“You will want to commit suicide.”

“Do not hold us accountable if you are charged for violent crimes in 9 states.”

“You may become alcoholic.”

“This will be the most horrifying moment of your holiday. Happy Halloween.”

Clock Tower should have a disclaimer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: billjenkins.5267

billjenkins.5267

I totally agree, the puzzle is absurd and it has taken all the joy out of the holiday event from me.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

best event ever. Rage and hate made me appreciate it even more apon finishing it. No change needed at all and it made my halloween for this game!

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Halloween Event

Posted by: vxcriss.5689

vxcriss.5689

Same here 4 hours of grief, and I would just skip the thing if I knew 100% that I do NOT need it for the emissary achievement. But I don’t know that for sure, except for some posts on the forum, nobody knows that for sure, there is NO official statement or sticky to tell everyone that.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

It needs a disclaimer that says:

“Warning, this OPTIONAL event is moderately difficult, should you decide to attempt this OPTIONAL challenge to obtain the OPTIONAL achievement/title, be ready to be challenged. Optionally.”

This is the first really fun jumping puzzle in the game.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

“Fun.”

Right. Totally.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Verteiron.8734

Verteiron.8734

This puzzle is an excellent showcase of the camera bugs.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Terazeal.1976

Terazeal.1976

They do warn you. Don’t you pay attention?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Clocktower is brilliant leave it be. Once you beat it ..you will be able to do it again and again.

When things are tough ..and make you rage ..you feel all the more great when you finaly beat it.
Thats how games used to be all those years ago ..its nice to have somthing that gives that slight feeling back ..even if its somthing as small as a JP.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

They do warn you. This JP is the coolest thing I have ever done on this game, its really fun! And difficult!

in Halloween Event

Duke Blackrose.4981

And the inaccurate jump physics.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

And the badly placed collision boxes that do not match the visual models.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

And the badly placed collision boxes.

And how whiney many people are when they are not handed somthing to them on a silver plater

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

in Halloween Event

Posted by: guide.1487

guide.1487

This event reminds me of Super Mario 64 for some reason

Your number one source for Guild Wars 2 Guides and Information:

http://almarsguides.com/

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nirvash.3018

Nirvash.3018

THIS EVENT IS FRIGGIN AWESOME!! Guys its gets really easy after you keep trying. Finished it once and finished it again without failing! Best event ever so fun watching people fall off the puzzle lol

in Halloween Event

Duke Blackrose.4981

And the badly placed collision boxes.

And how whiney many people are when they are not handed somthing to them on a silver plater

I’m sorry, but if you actually think that this is challenging, rather than masochistic and poorly designed, you are insane.

in Halloween Event

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

And pople gloating and smirking at those having issues are not something good either.

The only thing I want is the camera not zooming all the way to first person half the time.
Give me that, and I’ll eventually do the puzzle.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Whiskey Sam.6903

Whiskey Sam.6903

I wouldn’t know if it’s difficult or not considering I can’t see a kittening thing with the dozen Charr and Norns blocking any view of where to jump. Did anyone actually test this beforehand?

Have flask; will travel.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheAccipiter.7694

TheAccipiter.7694

That tower basically made me stop playing, so poorly designed. if we could do it alone, or with fewer people, it would at least be slightly less annoying.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

That tower basically made me stop playing, so poorly designed. if we could do it alone, or with fewer people, it would at least be slightly less annoying.

Its fine as it is lol, most slow people fall off at the start and lets you focus on the hard part after the waiting.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

Guess its a good thing I have zero interest in jumping puzzles :p

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Verteiron.8734

Verteiron.8734

I’m not complaining that it’s hard. I can play Nintendo hard, that’s fine. But I don’t like losing to design issues.

Actually, a bigger problem than the camera zoom is the fact that large characters completely blot out the view of the edges and your character’s position. It’s much easier to do as a giant norn.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

I think its fun. Still haven’t beaten it yet tho. :P

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bobby.3721

Bobby.3721

I just cant get past that part when you make it to the first platform. there not enough time. I don’t know how the hell you people have finished it, because every time i give it an honest go, i continually die at that part. I think the farthest i ever made it past that was at the little flight of stairs you jump up. Probably not going to be getting the emissary of the mad king title just because of this kitten jump challenge

in Halloween Event

Duke Blackrose.4981

After losing solely because I took falling damage + knockdown on the required jump down towards the end…. yes, this puzzle is horribly, horribly designed.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: abstieg.1782

abstieg.1782

This puzzle only reaffirmed my alcoholism.

Though I loved this puzzle. A few frustrating moments because I wasn’t used to my slower speed, but it only took me like 50 tries.

in Halloween Event

MithranArkanere.8957

After losing solely because I took falling damage + knockdown on the required jump down towards the end…. yes, this puzzle is horribly, horribly designed.

This happens to quite some people, sometimes it’s because you are too late and the fog is there already, but many other times you die if you jump instead letting yourself fall in there.
Yes, the extra height from your own jump is what kills you.

All professions have a first tier trait that reduces fall damage…

… all but elementalists.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

Jumping Puzzle has been the best part about this event

Loved it

in Halloween Event

Duke Blackrose.4981

This happens to quite some people, sometimes it’s because you are too late and the fog is there already, but many other times you die if you jump instead letting yourself fall in there.

All professions have a first tier trait that reduces fall damage…

… all but elementalists.

I use the trait. It doesn’t help. The knockdown screws me over.

I’m one of the fastest jumpers in the room and I still have problems with that. It’s a joke.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

I would replace that with “this puzzle will make you hate all norn and charr – as well as the person who had the brilliant idea of making a timed puzzle where characters 4x the size of your own can completely block your view”.

How to murder one’s own content: Test with a solo human, release with 15 charr completely covering the middle of players’ screens.

- Al Zheimer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tora.8610

Tora.8610

While I agree that this jumping puzzle needs a little more leeway in the time/jumping accuracy, there’s a slight trick in the jump down/fall place, you can aim for the 2nd platform (it’ll come out as you fall) instead of the one with the chest to save yourself a li’l time if you know you’re already slightly behind.

This jumping puzzle is also way too punishing on people who’s computers can’t quite load as quickly (dead by the time they “get in”) as well as people who just don’t have quite as much twitch reflexes. I’ve gotten it on 4 characters already, but seriously, there’s almost no leeway except at the very end… if you accidentally get caught on any of the awkward geometry (happens quite a bit to me on this weirdly placed cube near the very beginning right after the blow-out platform) you’re as good as dead. Its just way too fine-tuned. I think it’d be good enough if you just gave people even like 2 seconds more leeway instead of the half~one second it feels like right now near the beginning.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

It actually DOES have a disclaimer. Read the NPC text around the waiting area.

Done it 2 times going to try on my main human war, my sylvari, and my norn for last so i don’t annoy too many peeps.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in Halloween Event

Duke Blackrose.4981

No disclaimer could possibly be disclaimy enough for this EVIL.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aufero.2893

Aufero.2893

Disclaimer: Norns, drink heavily before attempting. (We know you probably will anyway.)

in Halloween Event

Duke Blackrose.4981

I beat it. After 3 hours of frustration and screaming into a pillow.

You couldn’t pay me to do that puzzle again.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rook.3598

Rook.3598

so many complainers…..it’s not bad once you do it once time….however it did take me a while to get it the first time. Made me feel pretty good standing up there looking down.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: krookie.6378

krookie.6378

I don’t mind the puzzle itself. The sheer amount of people doing it is what gets to me. 90% of the time I can’t see my character so I have no idea where I’m running and jumping to.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

When I went in I was with a buncha people who you could tell hadn’ done it before. We all died right off the bat the firs’ time through because none of us knew what was goin’ on … no big deal for me, but that’s all it took ta get a handful ah people whinin’ and cryin’ that it was “bs” and a waste ah time … boo hoo.

Seriously, not gettin’ it in the first try isn’ reason ta cry and if yer doin’ it for the 10th time and it ain’ fun anymore – stop. Ya can always come back an’ try again later … no one said ya had ta do it right now for 3 hours straight – or if someone did tell ya that, those are the people what ya should be ignorin’ anyway.

I haven’ finished it yet … tried about 5 times an’ figured I’d have ta wait until later when there weren’ as many people, so I went and did some of the other stuff … the end. Not a big dramatic story, no cliff hanger, no tragedy … it’s not like yer armor is breakin’ when ya fall. Ya lose a few minutes ah yer life right now … not everyone’s gonna get through – challenges are like that. I might never get through … not gonna blame Anet for that – it’s all on me.

In the immortal words of someone or other “step up or step off an’ let the rest on by”.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I believe with this puzzle we have found the true cause of why King Thorn went mad. lol

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

It already has four disclaimers, you people just don’t talk to the npcs in the clocktower waiting room,