Are the doors all gone??? [Merged]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

So I haven’t been able to play until today, and I was really looking forward to trying the clocktower… Yet when I went outside to gendarran fields there were no doors leading to the mad kings realm.. Please tell me this is just temporary T_T

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

Its probably because the event to activate them hasnt been done yet, you should try queensdale as the event there gets done with frequency and the doors are almost always up, if they are you should see pumpkins in the map signalling a door there

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Malaprop.1794

Malaprop.1794

Depends on the server. The doorways seem to have been gone for awhile now on Borlis Pass. Haven’t seen them since yesterday.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

Haunted Doors are the only way into the Mad King Labyrinth and Clock Tower. Normally they are one-way conduits, but ever since Act II started, someone of them have started becoming two-way doors. This anomaly is usually quite temporary and resolves itself in time.

But there are other forces at work this Halloween. Look for special holiday meta events in Queensdale, Kessex Hills, and Gendarren Fields. Once these are completed, a massive blast of spectral energy will cause all the doors in the zone will swing open and remain open for a long time. After about an hour, that energy will finally deplete, and the events will have to repeated again.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

Translation of Tony: Gotta do the events in the area in order to re-open the doors.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: migu.3597

migu.3597

Thanks for your comment AnthonyOrdon.
The only problem is that, at least in Gunnar’s Hold, the Queensdale event was stuck, so no doors.
In Kessex Hills I suppose it was the same, as there were no doors or events.
And in Gendarran Fields, even controlling the 3 sites we have to defend, the doors wouldn’t cause them to open…
So could you please check it out?
Thanks!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Thank you for the clarification AnthonyOrdon ^^ My server will keep trying

We’ve completed the Queensdale events 6 times now though XD

(edited by Latorn.4209)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Caprila.4951

Caprila.4951

Same for Whiteside Ridge :/

Completed meta events, waited…. no doors.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tenicord.9803

Tenicord.9803

The doors are all over you will see pumpkins on your min map, those are the locations that will take you to the mad king realm. The door is now here the meta event ends.

“Our Time Is Now”
Waylon- lvl 80 Guardian
Trism – lvl 80 Engineer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Malaprop.1794

Malaprop.1794

Tenicord, that only happens if the meta event ends. Maybe I’m wrong here but on Borlis Pass, for example, I’m it seems like I’m watching the first stage of the event in Gendarran Fields by Traveler’s Vale complete time after time but it never moves on to the next stage at Lawlen Ponds.

(edited by Malaprop.1794)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

I’m looking into some potential blocking issues with the events right now. If you think your world is having an issue your best bet is to:

1) Report it here. Make sure you tell me what world it was so I can see it and possibly get it fixed.
2) Try one of other maps
3) Trick or treat at a normal door with a few people. The odds that it will convert to a portal are are about 1 in 10. It stays open for 30 seconds.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrMaggot.6719

MrMaggot.6719

Pretty sure Fergusson’s Crossing is having this issue. Not positive but me and bunch of other people have been trying to get them open with no luck.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Recon.4826

Recon.4826

Northern Shiverpeaks. All 3 zones are looping. Grand Advisor Bidda has been stuck in the water for 2 days.

Nils Thorsen 80 Warrior
Co-Leader Of Old Vets Home

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Resplendency.3419

Resplendency.3419

Northern Shiverpeaks. All 3 zones are looping. Grand Advisor Bidda has been stuck in the water for 2 days.

Was just about to post for our server. Thank you, Recon.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: KronicKilla.8031

KronicKilla.8031

Borlis pass… tried Queensdale and Kessex Hills meta events and still nothing. Also, tried knocking on haunted doors a few times and still got nothing.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Robocawk.7984

Robocawk.7984

On Ferguson’s Crossing, tried going to Queensdale and Kessex Hills but in Queensdale Thiago’s the only meta event that’s appearing. Still looking around Kessex Hills. No luck with the haunted doors, but other people are saying they have been through with some of the haunted doors.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Liraz.8062

Liraz.8062

I’m looking into some potential blocking issues with the events right now. If you think your world is having an issue your best bet is to:

1) Report it here. Make sure you tell me what world it was so I can see it and possibly get it fixed.
2) Try one of other maps
3) Trick or treat at a normal door with a few people. The odds that it will convert to a portal are are about 1 in 10. It stays open for 30 seconds.

Tarnished Coast appears to be afflicted – Gendarran has never once worked during the course of the event, Queensdale’s Scholar Anders is bugged, and no idea about Kessex – it says that the realm is available, but there are no doors.

Firstwatch Irregular Company – RP, Tarnished Coast

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Antinoobian.7259

Antinoobian.7259

Tarnished Coast has the meta-events in a loop too.

Queensdale: You have to protect the two researchers while they study the energy sources, but those two simultaneous events repeat.

Kessex Hills: It says that the portals are reversed, but they aren’t and in addition no events occur.

Gendarran Fields: Repeats between two events, one where you have to intercept some rebels before they get to Grand Adviser Bidda and another where you protect her from more rebels.

In each case no doors leading to the Mad King’s Realm spawn. However at least in Queensdale normal doors spawn as usual, although I haven’t checked the other two zones.

Thanks!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: KronicKilla.8031

KronicKilla.8031

Thank you Investigator Tony!! Was able to get doors in Borlis Pass

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

For those that have bugged events, just keep looking for the haunted doors than randomly spawn across the map. If there’s an orange pumpkin at the top of the door then it will take you to the Mad King Realm.

in Halloween Event

Recon.4826

No word from ANET?

Nils Thorsen 80 Warrior

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Resplendency.3419

Resplendency.3419

No word from ANET?

Northern Shiverpeaks just had their issue fixed. All doors appeared back in Queensdale while I was there. No restart was necessary.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

No word from ANET?

There have been two responses from anet in this thread.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Taurethion.7302

Taurethion.7302

A dev just opened the doors on Tarnished Coast, if you haven’t been able to get in, check and see if they’ve been spawned, I suggest.

in Halloween Event

Recon.4826

No word from ANET?

There have been two responses from anet in this thread.

I meant after my post which was after their post.

Nils Thorsen 80 Warrior

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Liraz.8062

Liraz.8062

A dev just opened the doors on Tarnished Coast, if you haven’t been able to get in, check and see if they’ve been spawned, I suggest.

I just saw some in Queensdale again, so there’s something at least!

Firstwatch Irregular Company – RP, Tarnished Coast

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Telshak.4872

Telshak.4872

Blackgate server doors are bugged still, no spawn after meta, any official word on fixing them?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SirHypnotoad.6549

SirHypnotoad.6549

Teleported in and doors where there… few seconds later doors vanished.

Telported to 2 other kryta zones, doors were also gone. Teleported into lions arch, walked into asura gate to Queensdale, and walked out to Kessex Hills… doors where there?

Hmm?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: migu.3597

migu.3597

2) Try one of other maps

Hi!
None of the meta events seems to finish in Gunnar’s Hold.
Please check it out.
Thanks!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Robocawk.7984

Robocawk.7984

Thanks for fixing the doors in Ferguson’s Crossing!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheGrue.3017

TheGrue.3017

On Piken Square Scholar Anders looks to be bugged (in Queensdale). So, the doors won’t open.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dark Marrek.3180

Dark Marrek.3180

Server Desolation : Event stuck in Queensdale , so the doors are not opening as they should be . Has been stuck for over 12 hours now .

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Wait, what? You can convert a normal door like one in a building into a portal by trick or treating it with a few people?

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Punk Rogue.9856

Punk Rogue.9856

Wait, what? You can convert a normal door like one in a building into a portal by trick or treating it with a few people?

Not a normal door, but one of the trick or treat doors that are appearing in queensdale and the like.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tahna.9860

Tahna.9860

Cant seem to find a portal door on Fort Aspenwood

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Serafina.6785

Serafina.6785

Fix the doors plx! there’s hardly anyone in there anymore and events are nearly impossible to do. Especially when there arent any level 80’s (non upscaled) there :@ The Events to open the doors are bugged! restart the servers or something

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Allyhoo.7608

Allyhoo.7608

Doors on Blackgate are still bugged

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lengleu.6180

Lengleu.6180

All 3 zones (gendarran, queensdale and kessex) are bugged on Desolation so there’s currently no way to enter the mad realm. It has been bugged since at least noon yesterday, so nearly 24h now.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

Gunnar’s Hold, events in Queensdale bugged at 1/3 doors for last 2 days. In Gendarran Fields have run around doing all three events repeatedly without any indication of doors reversing.

Now in Kessex Hills, I have a message on screen ‘The Mad Engineer’ The doors have been reversed… etc but I’m just seeing one ordinary trick or treat door in the area with no access to the Mad King’s Realm. This is the second day now I’ve not been able to get into the realm at all.

I would be really grateful if you could look into this – thanks in advance.

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold

in Halloween Event

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

On Desolation, all those events are stuck. We have ‘scholars’ cowering in fields. Can’t interact with them, nothing to kill, no way to progress the event.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Grauw.5276

Grauw.5276

On the Ring of Fire server the meta events in all areas (Queensdale, Gendarran Fields, Kessex Hills) are bugged, and were for the most part of yesterday. The only way to enter the mad realm has been through the haunted doors.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sanxxx.5126

Sanxxx.5126

Blackgate – In Queensdale, Scholar Detti spawns regularly, the event completes but no doors.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Verone.1063

Verone.1063

One thing you can try to do in Queensdale and other areas is to fail the events. They should return to the previous stage or beginning stage and it might fix it. This fixed it for one of our events, let NPC’s die and and the chain should reset.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Gutthegut.2358

Gutthegut.2358

2) Try one of other maps

Augury Rock since 9h GMT Queensdale (guildy’s say that the two others are blocked too)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Grauw.5276

Grauw.5276

One thing you can try to do in Queensdale and other areas is to fail the events. They should return to the previous stage or beginning stage and it might fix it. This fixed it for one of our events, let NPC’s die and and the chain should reset.

If you can manage to achieve that… it’s hard if not impossible to get every on one line.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

The investigate the doors chain in Queensdale Gunners Hold has been stuck at 1 of 3 for days.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

Blackgate Server has been bugged in Gendarran since the Mad King’s realm began. I have /bug reported it at least 3 times. The event is stuck and never completes the chain.

Also the server instability continues. No way to make a party and be insured one will complete anything, since you are force logged off and the event may have ended, or you may have been “rolled back” to the last time data flowed evenly between the servers.

Pretty disheartening to say the least.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Taikanaru.5746

Taikanaru.5746

I’ve been trying to get in to mad king’s realm for 2 hours now.
First I was in Queensdale, the event was bugged so I tried to get in by the normal doors. I saw a total of 2 pumpkin doors within an hour. Each one disappeared right under my nose.
My friend had been in the realm for the entire hour, came to Queensdale with me and soon after I decided to go to Gendarran Fields, 10 seconds later she got back in the realm from Queensdale.
I stayed in Gendarran and tried to finish the event that triggers them all, but even after an hour it still wasn’t complete. Found 2 pumpkin doors, both disappeared as I was approaching them. Typed /cry and stood still for 5 minutes.

I feel mortified and tortured.

(edited by Taikanaru.5746)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: White Wolf.3291

White Wolf.3291

Gunnar’s Hold server doors are bugged, events don’t start.

“3) Trick or treat at a normal door with a few people. The odds that it will convert to a portal are are about 1 in 10. It stays open for 30 seconds.” – This worked for me a few hours ago, now i already openned more than 25 doors but couldn’t enter…

(edited by White Wolf.3291)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Retro.3479

Retro.3479

Desolation events to open the doors have not been working for 24 hours now. Can you please fix them.