Any part of the event not Pvp?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Elzariel.8679

Elzariel.8679

I might be the oddball of the bunch in playing MMOs and not liking PvP, but I was wondering if there’s any part of the halloween event that doesn’t require you to fight other players in some form?
I’m fine if there isn’t any like that (its the usual way, I’m used to it), but if there is, I’d like to atleast try it out.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Redamz.5038

Redamz.5038

Besides 2 minigames everything else is pve, what the hell are you talking about?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

Let’s see… Collecting Pages, not PvP. Maze, not PvP. Clocktower, not PvP. There’s 3. There 2 mini games are hella fun and I wouldn’t really consider them to be PvP. I do dislike the one with the conversion gameplay, slightly, but only because the map is so freaking big and I rarely get the chance to find anyone.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Elzariel.8679

Elzariel.8679

Thanks for the info Artorous, I’ll keep an eye out for those.

Red, PVE is a type of PVP. I apologize if I was unclear on what I meant.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

You can find all, but the pages, from going into the Haunted Doors. Even if you don’t like PvP I would still tell you to try them all out. You can be one of the pumpkin collectors that summon all the skeletons for your team to claim the victory.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Taurethion.7302

Taurethion.7302

There is the quest for book pieces, parts 1 and 2 are in. If you are lower level, you will likely need help with part two. There is also a maze accessible through doors in Queensdale. There is pumpkin carving, which has an achievement though no rewards besides the amusement of watching the face appear. Technically, there is a jumping puzzle also, but there are numerous reports of people griefing others, so whether you’d consider that fighting other players…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

There is pumpkin carving, which has an achievement though no rewards besides the amusement of watching the face appear.

You get a title (Master Carver) for completing it.

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Redamz.5038

Redamz.5038

pvp = player vs player
pve = player vs environment

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mystfit.8309

Mystfit.8309

I tried the two pvp mini-games (rumbler and lunatic) and as far as PV goes, ti was fairly tame. THere wasn’t any taunting or griefing. Just people running around trying ti kill each other which isn’t much different form what the mobs try to do to me
And no one laughed when I died kitteny deaths

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

There are also the selection of DE’s associated with the 2 PVE Meta Events in Gendarren Fields and Kessex Hills that everyone keeps forgetting about.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AveryFarman.2973

AveryFarman.2973

I might be the oddball of the bunch in playing MMOs and not liking PvP, but I was wondering if there’s any part of the halloween event that doesn’t require you to fight other players in some form?
I’m fine if there isn’t any like that (its the usual way, I’m used to it), but if there is, I’d like to atleast try it out.

I’m with you – I tend to avoid PvP in MMOs, for several reasons, but there are parts of this holiday event that don’t require PvP combat.

• The mini-quest to complete the “Mad Memories” item
  • Carving 150 pumpkins
  • Eating 150 candy corn
  • Opening 100 Trick or Treat bags
  • Opening Haunted Doors, placed randomly throughout the various starting maps, and fighting holiday NPCs
  • Participating in PvE dynamic events (used to enable passage to the Mad King’s Labyrinth)

Avoid the Lunatic Inquisition and Reaver’s Rumble events, and while the clock tower jumping puzzle isn’t PvP, it’s hours of tedium unless you’re a console gamer.

Why this event became more, rather than less, difficult than day-to-day events already in the game is beyond me.

(edited by AveryFarman.2973)