Best event I've ever played!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

Honestly, never seen a gaming company put so much thought into one holiday! Just look at games like WoW, they have a few pumpkins thrown around here and there, and a repeatable dungeon that is just a rehashed version of the same thing. With Halloween in GW2, the environment changes, they added a whole new world, a new dungeon(Not rehashed), a storyline with the lunatic court, jumping puzzle, two minigames that are really fun! I dont see what people are complaining about, other than the BLC chests which I can understand. But this honestly has to be one of the coolest Halloween events I have ever played. Thank you Anet!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sethisapanda.4750

Sethisapanda.4750

I agree completely. The amount of content is seriously bursting at the seams.
I was an active player of GW1 since the release of Nightfall, and I can say with confidence that I wasn’t initially impressed by Guild Wars 2 when it was simply in the conceptualizing stage. However, now that we have seen the release and the awesome events, I have to say that this is quite possibly the best MMO out there.

ANet, keep updating the game like this, and you’ll have a returning GW1 player loyal to GW2 for years to come!

(However, I do agree about the BLCs…nothing we can do about that, though)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I almost didn’t bother posting, because I’m pretty sure no one cares what I think, but I agree. I’m very happy with the event, it seems like ANet went all-out to make it memorable, while most other MMOs I have played usually have something that seems thrown together. This is the opposite of that. I’m having tons of fun, I plan on continuing to have fun for the rest of the week, and I’ll be looking forward to events from ANet in the future.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mortbane.4308

Mortbane.4308

With the error in the middle of it, I expected there would be a lot of people posting RAWRRAWRRAWR, and I would have probably been upset if I was in the middle of the Mad King thing. I feel bad for those people, but I have loved the whole event so far. I haven’t finished the clock tower yet, but I’ve done everything else and have had so much fun! My favorite thing? The 10 slot ToT bag, no kidding! I tried to open it at first not realizing what it was, but then I had a giddy moment. Even if I’d had bags that were more than 10 slot, I’d have tossed one to use this. I’ve also been loving the family-size candy corns in the labyrinth. Not so fond of the lunatic inquest thing. I’m pretty awful at it and end up being the only ghost and being mauled repeatedly by villagers.
Oh, and I love Mad Memories! I was considering getting a backpack, but this is so much cooler. So, people are going to complain, but I’m here as a satisfied GW fanatic saying, "Awesome event! <3 "

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

I know! I was happy that I got a bag thats specific for Halloween. Not to mention the Candy Corn and the rewards from the chest are pretty good for the dungeon. o3o I keep getitng dyes and greens+. Idk I just love the decorations and effort put into making LA and other areas looking spooky.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Starhawk.2958

Starhawk.2958

I have to agree that so far the event has been pretty cool with the effort they’ve put in with the impact the event has had on places like Lion’s Arch and how the area changed. The Clock Tower and some of the events have been really good too. Since this is their first event in GW2 I’ll give em a break with some of the glitches and bugs, hopefully will help the next event to be more polished/refined. Anyway, I’ve still enjoyed it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rekia.1480

Rekia.1480

Honesty the amount of stuff they’ve given us for this event is way more than some DLC I’ve paid money for from other games. All this with no additional cost to us. Of course I did buy some gems to buy something.. not sure if I want the minis, the Mad King costume (which looks a little dumb on a Charr) or the witch costume, so hard to decide.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: maaprid.2168

maaprid.2168

Happy here. I think the people complaining about loot didn’t see the chest at the end.. The only reason I got it was because I was in mumble with my guildies and one person saw it and told us not to zone yet

Love, love, love this event!!! Still waiting to try the clock work tower.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Yes, this is the best event evar. It had 2 flaws that damaged a bit the incredible work put here (not being accurate on how poor the drop rate was from payed chests, which enraged many, and calling everyone at the same place for something that at the end wasn’t so limited), and many times people only remember the flaws, but excluding those 2, it was absolutely perfect. A lot of completly free content with a lot of work behind it.

And we still have to see the finale act!

Bravo a-net.