEs added too, though I haven’t had a chance to go looking for them yet (patch dropped late in the EDT timezone, and I’m working today). Also, hunting for the new jumping puzzle, mini dungeons, and event achievements is on my to-do list.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Never found any mini dungeon nor hunted doors at all, and im playing everywhere all the day. Recipes are published yet, nothing to experiment, and an extreme waste of mats.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Allegra.4910

Allegra.4910

I almost never post in game forums – for a variety of reasons, but mostly because QQing just irritates me and I don’t want to see it. But – I am really enjoying the halloween content so far, so I wanted to say, “Thanks! This is cute and fun!”

Psychologically speaking, people are far more likely to go out of their way to complain than to praise – just how humans are. So I’d like to put my $.02 in to counter that.

Good job, y’all.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

although up until now i have only been participating in QQ threads as a sarcastic and hopefully humorous spectator,
haven’t even logged in yet to see the pretties or opened any BLCs to chance for shinies,
i feel i must add to this “happy” thread to congratulate Anet on not trolling me into ranting so far.
cheers!

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

It is very nice to see new stuff in areas you have passed many times,no matter how big or how small.And good to see so many players having fun in Lions Arch.It can only be a good thing,the more you add,the more enjoyment we experience.

The Dev’s and its players all want the same thing in the end.An enjoyable world that is fun for all.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ImaDirtyBirdy.7392

ImaDirtyBirdy.7392

So many people cry, its all i see on the forum, and i dont see enough thanks.

This game even with all its flaws, is the best game ive played in the last decade.. And i know from my experience with guildwars 1. That you guys follow through, and support your product..

Anyways, I overcame a considerable amount of laziness to write this, so imma get back to it. Just thought id show my appreciation.

Again Thanks

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

I knew there was a reason I had 50+ chests sitting in storage

Thanks for the update ANet. Very well done.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

I knew there was a reason I had 50+ chests sitting in storage

Thanks for the update ANet. Very well done.

Obviously at this point the Anet post is dated information. The even is live and the chests are working.. but they have around a 1.5% drop rate on anything holiday related. Do not expect to net anything from 50 chests. People have opened 200 and walked away without event related items. Have fun.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

I didn’t get much time to check things out last night as it was late and I had to be at work early this morning, but I loved what I did see. Graphically gorgeous and fun. I can’t wait to get home this evening and see more!

TY, ANet for all the good fun and for having (apparently) thick enough skins to weather the inevitable complaints.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

(edited by Debsylvania.7396)

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Smoothicus.7381

Smoothicus.7381

the only thing i have to blame Anet for is my now total addiction to GW2

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: revv.3128

revv.3128

Thank you for the amazing Event, and thank you for making such an amazing world for us all to explore.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: dahkot.3579

dahkot.3579

Have to agree, and the amount of QQing an whining I’ve seen from the people on here about not having everything in an event barely 12 hours old makes me feels for the AN devs.

I enjoyed the short time got to run around and check things out last night also.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Always remember that forums are a minority viewpoint and typically the most negative views get the most voice. A quick look at elections reveals the same trend.

Squeeky wheel gets the grease right?

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jerlis.1507

Jerlis.1507

Yeah, thank you for a great event Anet, an event where you can not get anything at all through playing a game, only through buying, buying, buying and buying. Thank you for the worst kind of scam in the internet which ever happened – Black Lion’s chests. (Also I play APB:Reloaded and they have that same thing – Joker boxes. This name actually fits more to this kind of “content”, boxes of joke.

I very much hope that one day there will apear some kind of international law to forbid this kind of gambling in MMOs. No it is not a rage post, it is a post of a disapointed person who likes to earn stuff by playing and not by tossing wallet and everything what is inside away. There is nothing to do on this event. Nothing at all.

After quitting WoW more than 2 years ago I didn’t think I will ever say this but… Dear A-net, WoW did it better.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Xyphll.5617

Xyphll.5617

And then the guy we all know and love peeks into the room. i agree with the OP awsome game awsome event i love it. to the guy who QQ’s about nothign to gain from playing u need to start thinking outside of whats right in front of you. this is act 1 of 4 and u can gain things from playing. craft the items if u want them buy them from the TP so the BLC has a low drop rate i say awsome makes the skin that much more valuable and that sir is something this game doesnt have to many things of but thats ok gold is easy enough to make.

so once agian thanks AN keep up the good work looking fowared to the rest of the event as the week unfolds.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: lifebird.1845

lifebird.1845

/sarcasm_on

I payed $60 for this game. That’s a lot of money!
AreaNet should be able to continue to develop content for me for the next 10 years (that’s $6 per year) based on my initial purchase! How DARE you coerce me to contribute to ongoing development by offering fun and frivolous items for purchase or via an opt-in lottery system; items that have no actual bearing on the actual gameplay, don’t make me l33t, but are meant to enhance the experience, should I choose to participate. What’s more, those that choose to pay in and contribute, even if they do win, still don’t end up having any PvP or PvE advantage over the rest of us!? How unscrupulous and devious of you, AreaNet!

/sarcasm_off

Get real people!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I am happy that you are enjoying the game. Parts of it are fun for me.
Excuse me for trying to make the game better- I would like to get into Araha when it isnt bugged or have a stable WvW population to play with or zones other than orr.
My guild died because of issues and arent coming back. They need to retain what they have or you will be the only one left.