Clock Tower Camera Glitch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

So, finally got the achievement and my first thought was to come here and post….

Forget the big toons that block your view, wait times or even platform/player detection.

BUT FIX THE CAMERA GLITCH

At the spot where you pause and have to wait just after you start. The platforms have to pop up in front of you before you can jump.

What does my camera do as I make the jump? Pushes up and zooms so far in I end up looking at my Asuran kitten instead of where I’m jumping. It turns into a ‘Leap of Faith’ and I do a series of little jumps and hope that I’m not too far left or right or the skeletons are going to get that piece of kitten I was just telling you about.

Difficulty was fine, but over coming the camera glitch was nothing to do with skill. Please fix.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

With any cation game, the two main things you need are seeing things, and reacting to things.

If the controls are bad, you can’t react properly.
If the camera is bad, you can’t see properly.

I strongly believe the camera issues should be the top priority when it comes to video.

In my case, the camera issues are so bad that half of the time the camera is zoomed all the way to the floor in the Clock Tower.
In Troll’s End, I literally completed it looking at the floors and walls the whole time. I had to follow someone else who didn’t have as many problems with the camera as I did, looking at their feet.

I’d rather have first person, I’ll do just fine if I had first person, as I’ve played many first person action games with jumping puzzles like Portal and Half Life, but without first person and no control over the camera, things are DIRE.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vlayde.8764

Vlayde.8764

Doing this JP as a asura is brutal. I kept leaving/rentering the JP until I found a party with no norns and charrs. It took forever to find a group like that but I was able to finish it.

I can’t tell you how many times I underestimated a jump because a norn’s kitten is covering my entire character.