Failing the Clock Tower adds to death count?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Neoma.3207

Neoma.3207

Q:

I thought failing in the Mad King’s Clock Tower doesn’t count as death when I checked /deaths on my Norn ranger. Thus, I took my survivor project character a go on that jumping puzzle. The first fail didn’t count as death so I didn’t check again.. until after I completed it.

I’m a sad sad panda now… for two months, I tried being so careful with my survivor character.

Attachments:

Sea of Sorrows

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

There is the possibility you encounter a bug when “failing” and get downed/die. I had that happen multiple times myself. :/ Ended up having to repair after my couple of hours on the puzzle.

Either way, that sucks a lot. I’m sorry you had to find out that way. And if the above mentioned bug caused it thats even more frustrating.

in Halloween Event

Neoma.3207

goes to a corner and sulk

Sea of Sorrows

in Halloween Event

Neoma.3207

On the side note, my level 22 Sylvari Guardian can’t seem to get inside the tower when I reached the top (even if I reached it over an over). Is that also a bug or does the tower have level requirements?

Sea of Sorrows

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

I did the tower with at least 5 chars lvl 2. So i can say there is no lvl requirement.

But , many were having the problem with the last jump.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

On the side note, my level 22 Sylvari Guardian can’t seem to get inside the tower when I reached the top (even if I reached it over an over). Is that also a bug or does the tower have level requirements?

I had this issue for a long time on my Sylvari. Restarting my client and joining another instance of it seemed to help, supposedly some of the instances are getting bugged. I kept hitting some kind of invisible wall.

Like after the first cog and you pause. Does the animation kinda pause for a second while the clock face thing that is forming flips over? Mine did that every run I had till I restarted my client. And some people are suggesting thats a hint that the instance might be bugged for you.

in Halloween Event

Neoma.3207

Will ANet reverse the death if I file a ticket?

Sea of Sorrows

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vengus.1098

Vengus.1098

I had this issue for a long time on my Sylvari. Restarting my client and joining another instance of it seemed to help, supposedly some of the instances are getting bugged. I kept hitting some kind of invisible wall.

Like after the first cog and you pause. Does the animation kinda pause for a second while the clock face thing that is forming flips over? Mine did that every run I had till I restarted my client. And some people are suggesting thats a hint that the instance might be bugged for you.

I can confirm this. I had the same issue where the first part froze for a sec or so when the wall broke, and when I was at the top I would hit a hidden wall everytime I jumped. After relogging I was able to complete the puzzle just fine.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Katzchen.2630

Katzchen.2630

For those of you who are smacking into a ‘wall’ instead of getting into the inner tower, I worked out the solution to this, after doing it at least 7 times. My theory is it is latency, and will affect some players who are farther away from the servers, (I am in New Zealand) I had to end up jumping a segment before the clock face, and I got in. So, count seven segments past the face, and then jump on that one, not the eighth which is the clock face.

Everyone else in my overflow dist was making the jump fine, this is how I noticed, they would all jump before the clock face on my screen.

NOT a nice issue! I was so fed up, and ready to quit thinking my game was bugged, and I couldn’t complete it. It took me half an hour extra to complete the jump because of this (2 1/2 hrs total) and I’m pretty decent at jump quests.

(edited by Katzchen.2630)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Really? I have seen a lot of complaints but this…
There are no achievements. Nothing. Nothing for low death counter. Not even displayed unless you use the command in chat. I don’t think they will make the trouble to check every time you died and revert it if it was from the tower.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

@Neoma: No – mostly because it sets a precedent for people to try undo dead survivors whether it was legit or not.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

I already died like 443 times on my main and more than a 100 times for my second highest character lol.

Attachments:

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.