Act 3 Cutscene (more like culledscene)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Yashimata.2986

Yashimata.2986

Did anyone else see spooky smoke from several dramatic angles? After watching other people’s recordings, that was nothing like what I saw. The mad king was culled right out of the entire thing for me.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tora.9164

Tora.9164

Same here, All I got was green smoke some bats and some creepy spirits, which was pretty nice, but doesnt beat seeing the mad king in others videos and pics that are popping up. I have seen a couple others videos that the Mad king was culled as well. That was kind of disappointing. This culling problem is really getting out of hand.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SquirrelKing.8964

SquirrelKing.8964

Yup, happened to me as well. Just assumed it was a problem with my computer.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Twoflower.7031

Twoflower.7031

Yeah, happened to me too. It’s kind of disappointing.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Exploding Acorn.3754

Exploding Acorn.3754

Yep same thing as well.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zarzamora.3261

zarzamora.3261

Same here… It’s not the same watching the scene in youtube.. I was patient and waited to see it in my computer but couldn’t because the game it’s not ready for massive events. Thanks again for a not-so-good work.

in Halloween Event

Yashimata.2986

The worst part is I thought something like this was going to happen so I positioned myself such that I was away from as many players as possible. Apparently not. The crowd in front of the statue when it exploded sure did look neat though!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jest.9276

Jest.9276

Seems like the Mad King pops up out of the portal every now and then (without the cutscene). He’s done it at least once on the overflow server I’m in currently. So you may get another chance to see it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cakoluchiam.6901

Cakoluchiam.6901

Wait what? The Mad King was in the cutscene? I seriously only saw the statute explode and then a zoom on the hole in the piazza.

Gryphonix – 80 Ranger, Blackgate [BBG][EC][FS]

in Halloween Event

Yashimata.2986

Wait what? The Mad King was in the cutscene? I seriously only saw the statute explode and then a zoom on the hole in the piazza.

I know. I thought it was pretty neat until I found out there was supposed to be something happening during those dramatic angles and zooming. Then I was just really sad.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

Caught it here

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Neither I nor my friends saw the Mad King model or the (I assume) Priory voice-overs and the counter-attack forcing the Mad King back into his realm. We only saw everything else. Some of us have some seriously new and beefy systems too, so I don’t think the problem was on our end. We were also in the real Lion’s Arch map (not an overflow) on our server (Tarnished Coast).

Kind of bummed that it didn’t work properly after standing there and waiting for it for over an hour.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

Yeah, I spent the effort of recording the event, uploading it to youtube, so people can comment and tell me how much I failed for recording a BUGGED event.

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Maybe that’s why i found it disapointing, even for a cutscene: I didn’t see anything resembling a Mad King either.

Funny how the dev’s reasoned that you wouldn’t want to see this on Youtube but instead experience it yourself… while for several it seems that it’s actually better to see it on Youtube

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I thought it was pretty funny actually. Everyone waiting around to see the mad king bust out of the fountain but a lot of people only saw some eerie green smoke. I was wondering why we were all so terrified of it…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rekia.1480

Rekia.1480

Well I loaded into Lion’s Arch 10 minutes before the event so I’m not super upset that it didn’t work for me. But I sure am glad some people recorded it, it looks really cool. I had no idea that the Mad King was supposed to be in that hole. Thanks for sharing that video for those of us who missed it!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

And why did people have to be online at a specific time to see this (failed) cutscene? Was it so hard to just play it the first time people log in after the start of Act 3, or the first time they zone into Lion’s Arch?

Arena Net’s decisions are getting harder and harder to understand.

- Al Zheimer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Wait, Tassi remains standing in this video? She ran away in the cutscene i saw (Mad King not visible).

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

the cutscene was based on a timer from the event in LA so it played when that got full

i for one wouldnt want to see it everytime i loaded into LA :/
i feel bad for the ppl who got a buggy scene though its jsut a scene
at least ANet didnt make it so if you werent online you couldnt do the dungeon which counts towards the title

~Caedas~

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cakoluchiam.6901

Cakoluchiam.6901

Oh hey never mind it looks like the cutscene replays sporadically in LA, but with free camera. Thank you ArenaNet for allowing me to experience what I missed the first time around when Blackgate LA was totally packed.

Gryphonix – 80 Ranger, Blackgate [BBG][EC][FS]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: dithoricki.2397

dithoricki.2397

I was able to see the Mad King but my boyfriend (sitting right next to me) did not. Good thing he just had to watch my screen to see what was actually happening.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MysticChic.3502

MysticChic.3502

No mad king popping out for me either, just the green smoke. Too many programming interns and fresh-out developers and not enough well seasoned developers working on some of this stuff.