Casual Crafting of Permanent Halloween Weapons

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

Hey there everybody. I have decided to make a new thread to again help out the GW2 community. This time I will talk about the new weapons. If you enjoy this thread, then take a look at my a Halloween Act 1 thread here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/halloween/Halloween-Act-1-Informational-Aid-With-ToT-Locations/first#post541430

So there has been a lot of negativity going around on the topic of the permanent Halloween Weapons. Casual players feel like they have been left out or have been given an impossible task. I will come out now and say it to you directly:

You can do it at your own pace. (I believe in you! Believe in yourself! )

Yeah. That probably wasn’t convincing enough for you, so let’s take a look at the creation process. In bold are the Halloween event mats that can only be obtained at this time (unless you buy from the TP after the event).

Gift of X (Spiders, Souls, Moon) Recipe
-250 Candy Corn
-40 Elonian Wine
-10 Piles of Crystalline Dust
-100 X Rare Halloween Mat (Chattering Skulls, Plastic Fangs, Nougat Center)

Gift of X (Spiders, Souls, Moon)
-500 Dungeon Tokens (varies for gift)
-250 Orichalcum Ingot
-20 Ectoplasm
-100 Lodestone (varies for gift)

Weapon Craft (Mad Moon, The Crossing, Arachnophobia)
-Gift of X
-Eldritch Scroll
-100 Mystic Coin
-20 Superior Sigil of Night (20 Ori Ingot, 20 Lodestone, 2000 Candy Corn, 20 Ecto)

Let’s see how a casual player would go about obtaining and crafting this weapon. First the Halloween specific items:

Candy Corn: Readily accessible. People are swimming in this stuff.
Rare Halloween Mats: These can be obtained from Halloween mobs, regular ToTs, and Personal Tots. Just from Personal ToTs alone (which you can get 16 per character per day for a total of 80 solely with Act 1 locations) you should be able to get at least half of these.

That is all a casual player needs to obtain during this event for Halloween stuff. If you need help with this, I recommend you see my Informational Aid on Act 1.

And now for the rest of the mats that are non-Halloween and may be obtained at your own pace

Elonian Wine: For a long term goal, 10g could be achieved in a month with casual play. This makes the gift recipe comparable in price to others and I don’t see anything wrong with it at all.
Piles of Crystalline Dust: Cheap on the TP and not that hard to get at all.
Dungeon Tokens: Assuming you are casually playing doing 1 path a day 3 times a week, then this too can be completed in a month.
Orichalcum Ingot: If you make mining the nodes a task on your checklist when you get to play, you can accomplish this within 1.5 to 2 months, assuming you aren’t playing every day.
Ectoplasm: You basically need one successful salavage of a rare 76+ weapon each time you play the game to meet your checklist for the day. This can be easily done within a month or 2.
Eldritch Scroll: You can gain an extra skill point easily each time you play on a lvl 80 character. This can be accomplished within a month or 2.
Mystic Coins: Buy them off the TP or get one each time you play. Gain 20 for completing monthly. This can be casually completed within 2 to 3 months.
——-

So far, all of the above items can be obtained without excessive farming. Sure it may take 2 or 3 months to achieve the gathering of the mats, but this is a long-term goal.
Now let’s take a look at what is currently the limiting factor for most players:

Lodestones. The reason for their high price value is their low availability. The reason for their low availability are the low drops rates in combination with the few mobs that drop certain lodestones. Glacial and Molten lodestones are fairly accessible, while the others are not or currently only made via the mystic forge.

So what is a casual player to do? Simply just wait. We know that additional content updates will come, expanding the world by adding new events, zones, mobs, and dungeons. It is inevitable for these lodestones to drop in price once specific content is released. For example, once we start the fight on Jormag more lvl 80 zones and mobs will be added to the game. This will increase the availability of Corrupted Cores and Corrupted Lodestones, which in turn will lower the price.

So the method to minimize time investment and frustration obtaining these lodestones are to simply wait. Of course if you want the item now with the current pricing and availability, players should expect to pay or play a lot more to get them.

I hope this has been a constructive response. Do remember the GW2 works around a different philosophy then other MMOs. If you work with their philosophy, then the game is quite enjoyable and entertaining. Making a long-term goal into a short-term goal will naturally make it a grind.

Knowledge is power.

(edited by BowmasterSol.3457)

in Halloween Event

BowmasterSol.3457

Replace 100 X Rare Halloween Mat and “Lodestone” with the appropriate item based on your weapons:

The Crossing staff
Gift of Souls Recipe: 100 Nougat Center
Gift of Souls: 100 Crystal Lodestone

Arachnophobia shortbow
Gift of Spiders Recipe: 100 Plastic Fangs
Gift of Spiders: 100 Destroyer Lodestones

Mad Moon shield
Gift of the Moon recipe: 100 Clattering Skulls
Gift of the Moon: 100 Corrupted Lodestones

Superior Sigil of Night: 1 Onyx/Charged/Glacial Lodestone (You don’t need all three to make one. Rather, you are given three different ways to make this sigil.)

Mad King Chest: You can craft a Mad King Chest in the mystic forge using 1 Candy Corn, 6 Mystery Tonics, and 2 Boosters. These have a high chance of giving you decent quantities of Candy Corn and rare Halloween mats. I purposely did not include this in my original post, because I didn’t want to influence gem shop purchase of BLC keys. However, the possibility is there so perform and buy at your own risk.

Reserving this space in case I need to put information at the top of this thread. If you feel like this post was very helpful, feel free to respond. I wouldn’t want such information to be lost in obscurity (or under mounds of emotionally driven threads).

Knowledge is power.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: haemophage.4325

haemophage.4325

Fantastic, now i can turn up to the xmas party in halloween gear.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Great post, Sol. I was assuming I would never be able to afford these.

For what to wear to the Halloween event itself, I’m making use of the special tonics (and, if I want to show off the weapons, I’ll make use of the temp skins).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

LOL Haemophage! That really made me laugh.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Great post, thank you. And i totally agree, they basically introduced new legendaries and i don’t see a problem here, considering how very well done those skins r. Having long term goal is fine, i think.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Rare Halloween Mats: Just from Personal ToTs alone (which you can get 16 per character per day for a total of 80)

Absolutely false. I got a lot of them even from normal tot dropped by huntin ghosts popping outside doors, and tot from mining points.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

Rare Halloween Mats: Just from Personal ToTs alone (which you can get 16 per character per day for a total of 80)

Absolutely false. I got a lot of them even from normal tot dropped by huntin ghosts popping outside doors, and tot from mining points.

Not false. He said Personal ToTs. Those are a different animal.

When you factor in the regular ToTs, it only gets easier.

EDIT: Oh, I see how you misread that. He didn’t mean they come just from personal ToTs. He meant just using personal alone gets you half-way.

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Absolutely false again. What you’re referring to is ToT-bag, what he’s referring to is PERSONALISED ToT-bag. They’re different things, the personalised version has a much higher drop rate of the rare crafting materials.

By the way, if you have materials to craft Mad King chests in the mystic forge: these chests are a great source of rare crafting mats as well, often dropping as many as 7 chattering skulls / plastic fangs / nougat centres.

Edit: Reminds me I should refresh more often. XD

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Only the shortbow looks good enough for that amount of resources. The shield and staff isn’t exactly on the same page as the shortbow. This Halloween is very disappointing if you’re not a Thief or Ranger.

in Halloween Event

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Absolutely false again. What you’re referring to is ToT-bag, what he’s referring to is PERSONALISED ToT-bag. They’re different things, the personalised version has a much higher drop rate of the rare crafting materials.

By the way, if you have materials to craft Mad King chests in the mystic forge: these chests are a great source of rare crafting mats as well, often dropping as many as 7 chattering skulls / plastic fangs / nougat centres.

He said rare materials drop ONLY from personalized ToT( not higher chance or lower chance). Which is false. Period.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Halloween Event

BowmasterSol.3457

Lucas – I meant that using personalized ToT as your only source that a casual player can get a decent amount of rare Halloween crafting mats over time. I apologize for the wording and have fixed it. I mentioned other sources as well to avoid future confusion.

Paradox- Added Mad King Chest as a possible method of obtaining Halloween crafting mats. Placed it in the post after, because I purposely didn’t include it for said reasons. I put it there for sake of completeness.

Knowledge is power.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AXLORD.2045

AXLORD.2045

He said rare materials drop ONLY from personalized ToT( not higher chance or lower chance). Which is false. Period.

Please read the sentence once more : “Just from Personal ToTs alone (…) you should be able to get at least half of this in Act 1.”
Which means that using only the daily pToT bags is enough to get half of the rare mats required during Act 1, not that they are the only way to obtain them. Period.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

Lucas – I meant that using personalized ToT as your only source that a casual player can get a decent amount of rare Halloween crafting mats over time. I apologize for the wording and have fixed it. I mentioned other sources as well to avoid future confusion.

Paradox- Added Mad King Chest as a possible method of obtaining Halloween crafting mats. Placed it in the post after, because I purposely didn’t include it for said reasons. I put it there for sake of completeness.

Your original wording was fine. The word “alone” at the end of the sentence made the meaning of the sentence clear, that using just that method alone would grant many of the needed materials.

Reading comprehension needs to be taught it schools more rigorously. =)

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

in Halloween Event

BowmasterSol.3457

I added weapon specific creation info in the secondary post. I realized that I was talking about creation generally, but players may want specifics.

Knowledge is power.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

Thanks for this post, that is very helpful. I might still decide not to aim for a weapon skin, but atleast I can now make a better informed choice and know what materials to hang on to in case I want to change my mind later.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

-20 Superior Sigil of Night (20 Ori Ingot, 20 Lodestone, 2000 Candy Corn, 20 Ecto)

So is this bracket mats for 1 superior Sigil of Night or all 20?

Also from your guide you need in total 2250 Candy Corns. Why do people say we need 2500?

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

(edited by Coltz.5617)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Robotsonik.4935

Robotsonik.4935

I’ve actually decided skip the Halloween skins and just sock gold away in preparation for the Wintersday skins that will inevitably come during that holiday. And seeing what the Halloween skins require will give me a good idea of what to save for.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Just in case anyone wants to know, I’ve calculated the price based on this post and based on gw2spidy, total cost of arachnophobia (coz it’s the only one that looks cool imo) is around 167-170g.

Also, how do you get 80 p.tots a day? o.O I know they removed most suspicious locations in LA but you can still get the one from the jumping a day * 5 so that’s 25 bags alone. where do you get the others?

Another question, does anyone know if arachnophobia shoots out spiders with webbing? or, it just looks that, and shoots no particle effects or etc? I know you’d tell me to go to youtube, but I’m in China and youtube is blocked. Would def appreciate any replies :P

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Just in case anyone wants to know, I’ve calculated the price based on this post and based on gw2spidy, total cost of arachnophobia (coz it’s the only one that looks cool imo) is around 167-170g.

Also, how do you get 80 p.tots a day? o.O I know they removed most suspicious locations in LA but you can still get the one from the jumping a day * 5 so that’s 25 bags alone. where do you get the others?

Another question, does anyone know if arachnophobia shoots out spiders with webbing? or, it just looks that, and shoots no particle effects or etc? I know you’d tell me to go to youtube, but I’m in China and youtube is blocked. Would def appreciate any replies :P

Arachnophobia just shoots ordinary arrows.

Youtube is blocked in all of China?!? that’s lame…

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: konggorilla.2643

konggorilla.2643

Wouldn’t you need the recipe for the sigil to craft it?

That would be another 250 Candy corns, 25 nougats, 25 skulls and 25 plastic fangs that you then throw into the mystic forge. Haven’t tried it, but i’ve heard this might give you the major rune instead, or the superior rune of the mad king.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

are we just glossing over the need for 400 crafting skill? How much do I need to just pay someone who has that to do it?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Theory.6879

Theory.6879

Woah the superior sigil of the night requires 2000 candy corn!?

in Halloween Event

BowmasterSol.3457

Coltz- I listed the amount necessary to make all 20 sigils.

Penatbater – Thanks for the estimate. Now people know not to spend 500+ gold like is advertised on the TP. Personally, I haven’t been able to get the 5 ToTs in LA anymore from the Diving Board, but if this is still active then that increases the total from 16 to 21 Personal ToTs per character per day for a grand total of 85 in Act 1. The rest of the locations can be found in my other thread that is linked in my first post. =)

konggorilla – I believe Anet has made it possible to either forge the recipe so that someone can craft directly from their crafting station or just forge the sigil itself via the mystic forge. I will look into this more specifically and update the thread as needed.

Vzur – Again, I believe Anet made it possible to do all this via Mystic Forge but I will list the needed 400 craft skills as needed and update the thread.

Theory- All 20 superior sigils require 2000 candy corn not individually. =)

Knowledge is power.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

OP: Your definition of “casual” is amusing to me.

in Halloween Event

Theory.6879

So if i want to make the bow AND the staff ill need 4000 candy corn so i can make 40 sigils of the night!?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Do you have a pick with the actual recipe/mystic forge results of getting the actual item (not the recipe)? Like the couple of photos in that other large thread (pics were in first couple pages).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Halloween Event

Vzur.7123

I kinda liked The Crossing, but only have about 3 nougat centers, so far. Guess I’m waayyy more casual than I thought

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kmortonson.2154

kmortonson.2154

It doesn’t make much sense to be able to make the Gifts and the Superior Sigils in the Mystic Forge – what would the point of having the crafting recipes be, then? Why would any of us gather the mats and spend the gold to learn the Recipe if we can get the same result without it just by throwing the ingredients into the forge?

So, yeah, you’ll need lvl 400 in either artificier, huntsman or weaponsmith depending on which item you’re going for – and frankly, if you’re going for Archnophobia or The Crossing, also having lvl 400 weaponsmith might not be a bad idea either – the Superior Sigil of the Night for weaponsmiths require Glacial Lodestones, which are MUCH cheaper than Onyx or Charged Lodestones.

in Halloween Event

BowmasterSol.3457

skullmount- I don’t have any pictures myself, but there are some on reddit.

Vzur- I recommend you go to my Halloween Act 1 thread and read about the PToT locations. That’s 85 PToTs a day you could be opening to increase your amount of nougat centers. =)

kmortonson – I only kept the possibility open for the Superior Sigils as I have not personally knew the acquisition of them. After doing some research into it, you are correct in that you can not craft these via mystic forge. With that said, I’m still a little hazy on how to actually get the recipe. I know they have a rare chance to drop from ToTs and PToTs. I also came across a mystic forge recipe on the forums: 250 candy corn + 25 Chattering Skulls + 25 Nougat Centers + 25 Plastic Fangs. Unfortunately, I have heard different things regarding the output of the recipe. Some say it’s solely for Major Sigil of Night recipe, while others say it has a chance to create either major/superior sigil of night recipe.

Knowledge is power.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheRabbit.9478

TheRabbit.9478

Sol, great breakdown. I’m really happy to see someone finally post one of these guides using the correct resources instead of the 250 orichalcum weapon parts that was circulating around.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kmortonson.2154

kmortonson.2154

skullmount- I don’t have any pictures myself, but there are some on reddit.

Vzur- I recommend you go to my Halloween Act 1 thread and read about the PToT locations. That’s 85 PToTs a day you could be opening to increase your amount of nougat centers. =)

kmortonson – I only kept the possibility open for the Superior Sigils as I have not personally knew the acquisition of them. After doing some research into it, you are correct in that you can not craft these via mystic forge. With that said, I’m still a little hazy on how to actually get the recipe. I know they have a rare chance to drop from ToTs and PToTs. I also came across a mystic forge recipe on the forums: 250 candy corn + 25 Chattering Skulls + 25 Nougat Centers + 25 Plastic Fangs. Unfortunately, I have heard different things regarding the output of the recipe. Some say it’s solely for Major Sigil of Night recipe, while others say it has a chance to create either major/superior sigil of night recipe.

Gotcha – btw, thanks for a great thread, especially since there has been some confusion about what materials are needed for the crafting of these weapons.

I’ve seen that mystic forge recipe for the Superior Sigil of the Night on gw2db – but that doesn’t seem to take into account that there are three possible recipes depending on the crafting discipline. I even posted that as the recipe in a different thread and got told that it’s actually random – it could give you recipes, minis, candy… I don’t have the candy corn to spare at the moment to test it out, so I just bought the recipe I wanted on the TP after that.

in Halloween Event

Vzur.7123

I’ve gotten a lot of them, maybe upwards of that many. Even bought a few on the TP. What’s the drop rate on specific ingredients like that? Seems to be about 10-20% for one of them, but if you need a specific one, that’s what, 20% of 20%? So, 4%? 85*0.04=3-4 nougats per 85 bags? Am I calculating this wrong, or is that about 2000 bags for 100 nougats?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Cant you buy them?

I heard the kids sells them , will need to recheck.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

BowmasterSol.3457

Vzur – You have a chance to get 1 to 3 of a rare Halloween crafting mat when opening your ToT bags. I’ve opened around 400 PToTs and have gotten about 55 of each rare mat. Since you’re specifically looking to create only one item, you could either convert the other 2 mats into nougats or sell what you don’t need and buy more nougats off the TP using that money.

Nox – You can buy them from other players off the TP. I don’t think the kids sell the recipes themselves.

Knowledge is power.

in Halloween Event

Theory.6879

Can you please confirm that ill need 4000 candy corn in order to craft 2 superior sigils of the night to make both the bow AND staff weapons? Just so I can start gathering more if necessary haha.

in Halloween Event

BowmasterSol.3457

Theory- You will need 100 candy corn for each superior sigil of night. Since you need 20 sigils for each weapon that will put your total of candy corn up to 4000 for just the sigil creation. There is also 250 candy corn needed per gift. I’m also looking into the actual superior sigil recipe, which may take 250 candy corn as well. This would bring your grand total for 2 weapons somewhere around 4750 candy corn.

Knowledge is power.

in Halloween Event

Theory.6879

Holy candy corn hell! haha. Thank you, I better get started on farming it then haha

in Halloween Event

TheRabbit.9478

Can you please confirm that ill need 4000 candy corn in order to craft 2 superior sigils of the night to make both the bow AND staff weapons? Just so I can start gathering more if necessary haha.

Each superior sigil takes 100 candy corn. Each weapon takes 20 sigils.

(edited by TheRabbit.9478)

in Halloween Event

Theory.6879

So its 200 per sigil and not 100?

So essentially 8000 candy corn to make 2 weapons?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nephlm.4678

nephlm.4678

The RNGs to get the superior Sigil of Night cost resources that are needed for each spin (candy corn for pToT bags (very small chance), or candy corn and each rare crafting mat in the mystic forge for decent chance). For any reasonable chance of a casual having the resources they need they will have to buy the recipe off the TP. Current cost is 75s-1g.

This assumes they aren’t just lucky and one dropped from a free pToT. A casual should expect to drop about 3g right now, right up front to get the Halloween resources they will need off the tp. They will probably need to augment their own farming with about 1,000 candy corn, and 50 rare mats of their choice.

in Halloween Event

TheRabbit.9478

So its 200 per sigil and not 100?

So essentially 8000 candy corn to make 2 weapons?

Sorry, you’re right it’s 100 candy corn per sigil. I’ll edit my post.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

OP: Your definition of “casual” is amusing to me.

Agree…. Such as shame that he considers that level of play casual. I must be a non-existent player then.

Great guide, but for those of us with only a few windows of play time during the week, this = Horrible long grind. Even without the grind, it is quicker making the required gold flipping stuff on the trading post.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

in Halloween Event

Theory.6879

Great, thanks for the clarification! Here’s to saving up 5000 candy corn haha!

in Halloween Event

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Bowmastersol is correct, nearly 5k corns for 2 weapons. Nearly 2500 for 1 weapon

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Razgriz.7319

Razgriz.7319

Great job on the informative post! I may start collecting mats hehe.

~ 80 Elementalist

in Halloween Event

BowmasterSol.3457

Egon – I can understand your position. I have simply provided the necessary information on what goes into crafting this weapon. There was a lot of misunderstanding going around that players had to grind all of the components before the event ends. I wanted to inform the community that this isn’t the case. Only the candy corn and rare Halloween mats need to be obtained. 2500 candy corn seems a lot, but are easily obtained. Also, the price will probably drop to such a degree that by the end of the event you can spend 25s to 1g to buy all of them if you really don’t want to gather them yourselves through the available sources.

Again, I highly recommend players to gather their PToTs from suspicious locations on all their characters. Each “run” takes at most 12 minutes, netting you an average 8 assorted rare Halloween mats per character.

I tried to make it clear that this is meant to be a long-term goal. I also wanted to show that all but one of the non-Halloween mats can be obtained little by little over 2-3 month period with zero grinding and minimal cost. Again, the length of time increases based on how much time you have available, but the major point in this thread is to show that after the gathering of Halloween mats, everything else is at your own pace. If working up to something for a long-term isn’t appealing, then that’s a personal decision. However, I wanted to make it clear that these weapon skins aren’t exclusive to the minority of rich players. They will just get it sooner and spend more gold then you.

Knowledge is power.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Endofwords.6790

Endofwords.6790

it may have been mentioned, but I didn’t notice when i perused the thread, you can trade Candy Corn to the kids for the PToT bags. I’ve gotten a few mats from doing that, i haven’t noticed a limit that you can get from them. If you donate 10 you get 1 bag, 3 bags for 25 pieces of corn, and 8 for 50 pieces. I’ve gotten alot of the yellow mats from doing that since there is candy corn nodes all over the place, hope that helps somebody

Devona’s Rest
Ororodos-80 Mesmer- RED

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

How do you acquire the recipes for the Gifts? Other than the obvious Trading Post. Are they a drop like the Superior Sigil of Night & Superior Rune of the Mad King recipes are?

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

in Halloween Event

BowmasterSol.3457

Braxxis – You craft the recipe in the Mystic forge. The components used to make the recipe are listed in the first post under Gift of X Recipe. They are not obtained via drop.

Knowledge is power.