Gargoyles. Genuine question, why no custom model?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Faceless.7549

Faceless.7549

Candy corn ore nodes, candy corn elementals, skeletons, spiders, new events, new worldwide mini-game (costume brawl), a dungeon, a new area with unique four activities and a redesigned central city with three varying stages. This special event has a lot of care and custom content, some of which will stay with the game after Halloween.

Then there are gargoyles. Having vanished without a trace between the two games’ timelines, they now reappear without a word of recognition from any NPC, and they’re basically reskinned rock dogs and griffons. Why? Neither look anything like Guild Wars 1 gargoyles or any gargoyle, for that matter. The griffongoyle sort of looks like a grotesque, I suppose. New models could also be used post-Halloween, to explore the story of where they’ve gone.

This may sound like a weird thing to note given the overall quality of the event, but that’s exactly why the “gargoyles” stand out like an eyesore. I’m just really curious why they weren’t modelled but included anyhow, when (in my opinion) the Halloween-themed monster count was sufficient and they bring nothing to combat (unlike, say, glowing skeletons).

I’d greatly appreciate an answer from ArenaNet, since this has been bothering me ever since Act 2 started.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Luisedgm.2375

Luisedgm.2375

Maybe they had to rush the content in? better than not have the “gargoyles” at all.