Awesome event, terrible rewards

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

I just can’t believe they made it a solo instance.. makes me want to just go back to the labyrinth, as much of a zergy mess as that was. A solo instance just seems so crazy anti-climactic.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zyava.2430

Zyava.2430

Bunch of spoiled, petulant children.

I hope that for the next big holiday event an Arenanet employee personally comes to your home and kicks you square in the nuts for your event reward.

Then you’d actually have something to complain about.

You either got an exotic or a green and don’t give 2 cents about it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stevoli.8795

Stevoli.8795

Just ran it, you get a ton of XP, a 10 slot bag, and crafting items as the pop-up reward, but there is also a chest at the very bottom. Pulled an exotic and 2 greens, no complaints here.

in Halloween Event

Stevoli.8795

I just can’t believe they made it a solo instance.. makes me want to just go back to the labyrinth, as much of a zergy mess as that was. A solo instance just seems so crazy anti-climactic.

Uh what? I just ran it with 4 other people.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

He takes 10 minutes to deal with so I don’t see how it’s that bad.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shevek.2691

Shevek.2691

It’s not a solo instance. You -can- do it solo, if you’re patient enough, but it’s not a solo instance.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I know people hate that we’re complaining, but you gotta admit this is a bit anti-climactic. Lol =p

They can sometimes drop good stuff though I think.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

10 slot bag is garbage. It should’ve been 15.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Trickyg.8752

Trickyg.8752

I want everything for free and right away!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

+300% max zoom is the best reward EVER.

in Halloween Event

Vzur.7123

Hmm.. must have been bugged for me, then. I was just standing there alone. Waited a while, no one else showed up. Got killed almost right away.. Thought that was how it was supposed to be. Doh, I guess?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: seventhson.6932

seventhson.6932

Yeah i just ran it 3 times in a row now and didn’t get squat, like 3 greens 2 random white bags with nothing in them and some candy corns. I am thrilled there are so many people getting exotics, but once again i am shafted. What a joke. I also noticed DR on my 3rd run, so I think I am done with this. Oh and btw the crappy 10 slot bag is soul-bound and was smaller than all the bags I am currently using……………………..Extremely disappointing.

in Halloween Event

Stevoli.8795

You can do it at any level, you get scaled up to level 80, so a 10 slot bag is pretty nice on a lowbie.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Caleb.9163

Caleb.9163

I have to admit, the reward for killing mad king was disappointing.

getting a 10 slot bag as a reward… eh… I have 10 toons, ranging from level 6-80, and all of them have 10 slot bags or greater. The worst part about the bag is its soul bound, if it were account bound then it might be a little more useful (use it on a future toon).

The chest reward at the bottom wasn’t too bad, I got 3 greens, 5 plastic fangs, and 1 large bone. Went to sell the plastic fangs at Trading Post and its down for maintenance.

I’d think if the bag was going to be soul bound for killing the mad king it would be a bag that most probably don’t have, a 15-20 slot bag.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Hmm.. must have been bugged for me, then. I was just standing there alone. Waited a while, no one else showed up. Got killed almost right away.. Thought that was how it was supposed to be. Doh, I guess?

Did you form a party or enter it alone? If you entered alone and had not partied with anyone, there is your problem.

in Halloween Event

Vzur.7123

Ohhh.. hah I left that behind in Rift, WoW, EverQuest, etc. Dynamic grouping for me, or screw it. Why would they go back to making people form parties the old fashioned way?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

Yup .. all of a sudden we have to group for this event. I don’t know how anyone was even able to solo this without knowing what to expect ahead of time. Maybe they soloed it after having done it once with a group.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

The treasure chest rewards and boss kill rewards are terrible throughout the game. It just hit a boiling point with me on the Mad King.

There is a rare chance to get something good from the chest, but its such absolute luck that it diminishes the triumph of the event.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in Halloween Event

Stevoli.8795

@Vzur @Rosen Myst: Have you guys not done any dungeons at all yet? You have to form up groups for any of them.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

The rewards can’t be that good since this event is only going to be around for a very short while. People are going to miss it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sera.9750

Sera.9750

yeah, I’ll admit I kinda thought you should get something good for the patients of this whole Halloween event, and it being kinda its final act “Per Say” in fighting the mad king himself. I mean…I liked the fight…Cut Scene was fine…but the chest at the end was kinda bleh…from anyone who does dungeons full time knows..chests are just random messes most the time…so I didn’t have a big expectation there. I expected more a rare item of some souvenir value to remember the event…a Bag doesn’t really quantify that IMO.
I just don’t know…I’m 50/50 on the whole thing to be honest….the reward aspect was just a let down kinda…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Creature.4038

Creature.4038

I could not be more happy, I did it solo and when i opened the chest I Arachnophobia dropped. From reading some of the above posts it sounds like you guys missed the chest at the very bottom platform, thats where the goodies can drop

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

Exotics have come out of that chest. Did you guys remember to loot the chest?

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

OHhh having fun on an unique event…. how dare they?

well, please go back to WoW.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tommo.1294

Tommo.1294

Great boss he was awesome, but you need to realise were playing an MMO to progress and get better, since you removed the gear treadmill theres F all to earn, but COME ON 4 greens and some fangs + 10 slot bag… thats my reward for soloing the MK boss?

What? No really… what.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Rewards are fine, multiple people in my guild have gotten exotics on just a few runs, I’m 1/5 on exotics so far on 5 runs.

It’s a fun holiday dungeon, bunch of entitled noobs in here expecting epic loot for every run in a 10 minute dungeon…

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

(edited by Strifey.7215)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

OHhh having fun on an unique event…. how dare they?

well, please go back to WoW.

if every one with the slightest criticism on the game, would ‘go back to WoW’ as being told over and over again… GW2 would lack funds very fast, about at the first expansion box or campaign. Not to mention this all social game would have to merge servers in order not to create ghost towns.

You might be a happier gamer, but rest assured that the developpers do not want them to go back to WoW.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hinoreth.5978

Hinoreth.5978

They are disappointed in the loot but didn’t look around for the chest that drops MORE loot. Hmm.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Peinen.2953

Peinen.2953

People playing this game to attain gear are funny. Guess they didn’t get the whole memo about no gear progression/gear treadmill…..

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sneski.5418

Sneski.5418

I had been praying that the reward might have been one of the skins in soulbound on acquire form, but once again Anet proves that they dont care about us.

Ye indeed. They dont care about us at all by working hard as hell, giving us free events that we can enjoy.

Sorry, but you’re acting like spoiled brat.

nothing is free in this game, sorry but you sound like a naïve brat.
Why are we calling each other ‘brats’ or other insults on a forum? Is it that hard for you to disagree without falling to insult?

2 million copies sold, way over their estimate, and a heavily promoted gem shop, for a game only 2 months old… think we paid for quite a few events by now.

This said: I expected no real reward, and don’t care that much about that part of the discusion going.

Oh there you are again. I’m following this forum from the start so I remember your posts. I was a fan from the entitlement topic too, how it addressed the problem where people with complaints should have the chance.
Now we have an example, so let’s go over this once. We can accept other opinions. We don’t have to accept some of the attitudes here. He is not insulting another poster because he disagrees (I think you know), he is calling him a brat because saying that your dissapointment is a prove that anet doesn’t care about you, is something a brat would say. If you think that’s still no reason for calling him a brat, that’s okay. Just don’t turn it in please stop complaining about the complaining this time.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Calixtus.8617

Calixtus.8617

Ignore the constant Whinging ANET. Most people who are more than happy with the event don’t bother posting their praise and thanks.

The party I was with thought the event was the best Halloween event ever by GW and the rewards were more than fair.

It is obvious that a major event you can repeat will have diminishing returns to stop idiots farming all the time.

Major kudos ANET on a great job well done.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

Rather than you people kittening about not getting the Halloween drops (extremely rare) you actually craft it? Sorry the luck isn’t in your favour

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

So far I’ve gotten a black lion salvage kit, a crafting booster, and a level 76 exotic from 6 runs which take less then 10 minutes each, how exactly is that bad loot?

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Larlik.1532

Larlik.1532

The rewards aren’t set in stone. Someone got an exotic from the chest according to map chap and I got nothing from the chest while a guild mate of mine got some greens. Do another run and try your luck instead of QQing.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

I had been praying that the reward might have been one of the skins in soulbound on acquire form, but once again Anet proves that they dont care about us.

Ye indeed. They dont care about us at all by working hard as hell, giving us free events that we can enjoy.

Sorry, but you’re acting like spoiled brat.

nothing is free in this game, sorry but you sound like a naïve brat.
Why are we calling each other ‘brats’ or other insults on a forum? Is it that hard for you to disagree without falling to insult?

2 million copies sold, way over their estimate, and a heavily promoted gem shop, for a game only 2 months old… think we paid for quite a few events by now.

This said: I expected no real reward, and don’t care that much about that part of the discusion going.

Oh there you are again. I’m following this forum from the start so I remember your posts. I was a fan from the entitlement topic too, how it addressed the problem where people with complaints should have the chance.
Now we have an example, so let’s go over this once. We can accept other opinions. We don’t have to accept some of the attitudes here. He is not insulting another poster because he disagrees (I think you know), he is calling him a brat because saying that your dissapointment is a prove that anet doesn’t care about you, is something a brat would say. If you think that’s still no reason for calling him a brat, that’s okay. Just don’t turn it in please stop complaining about the complaining this time.

I didn’t do any of that.
I said he was naïve thinking anything in this game was free.

And my remark about brats wasn’t about complaining about complaining either. It was about being able to argue about something without falling to insults.
Calling someone a spoilt brat might not be an insult in your book, it is in mine.

Your post adresses absolutely nothing that I actually wrote, but only what you don’t want me to write.
Funny actually.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

The event was super nice , I didnt get lucky on exotics and I feel the rewards should have been better. The FOV update was a nice treat though.

play hard , go pro.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shaileya.7063

Shaileya.7063

I got an upgrade (entirely non-halloween related), and I gave my guildie an upgrade (non-halloween, again). I was pretty happy with that.. though the 10 slot bag was pretty ehh.. I would have been happier with an (Account bound) recipe to make a bigger bag that looked like a halloween bag, personally.

Most people in my guild already have 10-12 slotters on all chars or up. Because of this, I don’t see the bag skin getting a lot of use since it will be replaced so early on, and I would have liked to get to use the bag’s skin.

(edited by Shaileya.7063)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: miniszlan.7092

miniszlan.7092

It makes me sad to see that all MMO people care about these days are the loots. What the heck gives you that self entitlement ? Sure, the rewards are not uber, but the fact that ANET have made such a nice event with the areas and mini games, should be appreciated. I just can’t stand the fact that the majority just hammer the table with their fists demanding “what’s in their right”.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: IV Endu.8920

IV Endu.8920

If you’re playing the events for the rewards, you’re doing it wrong. Sorry to say this but you’re not entitled to anything.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Spekkio.5270

Spekkio.5270

The sheer amount of fanboyism makes me want to vomit. Let me put it in a way that I think people will understand better. First off, let me explain where I’m coming from: my main character has something around 430 hours played and I have 100%ed the map, gotten a legendary, and more. I still play the game a ton and try to make new goals for myself to achieve now that I finished the legendary. I am about the most hardcore fan of GW2 you can possibly get.

The halloween event as a whole has been amazing. I think the clock tower will go up there for one of the coolest things ever done in a game (and the fact that I did it as a male norn guardian in about an hour and a half of attempts!). I cancelled a ton of RL things just to make it on for the Act 3 event which Anet let us know is a “DO NOT MISS” occasion. I didn’t really know what to expect and when the mad king came bursting out of the lion statue, I think I crapped myself. I got a group with my guild and went in to make sure he didn’t come out and start ravaging Lions Arch. We jumped in, ended his existence, and then when the rewards window came up and I saw a 10 slot bag that would be forever sitting in my bank as a reminder that “Man, the halloween event was cool, it’s too bad it only rewarded people who got lucky”

I also had my hopes up too — the clocktower had a guaranteed level 80 exotic as its first time reward. I’ll look at those slippers and think to myself “The clocktower was amazing, it’s nice that they gave out a nice reward for the pain of actually completing it”

So to finalize: It’s an amazing event, has me excited for future content, but it also tempers my expectations that ANet’s philosophy is gambling, which is perfectly fine. Guild Wars 1 always reminded me of Diablo and Diablo’s philosophy is also gambling. It just means that you never get your hopes up for anything and if you do get lucky and score big, be thankful for it since there’s thousands of other people getting screwed over.

Anyways, lets start speculating about what all the new content coming in November is! Since after this event, it’s going to be awesome!… but lets just not talk about the rewards.

Edit: Oh, there still is Act 4, which could have a really fun reward still, so all this complaining could be completely premature.

(edited by Spekkio.5270)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

As someone said, at least skin would b nice , but then again w/e…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

You can get the craftable rare skins from the chest. It’s a rare drop, though.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Angelic.1365

Angelic.1365

I think the 10 slot bag was a really cool reward for a lvl 2 dungeon. Or guild took 4 full parties in (20 people). No one got anything better than a green. Each of us did at least 2 runs. Not complaining, just saying the cool stuff must be really rare.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Extremely picky that they didn’t at least make it a 15 slot bag, or even 12, then I could at least give it to an alt.

I got one of the Halloween skinned weapons from chest though. o3o The Crossing.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: oceansofmars.6894

oceansofmars.6894

Dear spoiled child: Arachnophobia drops as well as other items in his chest.

Aradia Nightshade – IoJ

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ghostwind.4380

Ghostwind.4380

Best reward I got was just enjoying the instance and getting a new desktop pic. Great job on the moon Anet

Attachments:

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

While i didn’t get anything decent so far, i’m pretty happy with my cheap arachnophobia.

If anything, the one who crafted those items (worth more than 100g for the gift and 10g for the recipie) should be the one complaining right now.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

You people do realize that you’re playing an MMO WITH NO MONTHLY FEE…. Right?

You think they’re just going to give the best stuff in the game away for free? How do you expect this game to even survive if you can get awesome loot from a 5 minute quest?

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

You can do it at any level, you get scaled up to level 80, so a 10 slot bag is pretty nice on a lowbie.

10 slot bag costs just under 5s to make. Not a great reward. 15 slot would have been very nice.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

I just pulled some low level twinks though the ini. It was a pain in the kitten and what did I get? Some green plat armour…on my mesmer. And what did the guy get that id nothing 2 exotics on a level 2 char. There is no way there can be a less rewarding feeling. That little kitten didn’t even say thank you.

Blub.