Graphic issues with Mad Memoirs and Witch Costume

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zyava.2430

Zyava.2430

Hey ArenaNet,

This is how I see the book equipped on my warrior: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21496428/gw004.jpg

As you can see, the book is equipped, the ‘hide’ function is ticked. The item is not previewed properly (at all) in the Hero Panel, please fix that.

Also, I have another issue with the Witch Costume: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21496428/gw003.jpg. This is how the costume looks like after someone KO’s me and I’m in the downed state. Apparently I’m the only one to see this, which would indicate that the issue is on my side.

To help further determine the possible cause, below are some details.

GPU: Radeon 7800 2gb
In-game settings: all on high except for Render Sampling, which is set to Native.

Other stuff:
- No Vertical Sync
- No preset set up in ATI’s Catalyst Control Center
- Running the game through Steam
- The card itself is fresh new, cannot possibly have anything to do with heating

If more info is necessary, let me know.

Would also like to hear from other male, Norn Warrior players, who have the Witch Costume – did you experience a similar glitch?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

If the book is that backpiece item, from what I can tell backpieces don’t show up in game – they don’t have any visuals. They’re just there for stats right now. I don’t see what you’re looking at in the screenshot?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Gamefreak.4207

Gamefreak.4207

@Leiloni you do not know what you are talking about. My book shows up fine for my Elementalist and I am using a staff. Maybe it is a bug having to do with 2 handers or with just warriors in general. As for the Witch Costume problem, I have no idea.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Back slot items don’t show up in the inventory window. This might seem like kitten question but have you looked at your character IN game to see if it’s displaying?

(Lol, really kitten is censored? XD)

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Halloween Event

Leiloni.7951

Please clarify Gamefreak – do other backpieces in game show up for you? Or is it just this one? Also, don’t be such a kitten. I was just trying to help, so please get rid of the attitude.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: lifebird.1845

lifebird.1845

if that odd witch costume glitch resolved itself after a few seconds, that ghostly look would actually be kinda cool! … my 2 cents; not that it helps solve the problem.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Branwin.4609

Branwin.4609

“Don’t be such a kitten” isn’t helpful.

Other backpieces show up; an engineers backpack is technically a back slot item.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: temprus.3217

temprus.3217

I have found when wearing costume switchers and you get defeated, downed, or otherwise change game state, you can get visual errors like the one you showed. During the Pink Day in LA event, I used the diving goggles, when I waypointed back to the top of the pier, I lacked a chest graphic and so you could see through the gap it left plus all the other locations but head and shoulders were misdisplaying.

Some back pieces will not display in previews but will display normally on character, the book is one of them.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zyava.2430

Zyava.2430

@Leiloni – I was of course trying to see the book attached to my back in the Hero Panel preview screen. Now I’ve learned that there’s an issue with more ‘cape’ type items.

@Ryuujin – Yes, the item is shown normally outside of the Hero Panel preview window, no issue there.

@lifebird – As soon as I’m out of the ‘downed’ state and back up on my feet, the costume returns to it’s normal look and I experience no issues afterwards; until I am KO’d again, that is.

@temprus – I have came to the similar conclucions, too. Just previewing a ‘medium’ type helmet few moments ago, my ‘chest’ armor has also disappeared in the Hero Panel preview window. Thanks, great to know.

The game is merely a month old and there’s lots of room for improvement. I was simply a little surprised to see entire pieces of armor disappearing instead of, say, texture overlapping etc., that’s all.

Thank you all for your input.

P.S. ‘Kitten’ is used as a replacement word for the term we use to describe our behinds, if I recall. Funny little bit .

in Halloween Event

Leiloni.7951

“Don’t be such a kitten” isn’t helpful.

Other backpieces show up; an engineers backpack is technically a back slot item.

Go back and read the thread, please. I tried to be helpful to the OP and that other guy responded to me with attitude. He was honestly just being a jerk for no reason at all as are you. I tried to be nice and answer a poster’s question and I get two people in return being mean to me? Seriously? All I need is someone to say “Hey Leiloni, there’s a bug with the backpieces not showing up, maybe you’re encountering that bug.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: main character.5460

main character.5460

Do you see the little Ø boon? That’s a costume brawl status effect you get when you take too much damage at once. It makes so you can’t take or receive damage.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Brawler_Disabled

in Halloween Event

Leiloni.7951

Back slot items don’t show up in the inventory window. This might seem like kitten question but have you looked at your character IN game to see if it’s displaying?

(Lol, really kitten is censored? XD)

I will have to check when I get home because I have never seen my backpieces show up in game.

Edit: Ok see, I told you guys! I am not wrong. Some backpieces do not show up in game. I even took off my weapon to show it’s not a bug with the weapons. I have also heard from other players that their backpieces do not show up, either. So to all you jerks, here’s proof that only some backpieces show up while others do not:

Attachments:

(edited by Leiloni.7951)