Clock Tower- (Mostly) Private Instance

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

After my 10+ hours of trying for the slippers, I have finally finished it. Proof attached.

First, I apologize for being selfish with this information, but I wished to complete the puzzle before more people found out. There is a way to have a (nearly) private instance of this puzzle. The most people I’ve run with in the past 5 hours of consecutive attempts was 3, including me.

Now, for the good part- getting your own “private” instance. The trick is to get out of overflow. Notice in my screenshot that I am NOT in overflow- this is what clumps everyone together. My guess is that it is because of the how overflow queues work and the way the puzzle works- the beginning sequence ports you into a new instance, so you technically “leave” the clock tower, making you leave the queue. Because of this, your server’s instance (Dragonbrand’s, in my case) is a ghost town while the overflow is overflowing.

What you want to do is get out of the map. I’ve found 2 ways personally, one of which is shown in the attached screenshots. You need a speed boost for this, so any source of swiftness will do.

Once you are out of the map, move away from the event. You will only get teleported into the puzzle instance if you are within a certain distance, so if you do not see the event bar, you will not get teleported. Look at my last screenshot if you are confused- the Clock Tower event is no longer showing up, thus I will not be teleported! Now just wait until you get into your own server’s Clock Tower puzzle, and enjoy the lack of people and reduced lag

If you have already completed the puzzle, please do not use this method. I’m sharing this for all of those who struggled like me, so please be considerate! Thanks!

Edit: Forgive the quality of the screenshots. Windowed Fullscreen doesn’t like taking screenshots apparently.

Attachments:

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

(edited by Richard Nixon.6573)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Solirus.1754

Solirus.1754

That’s very useful and helpful information. I’ve already beaten it (after 15 hours mind you) so if I go again it will be for fun and I won’t bother to do this since it’s not that important to me now.

All that said, wow man, what are your graphics running at and what resolution? That looks atrocious

in Halloween Event

Richard Nixon.6573

Lowest possible settings, otherwise I get <15 fps. It looks fine if you’ve never run it on higher settings though

-My Dragonbrand!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Are you playing this game on a N64?

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in Halloween Event

Richard Nixon.6573

Oh, and also, the screenshots are far worse than my actual graphics. Windowed full screen doesn’t like screenshots, apparently.

-My Dragonbrand!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Are you playing on a toaster? JK :P

I agree that being alone doing the JP is way easier, but once you are more then halfway through the JP there are usually only 0-2 people left mostly so as long you can survive the first few parts it should gets easier.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

in Halloween Event

Richard Nixon.6573

Bump for helpfulness.

-My Dragonbrand!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

I’ve mastered this jumping puzzle and was doing it all day yesterday for fun. Ended up on overflow and by 1am PDT, everyone dropped off except me and the overflow was pretty much my own personal instance. I didn’t need the help, but did find it pretty amazing how much of a difference not having other PCs in the area made on the difficulty of this puzzle. A buddy of mine who was struggling with the puzzle for way too joined me in my “personal” overflow and he was finally able to score his achievement within two or three runs. He knew the route and had the skills, but was struggling with visibility issues (especially when larger character models were on the map).

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi