Clarification on the craftable weapons

in Halloween Event

Posted by: chimecat.9082

chimecat.9082

Can we get a definitive list for the recipes for The Crossing, Arachnophobia, and The Mad Moon?
So far everyone seems agreed on the recipes for the gifts:
-250 candy corn
-10 piles of crystalline dust
- 100 nougats/skulls/fangs
-40 Elonian wine

The gifts seem to be:
-250 orichalcum ingots
-100 x lodestones
-20 globs of ectoplasm
-1 gift of knowledge

For the weapons themselves, I have seen several different recipes. Some say the gift, an ori inscription, and the ancient wood or orichalcum weapon parts.
I’ve also seen: 1 Eldritch Scroll, 100 mystic coins, the gift, and some weapons parts.
Now, someone is saying it includes 20 Superior Sigils of Night. I’ve also seen 2 different reicpes for those sigils, neither of which I can discover with my 400 artificing even though I have the supposed ingredients.
So, can we can a definitive answer on the final weapon recipe; and if sigils of the night are required, a set recipe for that?

Sorry for the long post

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cyric.7485

Cyric.7485

Losers make excuses, winners make it happen.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Great….that’s the recipes for the gifts. The questioner was asking about the weapons, not the gifts…

in Halloween Event

chimecat.9082

@ Cyric, does anyone have a screenshot of the recipe though? Like I said, I’ve seen multiple recipes. That being on the wiki doesn’t make it correct necessarily.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cyric.7485

Cyric.7485

Great….that’s the recipes for the gifts. The questioner was asking about the weapons, not the gifts…

Relax stud, I mistakenly thought the bottom recipes were for the actual items. My bad OP, I misunderstood the information I was presenting to you.

Sorry!

@ Cyric, does anyone have a screenshot of the recipe though? Like I said, I’ve seen multiple recipes. That being on the wiki doesn’t make it correct necessarily.

Not that I know about, the wiki is probably the most “complete” knowledge that’s been amassed so far that I’m aware of.

Losers make excuses, winners make it happen.

in Halloween Event

chimecat.9082

Ok, I can’t edit my post for some reason but now it looks like the recipe for the sigils are: 250 candy corn, 25 skulls, 25 nougats, and 25 fangs. The sigils themselves are: 100 candy corn, 1 glob of ectoplasm, 1 orichalcum ingot, and 1 lodestone depending on the profession. For the weapon, a total of 2500 candy corn.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

What the kitten is that madness amount of mats for those skins?
Why they don’t put anything to make it fun and have to work for it, but over 200g to get one?

I can’t believe my eyes when I saw the complete Recipe, NOT AT ALL.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

are the recipes learnable then you can produce the item or is it one item per recipe?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Actually, seeing the total list of materials needed for 1 weapon, I’m surprised the weapons don’t grant the “equip a legendary item” achievement.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

This seems a lot. So instead of just farming 250 candy corn and 100 of the special crafting item we need now 2500 candy corn(more candy corn because of the sigils) and 25 skulls, 25 nougats and 25 fangs for the recipe?

Getting that skulls, nougats and fangs seems a pain… but fortunately they area buyable at trading post. If you are planning to get such a weapon you probably have enough money ore are planning to farm more money. Should not be a problem.

I know there are customized trick or treat bags at some scan locations that could help here too… but I think its boring to do that.

More fun to explore the world and try to kill mobs. Also there are nodes to farm candy corn. While this is much more to farm it seems more easy… if you play enough – if not the price there is much cheaper than for the other materials.

What I don’t like is the Eldritch Scroll requirement. I want to save my skill points for other stuff. ;-) But then again I don’t think I need that skin. Probably only going for achievements and the recipe but not going to craft the weapon(only to have a bigger recipe list lol).

in Halloween Event

chimecat.9082

@ Illgot, the recipes are learnable. So once you spend the Halloween mats for the gift and sigil recipes, you can make them whenever. Really the only thing seems like way too much for me is the lodestones… but last I checked to buy 100 of the fangs or whatevs is a little under 2G, and will go down in the next few days probably.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

Apparently the “Recipe: Gift of X” items are available in Mad King Chests, now, so the price for those are plummeting. Just buy them off of the TP. It costs 12-ish gold to make them, but I’ve heard they’re going for 3g at the moment.

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30