Clock Tower Groups Need to be SMALLER

in Halloween Event

Posted by: WeLoveKanjimari.6725

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

Or it needs to be a solo instance.

Removed ~ Dalmarus

So let me be constructive: Remove the groups, make it solo.

If you cannot see where you are, you cannot see where you will land.

The kitten thing is beautiful and awesome, but there’s no way this was tested with 4 charr and 2 norns in the way.

In other words, freaking awesome event, awesome jumping puzzle, but I really, sincerely, severely doubt you guys bothered to test it with a group. Please remove the grouping system or make it solo or something, because this is absolutely impossible when you cannot see where your character is. I cannot imagine how the Asura feel.

I know you guys are getting a lot of complaints bout this whole thing but this time it’s definitely justified. There’s no way to SEE. You created a timed, fail-able event that requires being able to see what you’re doing, but you made it in such a way that most of your players are going to be blocked by giant charr.

I’d actually consider suggesting that groups be based on player race. Humans/Sylvari in one group, Charr/Norn in another, and Asura by themselves.

My character is a Human wearing all bright pink. Can you find him?

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

I am at work and thus have not seen this. I am assuming it is the jumping puzzle yes? Why not just visit it when there are not a lot of people doing it? The puzzle won’t disappear.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Pedersenh.4318

Pedersenh.4318

how do u get there even? =p

in Halloween Event

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

Joey, the clock tower is instanced. You are split into small random groups to do it. When every person fails, it starts over.

It is not physically possible to do it without other people being around. The only way that would be possible would be to be the very last person in the game doing it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

At the moment I can’t even start it. I go to the right area, a cut scene starts and then I and my group are constantly falling through the floor into water and can’t move at all.

Only way I’ve found of getting out of it is to exit the game so you start and the begining and run out the exit door before that cut scene starts.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aufero.2893

Aufero.2893

Group size is fine, it’s the camera and movement bugs (and occasional desktop crashes) that are the problem.

Or maybe I just need to try it with a character that isn’t a Norn.

in Halloween Event

Joey.3928

How many people in the instance? I am not understanding the issue. Are people standing on top of each other? Why not have everyone spread out and not together?

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger

in Halloween Event

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Joey, the clock tower is instanced. You are split into small random groups to do it. When every person fails, it starts over.

It is not physically possible to do it without other people being around. The only way that would be possible would be to be the very last person in the game doing it.

What happens to those that did complete it though?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Spongeman.3976

Spongeman.3976

This kinda needs to be looked at. I can’t keep track of myself through the giant Charr and super massive Norns…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rapid.7451

Rapid.7451

How do you get to the klocktower?

in Halloween Event

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

Or maybe I just need to try it with a character that isn’t a Norn.

Yes. There is no problemf or YOU, because you are twice the size of everyone else and thus can SEE yourself.

How many people in the instance? I am not understanding the issue. Are people standing on top of each other? Why not have everyone spread out and not together?

Like, 10. Theya re on each other. It is a race. If you go too slow you die as you go up the tower. So everyone HAS to be on top of each other to make it along the way.

What happens to those that did complete it though?

All players wait in the lobby until everyone fails.

in Halloween Event

skullmount.1758

But do you still get credit? (Whats the reward(s) anyways?)

Darkhaven server

in Halloween Event

Joey.3928

I’m sure it was an oversight on their end then. In some way.

Maybe they want players to cooperate with each other and time it all out so people aren’t on top of each other? But I guess that is difficult with 10 random people.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Borgie.3659

Borgie.3659

I’m having a very hard time doing this as an asura. I pairs with a bunch of human and norns. I am now doing worse now that they are here because I can’t see my character and keep failing easy jumps.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

I agree, I can’t even see where my feet are landing because there are like 15 Charr in my way blocking my view.

So far, it’s an epic fail in terms of design.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cotillion.7435

Cotillion.7435

The difficulty of the jumping puzzle would be FINE if I was alone. The fact that I’m forced to group with random people combined with camera bugs makes it nearly impossible.

in Halloween Event

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

I’m sure it was an oversight on their end then. In some way.

Maybe they want players to cooperate with each other and time it all out so people aren’t on top of each other? But I guess that is difficult with 10 random people.

Okay, you guys, if you go slow, you die.

There is a cloud rising as you go up the tower. You touch it, you die. You cannot “time” anything. It is a race. You must be constantly moving at all times or you will die.

There is no excuse for this. They knew people had to be in close quarters to do this. Hence my assumption that they did not test this with a group. If they had, somebody would’ve noticed this is a huge problem.

(edited by WeLoveKanjimari.6725)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CalvinHobbes.3541

CalvinHobbes.3541

As an Asura I can see nothing but a mob. Faith jumping cannot be what was intended with this jump puzzle.

“It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy… Let’s go exploring!”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: asperbianca.3196

asperbianca.3196

Doing this as an Asuran sucks! I got mad and gave up after trying it 10 times.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

But where is the clock tower, guys? >_>

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CalvinHobbes.3541

CalvinHobbes.3541

Ascalon Settlement Tower in Gendarran Fields

“It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy… Let’s go exploring!”

in Halloween Event

skullmount.1758

Time limit is 90seconds, right?

Darkhaven server

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Riva.3418

Riva.3418

Yes I am also an asura and I cant see my character in this jump event!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Harbinger.1983

Harbinger.1983

Anet Seriously ?? doing this as an Asura is impossible, i just cant see my own char its ridiculous.

I even changed my own color scheme to the more ugly and visible color i could find to somehow be able to find my own char on the midle of the mob.

Can i do this alone please?

On a group full of norns and Chars its just not possible.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Borgie.3659

Borgie.3659

Time limit is 90seconds, right?

It doesn’t work like a normal timer. “clouds” eat the ground as you jump up the pieces swirling around the clock tower.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

What is the benefit of being in a group? Does everyone have to succeed to win? Are there switches multiple people need to hit? Are there things that kill you and require other players to be around to res you from? Is it PvPish or Roller Beetle Race-y and rewards bigger prizes to people that finish fastest?

If it’s time constrained, then its not like you are chatting away with each other. And if its random people each time you cant exactly strategize, meet up on voice chat or adapt to each other. So unless there is some sort of mechanic that encourages it, they might as well be NPCs or nothing at all.

Other than just making it bat-kitten crazy, which goes right along with the theme, has anyone noticed a reason for requiring others?

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in Halloween Event

skullmount.1758

Huh, from the comment (something about 90 seconds) on the song creators page they tweeted (other song, not the specific on tweeted) I took it you only had 90 seconds to do it.

Darkhaven server

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

a simple fix is to transform everyone into plastic spiders or something so we are the same size and not blocking the whole camera

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

Guys srsly? I can’t see a thing when I’m in group with Charrs… for Mad King’s sake do something with that~~

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ribkage.2685

Ribkage.2685

a simple fix is to transform everyone into plastic spiders or something so we are the same size and not blocking the whole camera

Yeah man, and make us all the same color, THATLL HELP! lol

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kippa.5297

kippa.5297

those stupid cubes blocking the way for some jumps …….. really annoying coz when your in a group your basically guessing about where to jump……norns , charr, and skirts all causing issues for the group im in

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wreave.2138

Wreave.2138

The kitten thing is beautiful and awesome, but there’s no way this was tested with 4 charr and 2 norns in the way.

In other words, freaking awesome event, awesome jumping puzzle, but I really, sincerely, severely doubt you guys bothered to test it with a group

This was exactly the problem that struck me about finding the initial ghost in LA — it just didn’t seem to have been tested in a group setting. Nor did someone think about what would happen in a group setting.

This isn’t just a problem with the event — its a problem with the testing approach.

in Halloween Event

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

This isn’t just a problem with the event — its a problem with the testing approach.

Yep. Far as I can tell Anet just simply does not test things with properly sized groups.

Does everyone have to succeed to win? Are there switches multiple people need to hit? Are there things that kill you and require other players to be around to res you from? Is it PvPish or Roller Beetle Race-y and rewards bigger prizes to people that finish fastest?

No, no, no, and no.

There’s literally no reason for groups except to make the entire thing that much more frustrating.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Asura here…

guess i will never ever be able to do this because i’m not even able to get past the first plattforms appearing out of nowhere because i’m not able to find myself between all those bigger chars (aka all of them) and that stupid camera sticking right into the mob when i need it to be even remotely useful…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kirameki.5769

Kirameki.5769

I’m not even an asura (small sized human) and evne I can hardly see myself because alomost every group is full charr/norn and asura…I can’t even see the asura…poor little things…

They should make the groups race based or smaller.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kirameki.5769

Kirameki.5769

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eric.6395

Eric.6395

PLEASE, Fix it!!! It’s annyoing as ….

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nabarue.3290

Nabarue.3290

Anet Seriously ?? doing this as an Asura is impossible, i just cant see my own char its ridiculous.

I even changed my own color scheme to the more ugly and visible color i could find to somehow be able to find my own char on the midle of the mob.

Can i do this alone please?

On a group full of norns and Chars its just not possible.

I also tried this (changing my colors), but to no avail. I keep losing myself in the mix of the taller characters.

I would also like to see this available individually!

Sir Sprocket the Engi/ Kyoryu Silver the Ele
And my Alter-Ego- Kyoryu Gold, Mesmer, Thundering Hero, wielder of the Legendary Meteorlogicus!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

I can’t see kitten with all these fat kitten charr and fat kitten norn >.>

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Healerith.5921

Healerith.5921

Is that all you people do is complain about things? They do not need to redo their content every single time because some people have a problem with some aspect of it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

I’ma do this when everyone is sleeping on a dead server

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Raynh.2480

Raynh.2480

Just tried this about 30 times… every time I have died, its because I couldn’t see what was in front of me. I could learn where things are, if I could SEE them, but as it stands, norn and charr player models ruin this entirely for me. Everybody was saying the same thing, norn and charr models are to big and you can’t see where the hell you are jumping.

Its sad because, its not norn and charr players faults, they don’t deserve to get the brunt of a lot of hatred right now in the jumping puzzle. Eventually people just started leaving the overflow hoping to get one where there was no norn and charr players. This oversight is incredibly negative.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sanarian.9614

Sanarian.9614

They won’t make it smaller. The plan is to make it an “exclusive” achievement so only a few “elite” players have it. It’s that simple and its not going to change. Anything that would make it easier would invalidate the achievement by the “elite” standards, so it will stay that way. A game where grinding isn’t necessary my kitten the only thing to do is grind kitten in this game. -.-

Sanarian [ME] | Thief | Blackgate

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mitsu.5193

Mitsu.5193

I dont know but i alredy has completed this with no real problems.

in Halloween Event

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

Is that all you people do is complain about things? They do not need to redo their content every single time because some people have a problem with some aspect of it.

People wouldn’t have problems with it if it was tested first.

Missing the first basic jumps because a charr or norn is in the way would’ve been discovered immediately if they had tested with groups. So I do not believe that they tested this with charr and norn in groups.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kanaru.4675

Kanaru.4675

Is not THAT difficult, just need patience and try to find a place where no Norn is in ur way.-

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I have a problem if i get into a big group with a couple charrs with skirts. I really can’t see anything..eventaully it dwindles down, but still. :/

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sanarian.9614

Sanarian.9614

It is that difficult. That’s why its not part of the Emissary title. ANet caters to hardcore players, they just hide it well.

Sanarian [ME] | Thief | Blackgate

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aexrael.5918

Aexrael.5918

Tick tock, the mouse went up the clock, with a group of other mice.

The group aspect adds to the difficult rating, and rightfully so. It would be a lot less stressing if there weren’t other players around, most notably giant norn male characters. It adds both a competitive angle, as well as a distraction, they shouldn’t make this a solo instance.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I tried it a bunch of times…and then I succeeded.

You can do it too.

The groups are supposed to make it hard. It’s intentional.