Fantastic Job ANet

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wreknar.5076

Wreknar.5076

Despite the bugginess of some unfortunate players. A guildie and I were able to join in and duo the climatic battle. I would like to say thanks very much for an enjoyable time for an event. Additionally, all of the events so far from Act 1 to 3 have been top notch, the scavenger hunt, to the clock tower, to ghosts and villagers, have been refreshing and vastly entertaining.

This special event series tops what you have so far in Guild Wars 2 which makes me feel much better about the quality of content yet to come.

Thanks for the fun ride and here’s your treat from me to you.

P.S. Please direct all complaints, moans, groans, begruderies, yada yada to the eighty other threads and not muck up this one. This is solely for the benefit of ArenaNet’s hard work.

Attachments:

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eldarion the Warden.1437

Eldarion the Warden.1437

Yup, was a great event. 30 peepz of my guild were at event, we had fun waiting till it was 20.00

PM. Nice screen shot

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Trickyg.8752

Trickyg.8752

Everyone im my guild enjoyed the cutscene + dungeon.

MAD KING SAYS, DANCE!

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BlackCanoe.7238

BlackCanoe.7238

I have to agree with this guy. The cut-scene was a great way to introduce a time-limited instance. I have enjoyed everything so far, even though I suck too much to beat the clock-tower and haven’t gotten any super special stuff yet.

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BakBakaa.2453

BakBakaa.2453

Same. Great time and a great lead up. Guess what the best part is… it isn’t over. There is still a party to be had!

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stevoli.8795

Stevoli.8795

Just finished running the new dungeon with 2 other people in my guild, we had a blast. Lots of people seem to be missing the chest that spawns at the bottom in other threads. ALWAYS LOOK FOR A CHEST! :P

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tirick.7042

Tirick.7042

Incredible event; thank you ANet! I’m so glad I could attend. I’ve done the run twice now with my guild mates – It is a great mini dungeon with some spectacular fighting.

Attachments:

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

simply epic, I loved the cinematic scene and had fun in the MKD. Thanks A.Net!!!

Attachments:

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

Agreed. I guessed about the arrival of MK but oh what an entrance. And I never saw the new dungeon coming. Me and my guildmates went in right away. It was a crazy, fun place. Arenanet has really shown how much it loves its game by the design of this event.

I can’t wait for Act 4.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Peinen.2953

Peinen.2953

Disregard almost all of the QQ Anet, you did a fantastic job and should be commended on your efforts. I look forward to the finale on Halloween!

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Let me sum up how I’ve felt thus far…
Phase 1 – Good
Phase 2 – Even Better
Phase 3 – Brilliant!
Seriously though, I’ve bought a Mad King Outfit, Witch’s Outfit, all four minis, finished the clock tower, carved pumpkins, knocked on every door I’ve found, ran through the zones to do the meta events, ate my monthly’s worth of candy… and more.

It’s been great, a holiday I won’t soon forget. Sure it’s had it’s share of problems, but the pros far outweigh the cons, and you’ll just learn from every problem we’ve encountered.
Nice job ArenaNet, and I can’t wait to see Christmas!

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Smokey.8902

Smokey.8902

Disregard almost all of the QQ Anet, you did a fantastic job and should be commended on your efforts. I look forward to the finale on Halloween!

Yes let’s disregard that they make a one time event and manage to screw up the log in servers at the same time. We should be praising them for making this event available for such a short time, and then screwing over numerous people.

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I agree, this has been the best MMO holiday event I’ve ever experienced. The devs have gone all out to weave things into the world. The art’s gorgeous, the ideas are hilarioius, and the progression of the Acts has been wonderful.

No, I haven’t solved the clock tower. No, I can’t log in right now thanks to the connection error. No, I haven’t got the scavenger hunt book on all my alts or gathered all the chattering skulls and candy corn I want for eventual rune crafting. But I got to see the Mad King burst out of the fountain and then go in a surprise dungeon with my guildies, all the while oohing and ahhing on Mumble. I’ll be very sad if I can’t get back in before Sandy kills my power, as I have things I want to get.

I still give all the kudos to ANet for fantastic design.

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

@smokey I’d really like to hear how you would fix this….

I’m having a blasty blast. This event is ridiculous fun. I didn’t expect any of the stuff from act 2 and 3 that I have played. This is so over the top.

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

I am having a blast

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: norgiboy.4630

norgiboy.4630

Seriously. This thread has it right.

Despite the bugs, and things not working EXACTLY how some players want, I truly don’t understand why people are complaining about so much extra content. What other game puts this much effort into a holiday event? A week long operatic continuation of events? None. Majority of mmo’s don’t even have events to begin with, let alone on this scale.

My point is that true fans of this game will see this content for what it is, and that is Arena Net trying to please its fans. So A- net, please ignore all the haters, and from us true fans …

Thank you.

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Philosofen.8736

Philosofen.8736

I want to say thank you aswell! This has been a great, great holiday this far, and I’ve enjoyed it alot!

The mad king cutscene sent chills through me and the mini dungeon was great fun.

Thank you very much Arenanet. I’m looking forward to act 4, and I wish we could celebrate the holidays of all religions, just to get more of these holiday events. =)

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: matthewr.3980

matthewr.3980

I want to wait till the last stage of the event is shown, but so far, it’s been f-ing amazing.

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ailsan.6327

Ailsan.6327

Smokey didn’t read the first post.

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Pedroso.4603

Pedroso.4603

Yes!!! Finally! I’m having a lot of fun and all I read is people complaining.
The cutscene was awesome and I had fun with the dungeon (despite some bugs).
I just want more Mad King Says! =)

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Leandir.4310

Leandir.4310

I’m honestly baffled how much content there is for a holiday event. And it’s not even over yet. They’ve truly brought the Halloween spirit and I’m loving every bit of it.

Can’t wait to see what they’ll do for Christmas. Please, spoil me more.

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I can’t wait for the November update. It’s going to be so amazing.

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cezar The Husky.4953

Cezar The Husky.4953

It is awsome event,having a lot of fun

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Wreknar.5076

Thanks to all for trying to keep this thread on topic. For those just now reading this thread, show ANet some love if you enjoyed the party so far.

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

I believe Christmas will an Overkill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

This is me at 5am GMT after four hours of hoppin’ and a jumpin’

Attachments:

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Healer Demon.8069

Healer Demon.8069

Been playing GW1, since beta. I remember the first time Mad King came to the game. And I was glad, to get to share it with, some of my old guild mates. That me and the wife have gamed with, for over 7 years. Along with some new faces, we have connected with on our server in DragonBrand. All games have their issues. But I’m very happy with Halloween’s Event. I can’t wait to check out Act 4. For the finale.

I can’t do the jump puzzle. But I don’t mind that at all. Overall, you took a event that has spanned years, on the first game. And made it better. I really look forward to seeing what Wintersday brings. And I got to have some fun with new people, because of the event today. It brought most of the server to one spot. I think that was planned. Ran the dungeon with newcomers, and had a great time.

Healer Demon! JQ Member
Friends in many guilds on JQ, and other servers.
It’s a game enjoy your play time, leave the QQ, for your X .

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i love the screenshots everyone! thanks for sharingD
these are great. i always forget to take sceens. haha didn’t do it against the mad king (a few guildies and i got in early! hopefully all the bugs and disconnects have been fixed now. and as for the cinematic.. it was TOO COOL!D too cool i didn’t start hitting screencaps until the Mad King was out and about and laughing all crazy. truly wicked event (ha). great job ANet, and i only look forward to more from you guys. : )))))

@OP – really nice armor! it’s one of the orders i’m assuming? is it vigil? and.. Lionsguard shield?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Essa.5826

Essa.5826

Awsome event so far, from p1 to p3!

FSP

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Wreknar.5076

Nice to see that many share the spirit of appreciation in this forum.

Fantastic Job ANet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

I’m having an absolute blast. I’m really surprised by all the work that has gone into this, and I can’t wait to see what christmas is going to look like! Good times.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope