Awesome event, terrible rewards

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Gary Prax.9745

Gary Prax.9745

What happened to ANet being against RNG? I’ve been seeing more RNG in this game than even WoW. Why couldn’t they just make tokens so we can farm and choose which weapons/armor skins we want? I hate doing work and knowing I’m more than likely to walk away with crap loot even in 100%+ magic find gear. It’s only fun for so long before it’s just lame which doesn’t take too long to hit.

/‘’’\/’ ;,,,; ‘\/’’’\

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

If anything, the one who crafted those items (worth more than 100g for the gift and 10g for the recipie) should be the one complaining right now.

I know, right? I feel for these poor kittens.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AlecFair.1270

AlecFair.1270

I don’t mind the loot. Got two greens the first run with the silver and exp. Dont mind 10 slot bag reward. Now if it was a 5 slot bag, then there would be reason for complaining. In my opinion, the fight is fun, I get to jump around epically from platform to platform to kill him, and you can do this run more than once in a day and get multiple chest openings instead of getting it once a day like the labrynth chests. Those who are complaining are just used to getting the good things on a silver platter easily and whine after one run instead of trying it more than once for chances to get better things. Plus you can sell the stuff you get meaning you are actually making some money out of this as well. So this Act is all win and Anet did a great job on it.

Tarnished Coast – Got mah Toast on. :V
Tizzle Mindwrack – Crazy Asura Lore Keeper of [AARM]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

In GW1 there’s always some things that are impossibly rare during events; like Celestial Mini pets. There’s always guaranteed exclusive stuff though, such as festival hats. Same thing for GW2 they just have more items and content. The Gambling BL chest were a bit overdoing it though, but I avoided participating in that.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

Dear spoiled child: Arachnophobia drops as well as other items in his chest.

That wont last. Just look at the Labyrinth nerf. These are not supposed to be from chests as they are craft-able, and cost a lot of gold to make.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

If anything, the one who crafted those items (worth more than 100g for the gift and 10g for the recipie) should be the one complaining right now.

I know, right? I feel for these poor kittens.

Has anyone even done that, yet? Who would dump that much time and effort into making a skin?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

What’s funny is the topic of this thread after seeing that this is the most profitable and rewarding thing to do since the game was released….by a huge margin.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

What’s funny is the topic of this thread after seeing that this is the most profitable and rewarding thing to do since the game was released….by a huge margin.

If you actually have any luck at all because honestly, I’ve done 6 runs (I know hardly A-lot but enough to turn me away from “farming” it) and the BEST thing I got was the silver at the end of the first run.. YAY!

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: belarki.7385

belarki.7385

This was a cool event, I really enjoyed it. Tried it solo first time and failed miserably. Did it first attempt with a group, no hassles. But completely forget to look for a chest at the end and missed it! My own fault haha but I can see how people in my shoes might be disappointed with the reward.

Just a quick question, in the very first phase when I solo'd it my abilities were replaced by a series of emotes during the simon says bit (though I was a bit too slow on the uptake to use them in time). I didn't get that option when in a group, just doors with spawning mobs. Is this working as intended?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

Just a quick question, in the very first phase when I solo'd it my abilities were replaced by a series of emotes during the simon says bit (though I was a bit too slow on the uptake to use them in time). I didn't get that option when in a group, just doors with spawning mobs. Is this working as intended?

Seems to be random. In a group, sometimes you get stuck playing Mad King Says, sometimes you don’t. Sometimes only a part of the party has to do it. Even if everybody has already run it a few times.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

few runs = exotic

I enjoyed the event veeeery much (had fun with Mad King pointless comments lol “salut!” “now dance!” ecc you all smoke nice stuff there )

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shafi.8952

Shafi.8952

Ran the dungeon 8 times, only masterwork items and some tonics from the chest for me, none of the people I was with got any exotic.

I was hoping for some unique skin that other players won’t have access to if they didn’t do the dungeon or don’t pay some large amount of gem. I wouldn’t care even if was not exotic and was just a normal untransmutable accountbound item with worse stat then level 1 starter item. Just something, that I could have shown to people in the future to say I was here in GW2 2012 Halloween and slayed the mad-king.

I can’t show off the 10 slot bag. I can craft bags with more slots so what reason do I have for using an item that can’t be used as a trophy for a memorable victory? It will just take up a bank slot, mocking me for not spending money on gem items.

Oh well, I am happy with the act 2 reward, Mad Memories: Complete Edition. Thank you Arena Net.

Is it possible that people are lying about the exotic drop and are just linking their already owned exotic?
Someone please confirm that the chests actually drops Halloween skinned items.
Gonna run AtM again with my alts. Wish me luck.

Necromancer: Unfinished, Not Broken.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

They drop halloween items. I got an Arachnophia from one.

I ran it like 6 times and got nothing but greens, then got Arachnophobia, gotten a couple other random no name exotics. They also give BLC boosters and drop BL keys too.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Just soloed it on my guardian for my second run through – and got a BL dye pack ( the 7 dyes) from the chest – pretty sweet

Rewards seem fine to me considering it is soloable.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wolfgang.6489

Wolfgang.6489

The rewards for kittening everything in this game are terrible. This shouldn’t even come as a surprise anymore. Chests routinely give out whites and blues that you can’t even use, dungeon loot is only ever useful as vendor trash, even the extremely rare exotic drop is more often than not under level 80 and only going to get salvaged.

Not sure what in the hell Anet’s been thinking, letting the loot system stay like this. It’s kitten, and from what I’ve seen has only succeeded in turning people away from the game.
Oh boy, ten MK runs and you get a level 76 exotic pistol of asskittenery that no one would ever want! kitten that.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

ANet has never really been big on giving good rewards. In GW1 most of the things I got from events were just stuff to sell. People coming from other games probably expect something different but here’s the deal, the event is optional. If you don’t do it the only thing you will really miss out on is a .004% chance of getting a new item skin or an endless tonic. And that’s really kind of a good thing.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wolfgang.6489

Wolfgang.6489

Playing the game in the first place is optional. Is that really a good reason for making all rewards so terrible?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bella.3502

Bella.3502

Did the dungeon around ten times – got a few exotics, some boosters, a couple of unidentified dyes, Black Lion stuff, tonics, Halloween crafting material and a lot of green vendor trash. Guildies with whom I’ve been doing the dungeon got about the same. More than happy about it, considering it takes about 10 minutes to finish the instance.

In addition, killing the Mad King was the most fun thing about this event so far. I’ve had a blast with my guildies on VoIP, we laughed our kitten off when someone failed the jump or was feared of the edge of the platform.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

The chest gives a shot at the craft halloween weapons … i can ask for nothing else.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Croth.6287

Croth.6287

Why don’t you just be grateful for the fact that we are getting exotics as a drop at all (besides superior runes)? Before this, I have never gotten exotic equipment as a drop with about 350 hours of gameplay…i’m wondering if this is part of the loot buff they were talking about…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: High Marshal.2185

High Marshal.2185

I guess all the people wondering about the chest should be told it is on the very bottom level.

Also the emote thing doesn’t seem to do anything if you leave the entrance area and go down the chain to the first area before he gets to that part.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CalvinHobbes.3541

CalvinHobbes.3541

I’ve yet to receive anything even remotely useful. I’m inclined to believe that for whatever reason, A-Net is afraid to have any kind of decent odds on quality rewards. I don’t mind playing for loot but I do mind working for it. I paid $60 for a game, not a job.

“It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy… Let’s go exploring!”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Not sure what in the hell Anet’s been thinking, letting the loot system stay like this. It’s kitten, and from what I’ve seen has only succeeded in turning people away from the game.

That’s a good thing. Players who believe a game can only be fun if they are continually given shiny items, as opposed to having enjoyable experiences, are more suited to other MMORPGs than to GW2. Those who want to have fun, and enjoy the experience instead of just a reward, are very happy with how GW2 is.

I would rather have a fun event in which the experience is its own reward, than a crappy event which gives a lot of shiny stuff in the end.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CalvinHobbes.3541

CalvinHobbes.3541

That’s a good thing. Players who believe a game can only be fun if they are continually given shiny items, as opposed to having enjoyable experiences, are more suited to other MMORPGs than to GW2. Those who want to have fun, and enjoy the experience instead of just a reward, are very happy with how GW2 is.

I would rather have a fun event in which the experience is its own reward, than a crappy event which gives a lot of shiny stuff in the end.

Who says it’s just about rewards. I’m not looking for a constant influx of loot. But what I would like and would sort of expect is that when you actually accomplish something of substance, that you are rewarded appropriately for it. This idea that a quality experience cannot coexist with quality rewards should not be such an outrageous concept.

“It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy… Let’s go exploring!”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: paelen.3821

paelen.3821

I agree. I’d like a reward that my character can actually use. Another deterrent.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: spacemayu.4817

spacemayu.4817

Crap rewards?

Exotics are falling off of trees.

I made 23g instantly.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Waspinator.3906

Waspinator.3906

I found a couple of upgrades for me that should last a bit while leveling, found an exotic, made a whole bunch of coin (at least to my level 45 it is) from just selling what I found and had a good time doing it. I just can’t seem to see the same problems with this event being given out sub par rewards. I feel confident in saying I am not exactly ignorant about getting rewards in MMO’s but I might be missing some key point.