Currently PDT, not PST

Currently PDT, not PST

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrPowell.7695

MrPowell.7695

The west coast is currently on Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). As of this posting, it is about 8am PDT.

There have been a lot of posts saying the Act III starts at Noon Pacific Standard Time (PST). That would be incorrect as the switch from PDT to PST doesn’t happen until November 4th. This would be a problem for our friends outside the States because PST is UTC-8:00 and PDT is UTC-7:00.

I live in Milwaukee on Central Time so for me the event starts at 2:00pm.

Qillin – Wells/Marks build Necromancer (Devona’s Rest)

Dogs love me cuz I’m crazy sniffable.

Currently PDT, not PST

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

:??

I’m not sure to understand. I live in Europe, they have always given time in PST, and we had never missed anything.

Currently PDT, not PST

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Also, they have given the time in GMT (as opposed to GST, which we had until yesterday – at least, we changed the clock last night here in Germany), so it still shouldn’t be a problem to calculate the correct tome for your region.

guessing the event will start at 8 pm in Germany, as we are GMT+1

Polka will never die

Currently PDT, not PST

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrPowell.7695

MrPowell.7695

As of this post, the event starts in 3 hours and 45 minutes.

Qillin – Wells/Marks build Necromancer (Devona’s Rest)

Dogs love me cuz I’m crazy sniffable.

Currently PDT, not PST

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Taiance.6213

Taiance.6213

Sigh,

GMT is a standardised international time. It never has daylight savings. It is always GMT. If your nation uses GMT then its at 7pm for you. if your in a timezone where its GMT+3 then it is at 10pm.

MrPowel has the crux of it (that PDT/PST are not international standards of timing) but by and large its irrelevant as they also post with GMT times now for events (I’m guessing due to pressure from the community)

Currently PDT, not PST

in Halloween Event

Posted by: NightShadow.1429

NightShadow.1429

And PST has always been the time…. I know the I’m PST + 3 which is how I calculate anytime there is event going on. So for my region is starts at 3pm

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Currently PDT, not PST

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

It starts in 3 1/2 hours.

Currently PDT, not PST

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

LOL, way to make everyone nervous that they have the time wrong.

LOL

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

Currently PDT, not PST

in Halloween Event

Posted by: NoahGibbs.5170

NoahGibbs.5170

3 hours exactly until the event, next week we will be back on pst. This topic is irrelevant though because Anet has been saying pacific time not pacific daylight time.