Posted by: Moriganis.9271

Moriganis.9271

Really enjoyed doing this puzzle and the loot was nice too ^^

Attachments:

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Really – This puzzle is WAY to difficult for a seasonal thing. I have been doing it since the opening, 4 times i reached the 2 beams and them im stuck on what to do. And please dont tell me the same thing ive read up here – i cant figure it out.

So far great event – but this one is way to hard.

This. 5 days is clearly not enough to complete this. This is pretty much the first time I’m raging at gw2. I get up there, but there is just nothing and there isn’t even any space to breath to look around, you get stressed out to figure out quickly what to do next.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bluebird.1890

Bluebird.1890

Please do NOT read the following if you do not want to spoil the puzzle for yourself but here’s what to do at the top:

At the two wood beams at the top jump down on the cogwheel below with the chest on top of it and keep going. At the clock face wait till it shatters and jump in it

Thank you SO much!

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

People are using guild banners for a speed boost and totally messing everyone up.

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eric.6395

Eric.6395

I could not see anything to much players!!!!!

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: WeLoveKanjimari.6725

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

Been trying for two hours.

I could do it just fine if it weren’t for the ENORMOUS CHARR AND NORN IN THE WAY at the start.

Once everyone dies off it’s all on me. But the sheer constant frustration of starting over, having to wait for everyone else, and then dying 10 seconds in because a charr or a norn are in the way and in the room and refuse to get out of the way is absolutely mind-blowingly awful.

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

I’m still not zoning into the tower when I jump into the face, despite waiting for the lighting to zap it and shatter it and making an otherwise perfect jump.

Not sure if something’s bugged or what with it right now.

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: vvp.8512

vvp.8512

“waaahhh we want something skill based for loot instead of rng”
“waaah this is too hard waaghhh could you make it easier”

though honestly the other players blocking your view is super annoying even in normal jumping puzzles

Plainview (80 Engineer) SoR

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Meeghell.4591

Meeghell.4591

I could do it just fine if it weren’t for the ENORMOUS CHARR AND NORN IN THE WAY at the start.

Once everyone dies off it’s all on me. But the sheer constant frustration of starting over, having to wait for everyone else, and then dying 10 seconds in because a charr or a norn are in the way and in the room and refuse to get out of the way is absolutely mind-blowingly awful.

What’s your point? You want Norns and Charrs to just give up their attempt so you could happily do yours?

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ficik.6932

Ficik.6932

It’s all part of the challenge guys

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

So…yeah, still not getting into the tower even though I’m making the final jump. I gave up for now, so I’m not sure what’s going on with it, but it would be nice if people who are actually making the jump would explain what they’re doing to get in instead of posting a picture of their victory.

It’d be nice to know if the event is bugged for certain races/body heights due to how small the hole is or not so if there is a problem, Anet can fix it.

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Guys you get an exotic gear item for doing this of course they aren’t just going to make it really easy to get. It’s a jumping puzzle achievement and it’s doable just not easy.

I much rather get the Halloween title for doing something that took some effort than if everyone could easily get it, it makes it more special.

All I can advice is if you get frustrated, take a break because being frustrated/angry will make you make more mistakes and make it much harder to do.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Foronisus.4138

Foronisus.4138

guys its easy look down there is cog jump on it than way stairs to come than go and you end it by jumping into clock when laser broke it

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tora.8610

Tora.8610

… they really need to do something about the camera getting messed up by characters larger than yours standing on you…

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

A great puzzle and the challenge level is nice. But please, please give us the option to turn off showing other character models! Trying to do it when there are about 3 Norns and Charr each makes it almost impossible since you simply can’t see the platforms.

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sprinks.2437

Sprinks.2437

This was a seriously great jumping puzzle. Thanks for the challenge, ANet!

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnonEMouse.7932

AnonEMouse.7932

I think I can safely say that I detest this kitten puzzle with intense passion..

After 4 dozen attempts, I couldn’t even get past the part where the parts fall out the wall.. Being a Norn toon, I REPEATEDLY kept hitting geometry that wasn’t there, or sliding off blocks that were there (and I had landed on, but the game thought to pitch me off).

On more than one occasion, the camera became completely dissjointed from my character (no longer behind my toon) causing me to fail heavily yet again.

I’ve lucky I still have a working PC, because I was literally “Why!!”, and “WTF!” and “NO!!”, every single attempt…

This is (for me) an exercise in pure refined frustration..

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Ok so for those still stuck.

You reach the double beam. You look down, there is a cog with a chest on it. Jump down to there. Platforms show up. Follow them across or whatever, and youll be on a staircase with nowhere to jump. let the clock tower rotate ONCE and itll explode the next rotation, letting you jump in, this should warp you to inside the clock tower with the achievement and chest.

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tohato.5274

Tohato.5274

I think I can safely say that I detest this kitten puzzle with intense passion..

After 4 dozen attempts, I couldn’t even get past the part where the parts fall out the wall.. Being a Norn toon, I REPEATEDLY kept hitting geometry that wasn’t there, or sliding off blocks that were there (and I had landed on, but the game thought to pitch me off).

On more than one occasion, the camera became completely dissjointed from my character (no longer behind my toon) causing me to fail heavily yet again.

I’ve lucky I still have a working PC, because I was literally “Why!!”, and “WTF!” and “NO!!”, every single attempt…

You could always make a new human char just for this jumping puzzle, since the achievement is account based anyways. Just make sure you select the same armour class profession so you get the right piece when you complete it.

Unless that exotic is soul bound….then don’t do it.

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ficik.6932

Ficik.6932

I guess that all races have same hitboxes, so you can’t hit more than asura with your head, only the “where to step” problem is real, but if you’re playing norn you have to learn that

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sera.9750

Sera.9750

Very much doable.
There is some minor annoyances like character model size in the charr and norn…but the puzzle itself is kinda about practice. Run constantly and make your jumps the first time and keep moving. In my opinion the end is far easier…the middle portion is the hardest…so if you get that down..the end after the “Leap of Faith” is alot easier by comparison in my opinion;)
Gl Everyone! :P

Attachments:

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sprinks.2437

Sprinks.2437

You could always make a new human char just for this jumping puzzle, since the achievement is account based anyways. Just make sure you select the same armour class profession so you get the right piece when you complete it.

Unless that exotic is soul bound….then don’t do it.

It is soul bound.

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Yaso.8510

Yaso.8510

Clock Tower is so much fun, did it with 5 characters, level 80 boots for my level 15 necro :-p
Anybody played Icy Tower?
Clock Tower is driving me crazy when having a flow, can feel my heart beat in my head :-D

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Flindy.7530

Flindy.7530

Perfect challenge. Thank you!!!

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Machina.2489

Machina.2489

Next clocktower should be without light and give everyone a torch =D

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lynx.1352

Lynx.1352

Not worth the time, seriously. :/

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien, President of Anet

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

or if you want to see a video of it.. finally finished it.. I raged so much.. Q_Q

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

Has anyone gotten the other 2 chests on the way up the tower?

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wyrdthane.6801

Wyrdthane.6801

does anyone know how to get the rest of the mad king armor?

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: WeLoveKanjimari.6725

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

What’s your point? You want Norns and Charrs to just give up their attempt so you could happily do yours?

Yeah, actually. They know they’re in the way and they refuse to care. That sucks.

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Ok so i am in the front, i die…

i am in the middle..i die

i am in the back obviously i die.

Please tell me why i get teleported back whatever the position i am in? I never fall, i always land on platforms.

Is this really intended?

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

Fun jumping puzzle, thanks arenanet

Clocktower Bugged?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mike.9451

Mike.9451

Finally got it after 2 hours. There was a stupid giant Norn blocking my view but I did it.

Warning people are griefing the event with speed boosts which can mess you up.

Attachments: