Clock Tower- yes it's annoying BUT

in Halloween Event

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I had lots of trouble with the clock tower spent many many (many) hours on it.
So.
Firstly I want to say that it’s optional.
Secondly it’s very frustrating.
Thirdly that the rewards are probably not worth your time if you are struggling with it like I did.

That being said-
I felt A- net made an excellent challenge for those capable and not capable of completing it. Even though I had such a horrible time trying to do it, it was still awesome to look at. You could tell they put alot of work into this and it was quite visually stunning and fun the first few times. Of course, 20 runs later and you still haven’t finished it, it’s obviously not as fun. But that’s when you just need to sit back and say well, I’m going to give this a break and not get too caught up about it.

Look at it as an experience, like that mad king event we had at 12. It gave lack-luster drops, but hell, it was fun first time round! It was exciting and new, something to entertain. That’s really what it is here. I know it’s 10 achievement points but it’s really not a huge deal if you don’t get them, it is an achievement after all.

My tips if you are struggling and really *really*want this done:

-Watch a youtube video first, it really helps if you know whats going to happen beforehand
-Zone in a few times till you see a group with less people/ norns/charr
-This is a race at the start and the easiest way to get to the top is to run and don’t stop. Use auto-run plus directional keys and space bar, don’t stop running! reason for this is: 1) green goo. 2.) If you can lose the other people at the start early on it becomes alot easier.
- Try a different race. I was on charr initially and it just wasn’t cutting it for me, for some reason it was just so much harder, so I made a human and gave it a go that way. As they say different strokes for different folks. Maybe for some it’s easier on charr, maybe for some easier on human/asura/w/e. Give a different race a go.
- If you are on a big race, (charr, Norn) I found that taking the clothing/armor off made it slightly easier ( and tended to piss people off around you slightly less)

Note of course that you need to be first off the gun at the start, it will make this easier if you keep at the front of the pack. That being said, it can be done if you stop a few times to get your bearings, but if you can do a few runs and work out where all the pieces are, give it a try with auto run to speed yourself up. Also something to add is that, at the start, when all the pieces you can jump on explode out, to gain some extra time, don’t wait for the animation to finish, just jump on them and they will still provide a steady platform giving you just that little extra time. I tend to stand on the large cog when I’m waiting but some prefer the little podium to the side. Reason for me is the podium can mess with camera angle.

Hope this helps somewhat.
-Swiftpaw.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Halloween Event

Posted by: urtv.8791

urtv.8791

i dont find the jump itself hard,what i find hard is that it isnt a solo instance.having other normal sized players block the view is annoying as it is but its very annoying having norns and charrs blocking the view

in Halloween Event

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I agree with you there, for sure the other people in the instance make it just that much more difficult, it would be great if they had an option for solo :P

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lord Awesomeness.1804

Lord Awesomeness.1804

It’s artificially difficult. The real difficulty of the puzzle comes not from the timer or the jumps themselves, but having to cram through that first area with a dozen other people. Once everyone else falls off the puzzle becomes remarkably easy (unless you hit invisible blocks). If the puzzle was solo from the beginning I’m willing to bet a greater number of people would have finished it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mallor.3105

Mallor.3105

I Gotta say, It would be nice is Azura got instanced separately. I don’t know how many times I fell because at some critical moment, a bigger race blocked my view and I jumped to late (or to early)