Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I’m usually the party pooper at times like this but, this is great fun so far

Looking forward to the rest!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Karma rewards finally give some meaning to daily and monthly achievements. I mean the amount of stuff that went into salvage instead of selling was a HUGE investment compared to what people were getting so far for completing the monthly achievement. Way to go!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Darkshine.5493

Darkshine.5493

Agreed, I am having a blast! Thank you, Anet, for your hard work!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GreyFeathers.8175

GreyFeathers.8175

As usual Anet comes through with some fun content for the holidays and for once I’m happy to see someone commenting about good things instead of gripping about crap. I’ve almost stopped using these forums all togeather because of the later but it hasn’t stopped my love of this game and the good times I’ve been having. I only got to spend a little time with the event last night but my first words were WOW……

Loving it so far and for the poor folks who actually have to shift through the garbage here on these forums there are those of us who appreciate what you do and it has to be a pretty thankless job sometimes. I’m afraid there would just be mass bannings of Jack Wagons if I had to do it since they have nothing better to contribute than complain or troll on these boards. That’s not the GW 2 community and Anet isn’t another gaming company. I’ve yet to find a company I’ve been more comfortable with supporting then them. I have not always agreed with some of what’s been done but as usual in the end me the customer has always come out ahead.

Keep up the good work and thank you from the mostly silent part of the GW 2 community.

Happy Halloween !!!

Honor is limited only by the limitations that we place upon ourselves.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jerlis.1507

Jerlis.1507

And then the guy we all know and love peeks into the room. i agree with the OP awsome game awsome event i love it. to the guy who QQ’s about nothign to gain from playing u need to start thinking outside of whats right in front of you. this is act 1 of 4 and u can gain things from playing. craft the items if u want them buy them from the TP so the BLC has a low drop rate i say awsome makes the skin that much more valuable and that sir is something this game doesnt have to many things of but thats ok gold is easy enough to make.

so once agian thanks AN keep up the good work looking fowared to the rest of the event as the week unfolds.

1st. I’m not a guy

2nd. This is my 1st negative post. Sadly it is justified

3rd. I am sure next part of the event up to 4 will be “new items are added to Black Lion trading place” and possible a couple of more silly games in Lion’s arch

4th. I know the weapon skins are awasome and all… I am not against buying awasome stuff for cash, I am against gambling like it is now. Ok, if someone wants to gamble for those items, fine, feel free… but than add also those skins as a separate item, let it cost a lot but let it be there for those who hate gambling but who wants to have it. It is not some kind of legendary, some of the skins are simple must have in such game as this (the scyth for example).

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: aetherseed.5609

aetherseed.5609

I LOVE the aesthetics of Lion’s Arch. Best Halloween event I’ve had in an MMO. I can’t wait to see the other acts.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SmOkE.2805

SmOkE.2805

Great thread OP…

I’ve been playing GW’s since Prophecies all the way through IoTN. Never played WOW, it was just too cartoony for me and didn’t like the young population.

Back to the topic: I knew once GW2 came out it was going to be nothing short of Amazing. ANet has not let me down one bit. As a Dev myself I understand completely you can and never will please everyone. For a two month old game it has surpassed them all in terms of clean launch with minimal fires to put out. With any program there will “ALWAYS” be fires to put out, goes with the territory of development!

I hate seeing QQing from people who have no clue what it takes, and what goes into development! Drives me up the wall, thus why I very rarely will post in forums. This thread is full of positive reinforcement.

With that said, knowing they were going to do a Halloween event cause they always have done them in the past GW’s this one is Awesome!! I love the difficulty in getting items and figuring out what needs to be done to complete events. I think that’s why most people play games is the challenge of figuring kittens out, and not everyone can have all the items on the first day of the event. Not sure what some people are thinking in that regard o_O…

At any rate, I’m pleased with the Halloween event so far, I know it’s only going to get better… Even though I was only able to put in a couple hours last night that kitten RL gets into the way

Peace

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Epsilonae.7460

Epsilonae.7460

Here to add my thankyou for the Halloween event – LA looks amazing, but the quaggans are my favourite, so unbelievably adorable. o.o

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Yep gonna add my voice to this thread in saying a big thank you to the hard working team at ANet. There have been a few bugs and glitches, but in all fairness, I am having a blast!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: dahkot.3579

dahkot.3579

/cheers enjoying it also

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rekia.1480

Rekia.1480

I’m pretty disappointed with the negativity on the forums. The people who are not having fun are obviously the more vocal since those of us who are having fun are probably in game enjoying it instead of browsing the forums. There are a ton of negative threads already if you guys want to complain there.

I just wanted to add my opinion I guess, since I’m one of the people having a ton of fun with this event. There is actually a lot more to this event than I originally thought, with the awesome decorations, pumpkin carving, cool costumes, weapon skins, new recipes, candy corn nodes, costume brawl and of course the scavenger hunt.

I went to Lion’s Arch with a low level character and was doing some of the vistas there. I must say it looks fantastic with all the Halloween decorations. I can’t wait for the next act!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: eternistarr.6304

eternistarr.6304

The world is beautiful guys I like the art direction for the event. Cant wait to see what the mad king has in store

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Acebandage.7236

Acebandage.7236

Loving the game and the Halloween update! Love mining the candy corn nodes and searching for the doors. Thanks for the update and appreciate how you’ve rolled this out without spilling the beans on all the details ahead of time. Looking forward to part 2!

Best regards,
AB

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: michaeljhuman.3940

michaeljhuman.3940

Halloween stuff cool so far. We worked fairly hard finding all the sites. I am proud that I only kind of cheated by looking at a POI list at one point to confirm or deny a theory. I never did find a ghost on my own…I thought they could have made that a bit easier somehow. The site clues were hard enough to make me think but not so hard I gave up and googled.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BakBakaa.2453

BakBakaa.2453

I spent from the content’s release to about 4-5 am last night (pst) doing nothing but costume brawls tier 11 of 12 (200 time champion). I think the holiday is allot of fun. I really enjoyed the art and decorations as well as the npc interactions for the holiday. This is one of the best holidays I have seen in a VERY long time (and I played wow for 4 years). The mists looks amazing, the event story is not some sub par “carnival game duck shoot”, the costume brawl is not only ridiculously fun and addicting but also a great aesthetic for the festivities.

Very impressed Anet… I cannot wait for the rest.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6163/6167140934_249bd833d5_z.jpg

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BaergusMaximus.6904

BaergusMaximus.6904

Well, completed the first Act and had some keys leftover and played the weapon skin lottery lol. Got the dagger skin on my third chest. Called it a day after that. Thanks ANet!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

I started out being really nervous about this event, thinking the whole thing was about purchasables on the black lion trading company. That was what I got from the forums while at work. I went home and logged in and played and had a blast, I cannot wait to do more tonight when i get home and I cannot wait for the next 3 parts to this event. Good Work Anet! I will more than likely buy that wonderful witches outfit soon =X

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

I have really enjoyed everything so far! I love my witch costume and my minis, the ghost is the best! Costume brawl is a lot of fun! I love riddles and puzzles so the scavenger hunt clues were fun for me, I didn’t cheat!

But the thing I have found to be the most addicting….those doors! I kept telling myself I would go do something else right after this last door. Then in the distance I would see another. Ok, after this door….but look over there, another door!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

This isn’t related to the halloween thing but i honestly love the karma reward for dungeons and the karma jugs

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Yeah, other than the black lion chest fubar it’s been great. But I knew it would be.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I’m really glad to see a positive thread. I think they made a few mistakes, which don’t need to be mentioned again here, but over all, a very fun, very exciting event so far. Thank you guys for all your hard work!

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

Awesome event so far! It really feels like Halloween in-game. My work schedule prevents me from doing much in the way of real-world Halloweeny-stuff, so it usually just passes me by despite being my favorite holiday. This event makes me feel like I’m actually getting to celebrate this year, so thank you for everything!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sovereign.8054

Sovereign.8054

Agree with you Eveningstar, and every other like-minded player. This event is awesome, the detail is better than any other holiday event of other MMO’s I’ve played.

So a big thank you to you Arenanet. I’m sure the vast majority of players love it too.

Leader of ‘Believe’
http://www.believeguild.net

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Darkmind.7516

Darkmind.7516

I want to start out by saying I like the event, I think its very cool, yea BLC ordeal kinda sucks, but that does not take away from the rest of the work done.

I swear it was stickied before.. lol

(edited by Darkmind.7516)

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

It…wasn’t stickied.

That really would be something, though.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

I’d like to join others in thanking ANET for the fabulous work on this event. The art team did a superb job. The events are fun!! I especially like how they have divided the mad king quest into 4 parts; still more things to look forward to….and the candy corn mining nodes were a fun discovery.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Violet.7935

Violet.7935

I’ve been having a blast with this Halloween event. I love the costumes and the costume brawls are a lot of fun. The decorations are absolutely beautiful! Thank you for all your hard work ArenaNet and for bringing us such an awesome holiday event!

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zilvarael.2301

Zilvarael.2301

Lol, I need to start putting more time into this. Sounds like some awesome stuff so far! I played a few hours the other night and have since been debating getting the halloween staff for my necromancer. However she is still a low level, blah blah blah… Still Gonna have fun

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lady Vireo.5189

Lady Vireo.5189

Anet, please also accept my thanks for a fantastic holiday and a beautiful game! All your years of hard work and long nights at the office really show. My whole experience with Guild Wars 2 has just been spectacular so far, including Halloween.

Ever since Factions release, I’ve been playing Guild Wars and soaking up the spirit of fun that in-game holidays bring. It’s amazing that through all the stressful events of my life over the past 6 years, something as simple as a video game holiday would provide so much joy and become a part of my real holiday experience. My mom and I (her adult daughter) are both gamers, and Guild Wars festivals have become one of the things we enjoy sharing during holidays.

We knew Guild Wars 2 holidays would take this to a whole new level, and we have not been disappointed. We spent the evening yesterday going on a carving pumpkin scavenger hunt all across Lion’s Arch, Shaemoor, and beyond for some “quality family time”. XD

I also want to thank the OP for starting this thread and providing a place for us to share our positive thoughts with Anet and express our thanks. I think the point made in some of the posts here about the happy players not being as vocal is valid—we are off enjoying the game, while people who are not happy are making their voices heard. So it’s great to have a chance to sound off and say how delighted we are with our GW2 experience.

I have also been disappointed in the community for the negative attitude here on the forums and on map chat on my server. I hardly read the forums anymore, but took a chance and stopped in today—and found this thread! Thanks everyone for your great attitude and for recognizing this fest isn’t about making money or getting loot…it’s about having a great experience. You’ve all made my day. ^^

A Dev has spoken:Cantha is definitely not cut from the game
Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

(edited by Lady Vireo.5189)

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I’m so glad this thread exists. Thanks very much from me too, everyone at ANet!

My favourite part so far is the Mad Memoires quests. It gives some interesting (and suitably disturbing) background for the Mad King, and gives us a nice Halloween-themed change from the normal gameplay. I can’t wait to see more in future acts!

I also love how Lion’s Arch looks decorated. It’s fun to run around in my Halloween costume with one of my new spooky minis trailing behind me. The ghost mini is particularly well designed and executed in my opinion.

I’m having a lot of fun with this event. Thanks for the good times, dev team! :-)

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Akhet.6527

Akhet.6527

My roommate doesn’t normally get hyped up over games but this one has her chomping at the bit every day to play. She accosts me the moment I walk in the door demanding that I log on and help her feed her candy corn addiction.

So yes, thank you for an awesome event with super cool art, hilarious activities and the cutest quaggans.

And for plastic spider.

Plastic spider rules everything.

Varien Sundfor
Council Leader of Flux Capacity [FLUX]
Tarnished Coast

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: michaeljhuman.3940

michaeljhuman.3940

This minis are overpriced. Actually, everything on Black Lion seems overpriced. A lot of people make less than 10 bones per hour, and they want 10$ for 750 gems, and 500 gems for the mini kit.

That being said, and I think it needs to be said often, the ghost mini is quite cool. Was thinking of witch outfit, but too expensive.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrDreadful.7014

MrDreadful.7014

I have a thing or two that I wish were a little different, but I’m enjoying myself. I got home from work, logged on, stayed up way too late looking for pumpkins and candy corn nodes before getting to LA then got all but the last step of the scavenger hunt before realizing I had to be back up in 4 hours. Rinse, repeat today!
I even bought the Mad King costume because it just amused me so much.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: cdunning.6815

cdunning.6815

I gotta admit, I was being a bit of a spoiled sport for a while but you know what…THIS EVENT IS AWESOME. i ended up buying the witches costume and i’m loving it. I’ll gamble on a few black lion chests and see what happens, i’m not expecting anything but the basic tonics and upgrades but we shall see. I won’t be able to craft the weapons at this point but I’m buying recipes to make stuff after the event. Thank you Arenanet for this event – it’s great.

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Damarus.5938

Damarus.5938

Just tagging along to give a huge thanks, something I feel we do not do enough getting caught up in our want for some instant gratification Real nice work so far, and real excited to see what is coming in the future acts.

Member of Knights Templar [KT] – http://knights-templar.com

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Temperantia.3207

Temperantia.3207

Act II is awesome… thanks, Anet. I don’t want halloween to end. Should we fail on sunday’s event, will it be halloween forever in Kryta?

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jack Spicer.2416

Jack Spicer.2416

I just wanted to add another thank you to the pile. For all the complaints I’ve heard, I’ve had a great time in the Halloween event so far! I’ve not managed to complete the Clock Tower so far, but been enjoying it, and have got some shiny Halloween items without spending a penny of real money, and I’m looking forward to the rest of the events.

Thanks alot Anet! =D

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sordius.4132

Sordius.4132

Raw Candy Corn is the best! MORE CANDY!!:)

Explorer, harvester and maker

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

Another satisfied player here.

- Clock Tower is the best thing ever! I’m an old school gamer and I like my achievements to be for achieving something challenging not “Reached Level 2! Good Job Timmy!”
- I actually had good luck (I guess) with the BLC/MKCs. I do think there should have been a Halloween related way to get keys though (hopefully it’s coming?).
- The Act 2 mini games are great fun.
- The festive visual changes of all kinds are superb. Anet’s art team is amazing.

My only complaint is that I seem to be broke from compulsively hoarding ToT bags…. I’ve opened ~20,000 and have 6,000+ in the bank. help me….?

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Anet, please also accept my thanks for a fantastic holiday and a beautiful game! All your years of hard work and long nights at the office really show. My whole experience with Guild Wars 2 has just been spectacular so far, including Halloween.

Ever since Factions release, I’ve been playing Guild Wars and soaking up the spirit of fun that in-game holidays bring. It’s amazing that through all the stressful events of my life over the past 6 years, something as simple as a video game holiday would provide so much joy and become a part of my real holiday experience. My mom and I (her adult daughter) are both gamers, and Guild Wars festivals have become one of the things we enjoy sharing during holidays.

We knew Guild Wars 2 holidays would take this to a whole new level, and we have not been disappointed. We spent the evening yesterday going on a carving pumpkin scavenger hunt all across Lion’s Arch, Shaemoor, and beyond for some “quality family time”. XD

I also want to thank the OP for starting this thread and providing a place for us to share our positive thoughts with Anet and express our thanks. I think the point made in some of the posts here about the happy players not being as vocal is valid—we are off enjoying the game, while people who are not happy are making their voices heard. So it’s great to have a chance to sound off and say how delighted we are with our GW2 experience.

I have also been disappointed in the community for the negative attitude here on the forums and on map chat on my server. I hardly read the forums anymore, but took a chance and stopped in today—and found this thread! Thanks everyone for your great attitude and for recognizing this fest isn’t about making money or getting loot…it’s about having a great experience. You’ve all made my day. ^^

You are my new hero (heroine? idk lol) I’m so sick of the negativity on the forums. and I absolutely love your signature, it’s so true!. I too am having a blast with the holiday festivities! I was sad I didn’t get the weapon skins after several tries, but there’s always next year. Sooo much more to do than worry about that anyway. Thank you and everyone else for a positive note here in these gloomy forums :-D

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

A Very Big Thank You!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: aliquis.9180

aliquis.9180

I would like to add my voice to this. The game world is spectacularly beautiful anyway and now with the festive decorations, even more than ever.

My favorite things: pumpkin carving, candy corn mining, trick or treat bags, the labyrinth, and the witch costume.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet