Best place to farm raw candy corn?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lurch.4793

Lurch.4793

Anybody got a hot tip, as to which zone has the most raw candy corn nodes?

I’m currently roaming around Kessex Hills and Queensdale, and while finding the odd node here an there, I would like to find more sugary mining grounds.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheOnlyOneNL.3821

TheOnlyOneNL.3821

Go to haunted doors, got 250 candy corns in half an hour!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SimianChaos.3219

SimianChaos.3219

You have to find the doors first, I’ve only seen two

in Halloween Event

Posted by: selfdisplaced.5781

selfdisplaced.5781

The doors so far are only in the lower level areas. I’ve seen 2…

1. I opened and all of a sudden 10 other
players ran over and killed everything before I even got one hit on an enemy

2. The other one was stuck open (bugged)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

Simian, when you finish a door and it disappears, look around. 9 out of 10 times you’ll be able to see where it respawned. They also tend to have spawn “clusters” so it doesn’t take too long if you keep watching to figure out where you need to look to find the next spawn when your door is done.

Also, roaming with a pack of “door hunters” helps a lot. Everyone can take advantage of everyone else’s opening a door whether they get a trick or a treat which means one door can net 10-20 mobs/bags.

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheOnlyOneNL.3821

TheOnlyOneNL.3821

You should focus on the bags coming out of the doors, not the mobs!

in Halloween Event

selfdisplaced.5781

What bags? Didn’t see any bags or anything from the door event?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vithaar.8637

Vithaar.8637

There’s lootable bags that spawns out of the door and apear near it. There’s even visual effects appearing.

I’ve gotten 100 doors and and tons of ToT bags just running to the same 3 doors in Gendarren fields last night. ( near the pirates )

EDIT as well as about 500 candy corn from said ToT bags

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Hmm, I opened one door in Queensdale and nothing happened. Door swung open…then it closed. Then it disappeared.

Is there something special I need to do?

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in Halloween Event

Vithaar.8637

Hmm, I opened one door in Queensdale and nothing happened. Door swung open…then it closed. Then it disappeared.

Is there something special I need to do?

no it’s random, sometime there’s monsters, sometimes there’s bags, sometimes there’s nothing

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Gotcha, thanks Vithaar

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in Halloween Event

selfdisplaced.5781

There’s lootable bags that spawns out of the door and apear near it. There’s even visual effects appearing.

I’ve gotten 100 doors and and tons of ToT bags just running to the same 3 doors in Gendarren fields last night. ( near the pirates )

Are they only able to be picked up once or does each player get their own drops?

in Halloween Event

Vithaar.8637

Are they only able to be picked up once or does each player get their own drops?

I see a bunch of players looting the same bag but it does vanish shortly after door disappear

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Boogiepophantom.3041

Boogiepophantom.3041

for raw candy corn i found the best thing to do is mine it from zones with orchi
malacors leap , cursed shore and frostgorge sound will get you more than plenty

in Halloween Event

Posted by: hahawinner.5273

hahawinner.5273

As far as I’ve seen, the doors net you candy corn the quickest, even if all the doors you open all contain monsters and not bags, the monsters even have a high rate of trick-or-treat bags dropping. Got quite a few bags from a wave of spiders coming from the door(I believe it was 8 bags). And yes, join a “door hunting” group, you get TONS more with a door hunting group.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

for raw candy corn i found the best thing to do is mine it from zones with orchi
malacors leap , cursed shore and frostgorge sound will get you more than plenty

the nodes spawn there?

Anyone know some locations for rich corn nodes? I’ve only found one (in southeast corner of Gendarran, in the cave near the Blimm(?) event with the ice elementals)

As far as I’ve seen, the doors net you candy corn the quickest, even if all the doors you open all contain monsters and not bags, the monsters even have a high rate of trick-or-treat bags dropping. Got quite a few bags from a wave of spiders coming from the door(I believe it was 8 bags). And yes, join a “door hunting” group, you get TONS more with a door hunting group.

I must be in a state of perma DR, cause they haven’t been dropping much stuff for me.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zeroaegis.1932

zeroaegis.1932

The zones in Orr have rich nodes all over the place. I found probably 10 rich nodes in Malchor’s Leap and Cursed Shore last night.

Never gotten anything out of any of the doors I went to.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: hahawinner.5273

hahawinner.5273

Oh and I just looked this up, seems like that device you used to complete the Halloween Act 1 event can be used to get you trick-or-treat bags as well.
http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/use-candy-powered-matter-meter-to-get-trick-or-treat-bags/54312/

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

To get a lot of bags, you need to be in a zerg, or something similar. On my server, FS, there’s often a mini-zerg of people camping among 3 doors spawn points in Gendarran Fields, going back and forth at/from these spawn points.

Fact is, if anyone near you opens the door and drops a bag, it’ll be available to you too.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lord Rhett.9360

Lord Rhett.9360

I was wandering around Gendarren Fields the past few days and found a lot of Raw Candy Corn scattered about. The wide, open plains also provided me with a view of several doors all at once. I got a huge load of Candy Corn in a very short amount of time.

Also, the Centaurs seem to drop Trick-or-Treat bags with astounding frequency.

My Little Dolyak: Supply is Magic

in Halloween Event

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I was around a few people last night, and I could swear it wouldn’t let me interact with their bag spawns. Monsters I could hit, if I was fast enough.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

Oh and I just looked this up, seems like that device you used to complete the Halloween Act 1 event can be used to get you trick-or-treat bags as well.
http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/use-candy-powered-matter-meter-to-get-trick-or-treat-bags/54312/

This is true. I find that THIS is the best way to obtain candy corn and crafting mats in general. I have put the location of ToT bags found in the Scavenger Hunt in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/halloween/Halloween-Act-1-Informational-Aid-With-ToT-Locations/first#post525173

Knowledge is power.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

Cursed Shore was pretty good candy corn ore hunting last night. I even found several rich nodes.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arsenica.2105

Arsenica.2105

best place, WvW, like 3 rich nodes just on the corner of the spawn, and ALL of the nodes are candy, havent found any other mat yet. and yes i killed a guy and he dropped candy corn as well, uhm, candy.
and even if not as efficient as other farming places at least is funnier :P