Buy personalized ToT bags, aquire garbage

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

I’ve just spent 800 candy corn on Personalized ToT bags, and after opening hundreds of them, this is what I got: 3 Major runes and not even enough Halloween crafting materials to craft something at the mystic forge ONCE. Not one sigil, not to mention they’re major instead of superior, which means they’re completely useless.

I also got about 3 rolls of toilet paper, 2 rotten eggs and some food buffs. Oh, and to top it off, I got a blue cooking recipe which is already sold for next to nothing at the Lion’s Arch vendor. Really?

Why are these items in the gem shop? Who, in their right mind would pay gems for this?

Candy corn is very cheap at the TP atm, but spending gold for absolutely nothing never feels good.

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Guattanator.1524

Guattanator.1524

As with the Black Lion Chests… it’s a gamble, it’s a lottery it’s not a guaranteed “here is a decent or better/desirable item” I understand sometimes this stuff can be kinda disappointing but it’s random chance. Some people have good luck some have bad luck. They are in the Gem shop because people WILL pay for them rather than farm candy corn or buy them off the TP. I got 2 superior sigil recipes in two back to back bags while I was going for the achievement but someone I talked to didn’t get anything worthwhile from over 200 bags.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: NightShadow.1429

NightShadow.1429

You know that the same drops are found in normal ToT bags (although I heard it’s a lower rate). So you could always farm normal ToT bags and do it that way…. I have close to 1.5k in ToT bags now

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I want those eggs! Nothing better than standing on top of a tower in WvW throwing eggs on your enemies ^^

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sernius Alathar.6538

Sernius Alathar.6538

If it looks like a lockbox scam, smells like a lockbox scam, I think you know where I am going with this.. korean lockbox tactics are dirty and should never be used in a game

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

I have used 1000 candy on PToT which cost me only 1g, which resulted in about 160 bags and my results were similar to yours. Some food, some toilet paper, 2 trash recipes, and some one-use tonics. I guess that’s only fair considering it all cost only 1g..

but what I find really bizzare is that ANet sells these bags for a fortune, to get 160 PToT’s I’d have to pay a lot of cash (don’t remember the price atm but it is like 275 gems for 10 bags?), I think around 50$? Who in their right mind would buy it then, considering how easy they are to get in game, and why would ANet even sell them? I mean wtf? Did their marketing team get high on portobello mushrooms or something? :P

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I haven’t bought any corn, farmed all mine. But I’ve spent a good 800+ myself on bags. I got a lot of crafting mats (well not a lot I have like 20+ of everything). Got all the recipes except the Superior Rune (which is what I am after). I even got recipes from the karma vendors. Which I don’t even know why those are in there. :/

Random is random though. There is still quite a few days left of the event. Maybe we’ll have something that gives us better choices or chances later on. But I honestly don’t know why they even sell them in the gem store. :/ Seems like the most useless thing you can spend gems on at this point.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

Haven’t you people learned yet to never spend money on anything from ArenaNet that has any sort of random element to it yet?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

If it looks like a lockbox scam, smells like a lockbox scam, I think you know where I am going with this.. korean lockbox tactics are dirty and should never be used in a game

You realize the Korean lockbox scam is pay for power and thats what gets people mad right?

Do you also hate Valve for the chests in DOTA2 and TF2?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

Not to rub insult to injury, but you should probably just stick to Scavenger Hunt PToTs as they are free. Then use any excess candy corn to trade for more PToTs. You can currently get 21 PToTs per character per day for a total of 85 through that method. This will save you a lot of gold then just outright buying candy corn and trading. =)

Knowledge is power.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I don’t think the Superior Rune/Sigil recipes drop from the bags. I know I got mine from the Mystic Forge.

Recipe: Superior Sigil of Night or Recipe: Superior Rune of the Mad King:

• 250x Candy Corn
  • 25x Nougat Center
  • 25x Chattering Skulls
  • 25x Plastic Fangs

The thing however is that you won’t know which version you’ll get. I ended up getting the Huntsman version which I have no use for at this time; but would like to get the Artificier or Weaponsmith versions.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

(edited by Ari Kagura.9182)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zaneber.6908

zaneber.6908

In Fact they do, it is just luck. From mining CC and selling to the children for PToT bags, I have Superior Rune of the Mad King (tailor which I have) and Major Sigil of the Night (weaponsmith which I have)recipes dropped.