For those of us that spent money, will you buy again at Christmas?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

I bought bank space purely to store the holiday items. If I’m still playing at Christmas, I might do that again. The actual pets and costumes this time around didn’t really appeal to me, mostly because they were really only relevant during October, and only out of combat. Some of the weapon skins really appealed to me, and while I probably would have bought them at a set price I wasn’t about to gamble for them without knowing the drop rate. If they have non-random weapon skins for sale at Christmas, I’ll definitely be tempted to purchase them.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GreyFeathers.8175

GreyFeathers.8175

I bought the mad King outfit and love it ! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays both in and out of game. As far as buying Keys for the Black lion Chest I really doubt I will but I love the ability to make our in-game events an extension of what me and my guild do within the game so yeah I’ll continue to support the game and buy things I think help me to make those events a little better for me and those I game with. Many of us play as our characters in-game and set up events for others so it’s really nice.

I also believe in this game and it’s what I’ve been waiting on for some time. If I spend a little money on events and help Anet while I’m enjoying myself that’s just an added bonus. I’d also like to say to those who think that some of the Halloween stuff was set up as a money grab are pretty much full it. Nobody pulled your arm to spend anything and you have the option not too. Anything you want within the game is something you can get without spending real money and you don’t need to in-order to succeed at this game. Either play the game and work at it, spend some money on gems, or please shut up.

There is nothing worth while for doing nothing, even in a video game.

Honor is limited only by the limitations that we place upon ourselves.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

lulz i spent 0 money…j/k. I spent $10 for an expanded bank tab because mine was getting full from all my halloween junk. The leftover 200gems got my the snazzy hood. That was money well spent. But hearing the constant complaints about horrible RNG for chests ppl bought keys for, I’m glad I didn’t do that.

If Anet mentions more favorable RNG for Wintersday chests, I might. But I’d rather spend money on something I know I’ll get (ie – minis, townclothes, etc) and not leave it in the hands of the RNG gods. If the townclothes take a turn for the better, I can see myself purchasing Wintersday stuff from the gemstore, but prob not keys.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I bought the three costumes (even though it still urks me that we don’t have a way tto get it on all characters like the vendors in GW1). I did buy a few keys (~10) hoping to get a skin (which I didn’t).
So Yes I will most likely spend money again come Wintersday.
I will probably buy costumes only though. There’s no way I buying keys for gambling on such a low drop chance. Hopefully they’ll learn and just put all the skins up in the store (minus those we can actually get ingame, and hopefully no more legendary requirements for permanent weapon skins).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nimmi.1650

Nimmi.1650

I spent around $40 dollars on this halloween event, mostly on costumes and stuff which were all amazing. No regrets there. As for chest, I didn’t spend anything on keys knowing my luck. So yes, I can definitely see myself spending more in the future. :D I do hope Anet decides to put the RNG away for Christmas though.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Giam.3524

Giam.3524

I spent alot. Way more than I should have. I just kept thinking to myself that one more chest would have the skin I wanted (Which no, it did not). I’ll try to limit my spending for Christmas to 50$ if anything at all. I bought lots of keys, gems to gold, and the Mad King outfit.