DR on Mad King Dungeon?

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fayte.1803

Fayte.1803

Ok well this is open for debate, I kinda see why this would be in the dungeon but still since there is no token system then there are no real rewards to work towards, anycase to those unfamiliar with DR or Diminished Returns, its basically a system code in the game that prevents players from farming a particular area for loot/drops, when it kicks in your drops/chests are reduced to crap and junk items, me and a bunch of guild mates ran MK dungeon 15-20 times straight, after the first 7 times we all noticed that the boss chest was no longer giving out decent items, there were several cases where we all got the same junk loot. Now can someone from Anet confirm this? If there is DR in the dungeon then I will not run it so many times straight or take a break between runs to give the DR a chance to end.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: seventhson.6932

seventhson.6932

I don’t know if there is a DR on the chest because I have run the dungeon about 10 times over the past 2 days and didn’t get anything good at all which is pretty annoying when i see everyone else getting a bunch of exotics, in fact one of the runs I got a couple of moldy bags. I was trying not to abuse the system like so many others do, considering this though I have no reason to run this event anymore at all. However there is definitely a DR on the personal trick or treat bags and the silver you get on completion.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The DR applies over to other dungeons, too. If you do several 5min MK runs and then do lets say AC you get 1 token only :/

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jaxichael.2590

Jaxichael.2590

Yeah I was getting the 5 ToT bags and the choice of 5 rare mats for dungeon complete, and it dropped to 3 of each :/

Jaxichael, Sylvari Engineer of the Night Cycle

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vancext.5698

Vancext.5698

Super frustrating to only have a limited window to get the event items you want and then being hit with DR code preventing you from getting them. It’s like someone isn’t thinking this through at all.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wendigo.7931

Wendigo.7931

From talking to guild members (which isn’t scientific at all, I know) there does not seem to be DR on the chest. While I got a Halloween themed item on my first run through, most of the other items dropped far later on the sixth, tenth, or twentieth run.

If you’re not getting them, it looks like it’s just because they are rare.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vancext.5698

Vancext.5698

Ah, good to know. If that’s the case then not as much of a big deal — seems like I’ve done an enormous amount of runs for just greens though — and the rares I did get came early.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Pasted this from an earlier reply but it seems relevant:

LameFox.6349

I got that spider bow (and 3 random lvl 78 exotics) amongst seas of greens for farming like… 6 hours? I only had 40% mf from food too. It seems to be very consistent for me… not many blues or whites at all, heaps and heaps of greens, no yellows (ignoring the junk material stuff) and maybe an exotic per two hours or so.

As far as I can tell, not much changes. It seems like the rate of good stuff is really low, but also pretty steady.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Fayte.1803

But even running with 150% MF, you’d think that something would drop, so best bet just to keep repeating the runs? It would be great if Dev could comment and confirm if there is DR on the chest or its just really really rare chance.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Malediktus.9250

Magic find does not help with loot from chests, mystic forge or anything except monster drops. So stop telling people your silly MF value.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

LameFox.6349

One person with us had like 200% the whole time. IIRC they did get some exotics, but just the 78 ones not the 80 halloween themed ones.

I have a feeling the chance for a (good) one is just very low, because the dungeon is so easy, and they didn’t want to flood the market. Consider how few (if any – I haven’t seen one at all) yellow weapons or armour there are. Those aren’t worth that much anyway, but if you could suddenly get loads of them right there in LA, scaled up to 80, it would be a goldmine of ectoplasms and ori. Same with the non-themed exotics.

So if you OD on caffeine and rerun the dungeon until closing time, you’ll probably get rich. If you do it a few hours a day like me, you’ll probably get something. If you manage like 20 runs overall, you might get lucky or just waste a lot of time. Or so it looks to me, anyway.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Fayte.1803

Yeah pretty sure they already confirmed that MF DOES effect drops in chests/bags and Mystic forge, so excuse me while my little MF percentage gets an exotic while you get crap junk.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Malediktus.9250

They didnt confirm anything and I did get exotics with 0% MF. 4 exotics in like 20 runs.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Fayte.1803

Search Magic find on the forums and see the results yourself, Anet never confirmed or debunked it, and people have run personal tests, but since there is no way to see how magic find influences the drops its difficult to get an accurate reading, but everyone comes to the same conclusion, It has an effect on more than just mob drops.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

I stopped bothering to run Mad King after it gave me nothing but garbage 15 times in a row.

Thorned Bags are not worth it (especially since they drop the least desirable crafting materials there are… Thick Leather Sections are only worth 7c each).

I literally have not received anything even remotely decent from that dungeon, save the one-time base reward (which was nice, as it should be given I completed it the first time with just one other person, which was much harder than with a group).

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Fayte.1803

Its not bad, I mean the whole thing only takes 15-20 min, sometimes even faster depending on the group, but those of us that stacked MF were getting exotics from the first 4-5 runs, Mostly the lower leveled classes don’t stack MF in the dungeon…or they shouldn’t…I always just swap my gear just before opening chest.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dicemeister.9340

Dicemeister.9340

I don’t think there is DR on the chest. I have had runs where I get exotics, and then 5 runs where I get greens, and then bam! The next run I get another exotic. It’s just luck and randomness. Keep going and hope for something good! I looted a black lion key, opened my 2nd chest from the entire event, and received the mad moon shield skin! Some are lucky, others aren’t. But once you get lucky just that one time, the runs before were all worth it.

EDIT: I had MF 10% banner, 26% halloween food, 50% booster. No mf gear though

(edited by Dicemeister.9340)

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Fayte.1803

If I get any of the skins except for GS, Im gonna sell them, gratz on Mad moon though.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

LameFox.6349

The majority warrior group was definitely the best of the things I tried. Two of us had all the banners covered, plus another guy besides me with warhorn condition removal, 3-4 sets of ‘shake it off!’ for each scarecrow that insta-died upon spawning and cast fear… lol. We could not get a condition, there was a ridiculous collection of might, fury, swiftness, vigor, regen stacks on everyone, and the slowest part of the whole thing was waiting for him to stop talking and become vulnerable. XD

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

I asked this question yesterday, someone stated that they ran the dungeon with their main many times and only in their very latest runs did they get cool stuff like arachnophobia etc, while others got the crossing on the first few runs.

Personally I ran over 12 hours of the dungeon and got nothing special (still got blc keys, boosters for mkc, gem shop items) while not stellar results its still something and those dropped in the middle to end runs. I would support the idea that changing alts shouldnt matter on the chest and that the chest itself doesnt have DR, the chances are just as they usually are, rare exotics and some get lucky while others dont.

Which is a good thing I guess, would hate to have to run with my alts, boosts to 80 is one thing but the lack of gear and traits makes it very slow

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Fayte.1803

I’ll probably run it like 20 times tonight, its especially fast when you know the shortcut locations, yay suicide jumps! lol

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

I’ll probably run it like 20 times tonight, its especially fast when you know the shortcut locations, yay suicide jumps! lol

I know the shortcuts too but usually my group goes the “normal” and longer path…arriving there on my own is meh, and im not sure if the boss timer starts counting once I start fighting him and might cause him to port up by the time my group arrives :/

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

LameFox.6349

One run, he had teleported back up before he died. I leapt off the second platform, looted the chest like —> <-- far from the ground, died and teleported out. It was amazing.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Fayte.1803

Only saw him teleport back up from the lowest level once, and it was due to someone dying and not dealing the final bit of dmg to him, they ported to the WP and he followed :/

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheRabbit.9478

TheRabbit.9478

He teleports back up to the middle level fairly often if someone in your group is still hanging out there after someone else aggros him on the lowest level.

DR on Mad King Dungeon?

in Halloween Event

LameFox.6349

Mostly it’s because someone falls off and is on their way back. Honestly he’s so easy we never even tried to stop it, it’s not like he heals back up or anything.