GG Anet! Mad King event worth the wait!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I tried it solo and if I had been more careful might have eventually done it. Finally got in with a group and it was really good fun.

A great event. The game once again made my jaw drop with its detail and beauty.

Many thanks!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

Loving this event too. Very creative and has a beautiful consistency to the whole package. A holiday event has given us a fun boss fight, a survival horror mini-game, a new PvP map and a frankly brilliant jumping puzzle… not to mention the smaller stuff, like brawl, food, costumes and events/quests.

Bravo.

The reoccurring complaint i’m seeing on these forums is that the rewards aren’t good enough. How is it not obvious to you people yet? FUN IS THE REWARD. Fun. Not items. If you want to chase gear then find another MMO, that structure is just not in GW2’s DNA.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

Yeah the cut scene was pretty epic, especially because I was hardly paying attention when it happened so I was thoroughly impressed (and didn’t get to snap any screenshots because I was mesmerized.). The dungeon is also quite good fun. Not going to go into the rewards though because as per my usual luck with such things I am now rolling in a bunch of vendor food.

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Redrumickey.9672

Redrumickey.9672

For real ! Didn’t know we could group up .I solo it to me over a hour and a couple respawns but was a great event! Oh ya did it with a ranger. At least with all the nerfs they still very playable class . Not perfect far from . But at least my pet kicked * during this event..

Only downside wish I would get better loot for all the work.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Spawn.7014

Spawn.7014

yeah i finally get to play today and get a group for MK.. and yeah. instance is bugged.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

After being disappointed in this event overall, I logged on to try the dungeon I had heard about.
It was actually quite tricky. I managed to solo it with only one respawn (oh man those spiders are jerks), but it felt good to wreck him up. It dragged on a little long, but… it’s not supposed to be solo’d. And I got a high level exotic, which is nice.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Yes , i admit. Despise the great RNG thing on the cash shop.

The tower and now this MK we can farm are great , worth the event.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tyr.2489

Tyr.2489

Agreed, the MK is good fun simple is that.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Agreed. Was disappointed with the Cash shop fiasco, but Acts II and III have been a blast.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I agree, I dug it.

Anet didn’t even have to put on an event so close to launch, I ’m suprised ppl complain at all, well..on some level I guess I understand the complaints about the rng chest. I read the word chance and said “um, no”. That part of it should have been just have a halloween chest w/chance at the exotics.

I understand Anet wanting to get rid of some keys, but honestly…kind of don’t even need those keys in the game at all, just sell the chest cheap, about as cheap equivalent to how often they drop and double the random contents.

Overall, compared to some games that didn’t even have holiday events close to launch time, I am pleased they hit us with something, definatley better than nothing.