Cosmetic Reward for Clock Tower

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Troglodyte.4876

Troglodyte.4876

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but I felt it was worth discussing— if there’s a thread I missed in my search, please ignore this.

I, like many, spent quite a bit of time on the Clock Tower under the impression that it was required to achieve the “Emissary of the Mad King” title. I’m totally cool with it not being required for that title, but I am somewhat dismayed that there are no prestige rewards at all for this very difficult content, but instead the only value is a pair of very mediocre exotic shoes.

Why is it that there’s a title for Pumpkin Carving, which is just a grind, but not for the hardest part of the event? I love the event and I loved the tower (despite some glitchiness), but it’s very strange that something that people are very proud to complete yields no bragging rights. GW and GW2 are games of prestige-over-power.

To that end, would it be possible for a title or skin to be rewarded to those that complete the tower? My friends are skipping it entirely because it’s simply not worth doing, for power or prestige. I understand if it’s not possible, but the current reward scheme for a test of that difficulty is pretty miserable.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Grim.6415

Grim.6415

Because those that cannot complete the puzzle would complain ever more about the puzzle if there was a halfway decent reward to be had.

Even as it is I see so many threads of people saying they did this for their friends anyways so it still doesn’t mean much for bragging rights.

I know I beat it on my Asura and that’s what matters to me.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

Considering that I saw already people complaining that you could get an achievement for the tower, I think the reward is fine as it is.
The boots are pretty fine, but definitely no “must-have”.

Some thought provoking quote

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

A part of me wants to agree with you about having a better reward, but like the other users have stated, it would cause even more complaints here at the forums.

I know that I completed it a few times on my Norn, and that gives myself bragging rights, and I’ll display those proudly if anybody asks. And when I receive the reward for completing all of the achievements for the Special Event, then hopefully I’ll have some cosmetic reward for it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Troglodyte.4876

Troglodyte.4876

It may cause more complaining, but since when is that a problem? There’s a lot of stuff that I could not obtain in Guild Wars; that’s the whole point behind the “Prestige over Power” model. If everyone could obtain everything it invalidates the entire justification for prestige gear.

There is no way to show off that you completed it at the moment; all I’d like to see is some kind of unique, purely cosmetic indicator that you can show off. I’m proud that I spent the time to do it and in a game that’s about cosmetics and bragging rights, I darn well want to show off things that I’m proud of!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Esturk.2183

Esturk.2183

I would have liked a better reward, but I did get a rune worth 1g so I suppose I’m happy

in Halloween Event

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

What!? Smelly, foot odor-contaminated slippers aren’t good enough for you? You will eat your smelly slippers and like it!

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.