Clock Tower Bug: Jumping into Clock face hole...or so you thought..

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ryth.6518

Ryth.6518

Jumping into the Clock face hole…or so you thought…

So I take out another toon to do the clock tower and I made it up to the top and to the final jump..and 7+ times I don’t make it…literally screaming at the game going “WTF is going on!?!?”… I had made it earlier multiple times on multiple toons.

On the 8th attempt..someone else is up there with me…and when I see the tower face explode and the hole appear…I jumped…and didn’t make it..AGAIN…but the other person didn’t jump with me.

I get a whisper from the other person that they saw me jump into the wall of the clock tower as it was spinning around and that the clock face wasn’t till another 4 turns..so basically I jumped really early.

My ping was fine…I believe what is happening is some people are getting into a ‘bad’ instance where they are either early or behind the actual ‘time’ of the clock face.

So if you get the top multiple times and can’t make it into the window and you end up at the bottom again..log out of the game and come back in…it worked immediately the next time…made it up and right into the window.

Hopefully Anet can fix this bug..talk about frustrating.

(edited by Ryth.6518)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rainydays.5368

Rainydays.5368

I can confirm this. This happened to me just now. I was going to post this but thankfully you already did.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yep. Latency is a big factor when it comes to making that final jump. What’s more, that guy who whispered you might also have been lagging and when he made the jump, the game thought he was too SLOW.

For me, the key indicator is right at the start when the gears/rubble explode out of the Tower after the brief pause. If the gears flow out from the Tower smoothly, you should be good. If they seem to freeze in mid-air for a split second or just appear suddenly, however, then you’re better off quitting the server and finding another Overflow. You might still be able to make the final jump (I did it once), but it’s exceedingly difficult and will probably just result in frustration.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ryth.6518

Ryth.6518

For me, the key indicator is right at the start when the gears/rubble explode out of the Tower after the brief pause. If the gears flow out from the Tower smoothly, you should be good. If they seem to freeze in mid-air for a split second or just appear suddenly, however, then you’re better off quitting the server and finding another Overflow. .

Zaxares…I’m so glad you posted this…OK that confirms it then. I just wasnt sure if that happened to others.

I had the EXACT same thing…my gear/rubble exploded out and lagged for a split second…and it was like this on all failed attempts.

So that is the definite tell tale sign…If your rubble/gear explodes and staggers or lags, then quit out and find another overflow.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Haltus Kain.4578

Haltus Kain.4578

I did 8 successful runs up the tower... probably a hundred or so failed attempts...

Anywho, one of the failed attempts I ran into something similar - got to the clock face... face blows up, I jump in... then I got the loading screen for the chest room for just a second; but then it resets and i get another loading screen; when it finished, I was back at the bottom with the zerg at the start of another run (not in the waiting room, but the actual puzzle).

Very frustrating, but it only happened once so it was pretty easy to shake off.

Haltus Kain [BGV] – 80 Engineer Mesmer – Tarnished Coast