Do the halloween events repeat like normal events?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Waveon.5431

Waveon.5431

Pretty much what the topic says. I’ll be sleeping when this starts, be working the whole day, meaning I can only start playing again in about 20 hours. It would really suck if I miss the events because of this.

So yeah, a pretty simple question…. Do the halloween events act like the dynamic event where they repeat after a certain time or conditions so I (and everyone) can enjoy them?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

Pretty much, yes. On the release page, the phases are periods of time and not necessarily specific times. There are, however, instances of things that only occur once and that’s all I’m really going to say about that. You’ll just have to log in and see.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vyndeleron.6471

Vyndeleron.6471

Pretty much, yes. On the release page, the phases are periods of time and not necessarily specific times. There are, however, instances of things that only occur once and that’s all I’m really going to say about that. You’ll just have to log in and see.

ArenaNet seems to be very stubborn on spilling the beans about the Halloween event. :P

(edited by Vyndeleron.6471)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Uriel.4361

Uriel.4361

Wait, you don’t mean they’ll happen only once during the event do you? That would be a terrible design decision. You’d basically be saying we should play 24/7 or miss out.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Wait, you don’t mean they’ll happen only once during the event do you? That would be a terrible design decision. You’d basically be saying we should play 24/7 or miss out.

You’ll know exactly what I’m talking about very soon. More or less.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vengefulreaper.4620

Vengefulreaper.4620

Unless we miss it. :P

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

ArenaNet seems to be very stubborn about spilling the beans about the Halloween event. :P

Don’t worry, I’m sure they’ll happily tell us all of the things that we missed once the event is over. :P

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Foronisus.4138

Foronisus.4138

Guys from my calculation the patch should be on now but it isnt?? pushed back or my mistake?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mattus.1345

Mattus.1345

I’m sure the final event will happen only once.

But my question is: Will there be any one-time events at the time when Halloween update launch?
I’m wondering, if I will go to bed now, I will miss something and never have opportunity to check it…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Link.4039

Link.4039

Unless we miss it. :P

Have faith!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vengefulreaper.4620

Vengefulreaper.4620

Oh, I do. I was just making a teasing jab. Arenanet actually restored my faith in game developers. =]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vengerin.6013

Vengerin.6013

I have a question:

Those ‘once only’ events… will be in a time frame for everyone or EU guys will have to be wake up all night to don’t miss them, like in Beta?

I don’t care when you release the update, what day you announced the update to be released or what time you used to announced but I’ll be really dissapointed if A) you give us EU the middle finger again with an event and this possible missible event counts toward monthly deed.

I’ll love pretty much an answer to this, thank you ^^

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Ugh only once events? Some of us can’t be on every day all day

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Only once doesn’t mean that they only occur on a specific time. There could be a Halloween Story just like your Personal Story. Don’t meet trouble halfway!

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: raxx.8914

raxx.8914

The once only events are lame and other games did them once and they had so many complaints that they all changed them, There’s 3 main countries that play this game so one timezone will miss out, i’m hoping what you mean is, you can all do it once in a private instance so no one misses out.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Anubbyss.3805

Anubbyss.3805

It sounds like most of it will be done via repeating activities and a halloween specific story for you to progress through just like your personal story. I hope this is how it is at least seeing as how many of us can’t even log in at all right now due to the video adapter crashing issue. Can only hope to god this patch addresses that and we’ll be able to finally play again heh :x

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ScytheNoire.4791

ScytheNoire.4791

We’d love to log in and see, but as you may have noticed, we all DID log in and you failed to produce anything. Perhaps, next time, you will actually have something. Very disappointed, like many others today.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: blue.8629

blue.8629

Only once doesn’t mean that they only occur on a specific time. There could be a Halloween Story just like your Personal Story. Don’t meet trouble halfway!

I’d say spot on there
Personal stories/Quests/Cut scenes – Only happen once

Blue… My name is a colour.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Orz.5091

Orz.5091

Quick question; why would you have things only happen once so that a lot of people have no chance to ever see it? Designing events like this seems to alienate people who don’t have all the time in the world to participate in Guild Wars 2.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arysta.9530

Arysta.9530

Maybe these events that happen only once aren’t short events… they could be long events that last the whole day.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Orz.5091

Orz.5091

My guess is the entrance of the Mad King is a one-time event. I’m cool with that being once. But if quite a few are one-time on weekday nights for the entire Eastern US, that alienates quite a few players.