Halloween Exotics: "Over 140g to craft...lets give them to everyone!"

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

This is the sad part of this event. I love most everything about it, save for what seems to be a chest “handout” for what are supposed to be super rare weapons. These weapons have a recipe that is 1/2 that of a Legendary.

RECIPE for Gift:
250 Candy Corn 10 Crystalline Dust 40 Elonian Wine 100 Rare Halloween Materials (Nougat = Souls, Skulls = Moon, Teeth = Spiders)

CREATING the Gift:

Gift of the Moon:

Gift of Thorns (500 TA tokens)
250 Orichalcum Ingots
20 Globs of Ectoplasm
100 Corrupted Lodestones

Gift of Spiders:

Gift of Ascalon (500 AC tokens)
250 Orichalcum Ingots
20 Globs of Ectoplasm
100 Destroyer Lodestones

Gift of Souls:

Gift of Knowledge (500 CoE tokens)
250 Orichalcum Ingots
20 Globs of Ectoplasm
100 Crystal Lodestones

Once you have the Halloween gift, you combine it with a Eldritch Scroll, 100 Mystic Coins, and 20 Superior Sigils of Night to create the final Exotic.

That’s a ton of money, time, and effort to get one of these weapons. The temporary are for ‘holiday spirit’, and the permanent. They’re no longer rare, unique, or “special” because every Tom, Dick, and Harry are getting them through the Mad King’s Chest.

What gives?

P.S. Not only this, but lots of Rampager exotic items are now FLOODING the market because of this event. The in-game economy is spiraling into a nightmare!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kagejuin.4713

kagejuin.4713

Thank god someone is getting the exotics. Hooray for the chests. I never got any and will never again buy keys. I am happy some lucky people got some.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

Maybe that is the point. They want to push the pricing for exotics down. Increase Gold value.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ailsan.6327

Ailsan.6327

Because one or two people have gotten these items, the OP assumes that every Tom, Dick, and Harry are getting them. OP, have you gotten one? I haven’t. I don’t know anyone who has. They are still a rare drop. Chill out.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

It’s definitely somewhat of a problem. The Halloween Exotics drops should get nerfed, and the green BL chest ones should drop more. Anet will likely not do this because then people won’t spend caskittens, which is a kitten shame. Also, these 76-78 cheapo exotics flooding the market might have a seriously negative impact of allowing Precursor Legendaries to be made much more often, and for cheaper.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kagejuin.4713

kagejuin.4713

Ah, people with their head screwed on right. Thanks Gadenp and Ailsan

in Halloween Event

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

I think is great that they drop from chest and everyone, even poor players, can get one. This “only the elite few should get it” is utter malarkey.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

It’s definitely somewhat of a problem. The Halloween Exotics drops should get nerfed, and the green BL chest ones should drop more. Anet will likely not do this because then people won’t spend caskittens, which is a kitten shame. Also, these 76-78 cheapo exotics flooding the market might have a seriously negative impact of allowing Precursor Legendaries to be made much more often, and for cheaper.

you mean it might make the precursors more accessible and people won’t be able to price gouge / monopolize the market?? THE HORROR

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

People complain that halloween exotics are to hard to get

Anet puts them into a chest allowing everyone a fair but still very low chance

People complain that it is now to easy

Just…….shut up, please shut up.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

Ahhh, the sweet QQ of rich market controlling speculators.

This is a temporary influx. The market will reset itself post Halloween.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Economy.3096

Economy.3096

I just don’t understand why Anet nerfed the labyrinth chest drop rates but not the chest at the end of mad king dungeon which takes about 5-10min/run and yields the same chance for exotics. Why even incorporate the recipes for the halloween exotics in the first place if you’re going to offer a far easier way to get these items?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

Ran it 20 times and none of those weapons, some are lucky and I’m glad someone is getting them, this means a chance for anyone to, regardless they get it or not, once halloween ends the price will skyrocket as supply and demand shift anyway

in Halloween Event

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

I just don’t understand why Anet nerfed the labyrinth chest drop rates but not the chest at the end of mad king dungeon which takes about 5-10min/run and yields the same chance for exotics. Why even incorporate the recipes for the halloween exotics in the first place if you’re going to offer a far easier way to get these items?

so you are assuming the dungeon is permanent? Because the items can be crafted at any time, the dungeon will go away when the even tends

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Verone.1063

Verone.1063

You assume all the people complaining are market manipulators but they’re not, people wanting to craft them have made the recipe costing over 10g in vendor mats only, which was the first thing available in order to start working on the Halloween weapons.

I don’t know if Anet intended to put them in the chests or they did it because of all the QQ of people wanting more than a book on their back but the weapons lost all value for me when they made it from a rare crafting item into a trader’s commodity.
Crafting it is useless since it might reach crafting cost before next year’s Halloween, until then price will be set by supply/demand and traders.

Honestly this is the just gambling atm, will Anet nerf the chest, will they account bind the weapons, will they hand out a free skin at the end Party, change the recipe? who knows. At least I made my recipe money back by flipping Halloween weapons.

And no, average QQ Tom who didn’t want to craft it with 100 lodestones will still not get them.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

-`-`-`-`-`-And no, average QQ Tom who didn’t want to craft it with 100 lodestones will still not get them.

And why not? What used to cost 100 lodestones now costs less than 30 gold. 100 lodestones = 75-140 gold minimum investment, not counting the 40 wine (another 10 gold), the Orichalcum, the Gobs, ….ya, it’s a bit of a large investment.

So, average QQ Tom who didn’t want to put the effort into crafting it will get them because he can now do trader price at a fraction of a fraction of the price for crafted.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

You paid the gold to get to them first.

Also these drops aren’t guaranteed and further bound by time, while crafted ones are a sure thing if the effort is put in and also not bound by the season.

The gold is the price you pay for the privilege of getting them at your own leisure.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Keep in mind that the recipes stay around, while the Ascent to Madness instance will be gone after the 31st until at least next year.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: aliquis.9180

aliquis.9180

It should either be a drop or be craftable but not both.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

15 times in a row and only 1 exotic, a lvl 78 ring…

rest of drops? greens, a couple of things from BL chest and tonics. If falling exotics left and right i must be pretty good avoiding them…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BlueStoat.9157

BlueStoat.9157

I went out and bought a fancy new car… then I whined to the dealer when they started selling for 80% what I paid the next year… no I didn’t. I paid to get it first and be the only one on the road with it. STOP WHINING BECAUSE YOU DUMPED 100+gold into something. if you have that much you should have though about how to spend it more wisely.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: High Marshal.2185

High Marshal.2185

The rune set isn’t any better. It requires 25 plastic teeth and 200 candy corn. I finally have 26 of the teeth and about 800 candy corn. I will never get all the teeth I need before the event ends. I guess my only hope is to get enough to make as many as I can and sell them for a crap ton since there will not be that many for sell so that someone can get a set of six.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

People took a chance jumping the gun. Some assumed they knew the only ways to get them and tried to take advantage of that. I figured something like this would happen so I have been saving my mats, but not spending any money to craft anything right away.

Cant really blame the event for assumptions you made over somethings availability. Maybe next time a week long event rolls around you wait to see how it plays out instead of gambling a dozen or more gold within the first few days?

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in Halloween Event

aliquis.9180

I went out and bought a fancy new car… then I whined to the dealer when they started selling for 80% what I paid the next year… no I didn’t. I paid to get it first and be the only one on the road with it. STOP WHINING BECAUSE YOU DUMPED 100+gold into something. if you have that much you should have though about how to spend it more wisely.

No one in their right mind would build a kit car over a period of months and 10x the cost, when the finished product is for sale for cheap.

It should either be a kit car or a production car.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I ran the Mad King instance all day long and all I got was a level 76 exotic sword. You’re making a huge issue out of what is essentially nothing.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zii.4578

Zii.4578

With my guild we did 10 runs and we got 2 exotics and 1 Mad Moon. So as it’s a 5 people run, we got like 1 event skin + 2 exos for 50 chests opening. I think it’s cool and still pretty rare !

ps : I’m not the one that got the Mad Moon

[LIFE] Zii Lodia

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Berethos.4526

Berethos.4526

@aliquis

They’re not getting it on sale for cheap – they’re effectively winning it in a contest that only lasts four days.

in Halloween Event

aliquis.9180

@aliquis

They’re not getting it on sale for cheap – they’re effectively winning it in a contest that only lasts four days.

Arachnophobia, which is what I had planned to make over the next few months, has 42 available on the TP for as low as 26g.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Spooky Mulder.1524

Spooky Mulder.1524

Same here. Ran all day and didn’t get this stuff. Oh well.

Commander Minerva Vix
[CoSA]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Berethos.4526

Berethos.4526

42 available, out of how many thousands are playing and doing multiple runs, and is a supply that won’t be renewed except via crafting after the 31st, meaning prices will absolutely shoot up?

Still not seeing the issue, and you’re still not looking at the long-term picture.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: WeLoveKanjimari.6725

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

I hope you realize that when you say “everybody” is getting them, you’re…well, being ridiculous.

You see 3 people say “omg I got one of the halloween weapons from the chest!”. How many people did you see who didnt get one?

Hint: It’s a billion, because those people didn’t say anything. If the chat was empty except for 3 people mentioning finding a scythe staff, that doesn’t mean everybody who walks into Ascent to Madness walks out with one of these items.

They are rare.

They are EXCEPTIONALLY rare. They are rare even if you do the thing 50 times.

This community needs to stop and take a minute before freaking out over every tiny little kitten thing.

Those who do not get one of the weapons during this event will craft them later and it will take them effort. The fact that someone else found one doesn’t make that any different.

By the way, not every one of these dropping items is craftable. In fact, most of the halloween weapons aren’t.

in Halloween Event

aliquis.9180

42 available, out of how many thousands are playing and doing multiple runs, and is a supply that won’t be renewed except via crafting after the 31st, meaning prices will absolutely shoot up?

Still not seeing the issue, and you’re still not looking at the long-term picture.

I am not concerned with the prices in the future.

My choice is: buy one right now on the TP for 26g or spend months grinding and saving and build one eventually for about 150g. Do you, in all seriousness, have a problem understanding, that this has made me lose interest in crafting it?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: derillion.5471

derillion.5471

Keep in mind that the recipes stay around, while the Ascent to Madness instance will be gone after the 31st until at least next year.

For some reason I thought/hoped that the event/dungeon would be going until the following weekend… I really hope that it doesn’t close on the 31st…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Do the mystic forge recipes for getting the recipes stick around as well? I got 4500 candy corn sitting in bank waiting to be turned into two exotics, but no means to get the other (event independent) ingredients to make the recipes before the event runs its course.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I haven’t seen ANY of the halloween weapons drop for a group. Shabby Mad King’s “armor” pieces that are reskins might, and other armors. The weps are still quite rare.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

For some reason I thought/hoped that the event/dungeon would be going until the following weekend… I really hope that it doesn’t close on the 31st…

The dungeon closes when the 4th act begins, I think this is stated somewhere besides here as well. Also, kinda makes sense… my guess is act 4 is a victory celebration of sorts as well as a way to close the portal (since we are still missing attend the party achievement).

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The issue isn’t that these items drop — it’s that the most realistic way of obtaining one is by buying early.

I bought The Crossing for 25g. If I were to go for the crafting alone, the recipe is about 13-14 gold. If I went for crafting it, it’d be close to 140-150g because YOU SIMPLY CANNOT RELIABLY FARM LODESTONES.

The issue is the ori, and mjost importantly the lodestones. You are VERY lucky if you get a core or two from an explorable dungeon. The rate at which you’d need to have enough cores to start processing them into lodestones means running an explorable path well over A HUNDRED TIMES to start getting close to having a chance at having enough core drop rates to convert to lodestones.

You simply cannot farm lodestones in any reasonable amount of time, and the orichalcum needed isn’t that much better.

But if you want to take a look at why prices are so ridiculously high, you need to look at the RNG and thus difficulty of coming by components. Exotics are already expensive or time consuming to craft — you need for for an abysmally low chance at a random precursor, and then, assuming 28 exotics into a mystic forge got you the right precursor out of the bunch, that’s not even half of the gold costs you will incur because lodestones and orichalcum sources, which are time limited (ori nodes per day, lodestones by the rarity of the lesser tier items needed to make them) makes for a much longer grind.

Legendaries are indeed a trademan’s good. If you were to just play the game, say, doing 2-3 full explorable dungeon runs and selling some crafting mats by the end of the day — let’s give you a generous daily intake of 3-4 gold from just doing dungeons and ori node farming.

It’ll take you 125-166 days of doing just that to make enough gold to cover the basic material expenses (Dawn for example is about 500g to make, since you’re very unlikely to get the precursor you want and so will have to trade for it, at the current cost of about 308g; Twilight is closer to 600g). To that you’ll have to add the time of farming the WvW badges, the karma farm, world map completion.

If you want to have unique exotics and legendaries in the game, you’ll need tons of money. And don’t kid yourself, normally playing yourself the game won’t allow you that in any reasonable timespan — download your price tracker apps because you’ll have to spend a LOT of time playing the Trading Post to make actual money in the game.

Playing the economy is not optional when it comes to mystic forge exotics and legendaries.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

I’m still wondering who’s actually going to craft these things, ever. I don’t care if you’re casual or hardcore, that’s a ton of work, just for a cosmetic item.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kmortonson.2154

kmortonson.2154

I can understand and sympathize with the frustration felt by those intending to craft the Halloween exotics. I felt the same way when I first heard the exotics were dropping from the Labryrinth chests. It does kind of take the prestige out of the item by allowing it to be both crafted and randomly dropping. Before, you would have known when you saw an Arachnophobia, The Crossing, or Mad Moon after Halloween that someone must have gone through a lot of effort to make it. That someone might not be the same person wielding it – but you would have known that the only way that weapon could exist was someone collecting the Halloween items – running the dungeon for the Gift – getting lvl 400 in artificer, weaponsmith or huntsman – paying for all the lodestones. It would have been a signal of an accomplishment.

Now? When you see those weapons after Halloween, you’ll probably just think that someone just got lucky with a drop – or paid about 20-25 gold for it on the Trading Post over the holiday.

But at the end of the day – it’s just pixels – and when I craft The Crossing (since I can’t afford the 20-25 gold right now) I will know the effort I put into it, and so will my friends and guildmates, and that is what matters to me.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

updated, 26 times…close to insane, only 1 exotic drop, a cheap ring…it seems luck is not with everyone XDD

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I’m just trying to get in as many runs as I can before the winds take me out.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Prices will go way up in a few months anyway. That’s how seasonal rares usually work in MMOs

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

yeah … i will keep trying , but im way past 26 runs … and no cross for me.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dredlockrasta.8269

Dredlockrasta.8269

I ran it about 21 times today, had no exotics until my last run dropped “The Crossing”

I agree with OP, and I feel bad for anyone who crafted it already….on the otherhand, I’m rocking a sexy staff.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Silvermink.1456

Silvermink.1456

@aliquis

Arachnophobia, which is what I had planned to make over the next few months, has 42 available on the TP for as low as 26g.

Rich people will buy several, save them for January and sell them for 100g

in Halloween Event

aliquis.9180

@aliquis

Rich people will buy several, save them for January and sell them for 100g

I do realize the profit potential for speculators here.

The issue is that if something is also available as a drop then crafting it, especially when the ingredient list is excrutiatingly expensive, becomes irrelevant.

That’s the mistake I think Arenanet is making here.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sean.2604

Sean.2604

i havnt gotten a single halloween skin from chests or the instance so i dont know what your complaint is about?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tine Sionnach.8629

Tine Sionnach.8629

OMG more QQing about free stuff.

1. if you can craft it great you can craft several and sell them when the event is not going on and make a ton of money.

2. Look is is a Drop item right now DONT craft it get in there and try to get it as a drop. And remember it is a rare chance drop so don’t complain when you don’t get it.

3 Anet is all about fairness to ALL players in the community, Just like those that bought a ton of keys then complained they didnt get anything while others were getting them as drops. Anet stated anything in the item shop can be received as in game drops.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

The more people get access to cool stuff the better, I’m glad they gave another chance to get these. Thanks Anet.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I think its funny that people think that because some people got something that means everyone (or a large percentage) got it. This event is a small percentage of the year. Don’t get so upset about it.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

PPl who got the stuff earlier get to make money off it or show off. Now it is time for the rest of the ppl to try and get one. Nothing is wrong about that.

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.