"Halloween Guide", phase 4, in game mail

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Branwin.4609

Branwin.4609

This should have been sent on the FIRST day of the event, and not the LAST day. So. Dumb. By this time, we already know what to do and the mail is redundant and useless. Maybe next year they will do things with a little bit more common sense behind their actions? I’m not holding my breathe. Something tells me that this event is not going to improve at all.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jesseroo.8247

Jesseroo.8247

with the exception of the first mail, all of them were sent on the first day for the respective phases….I don’t know what your beef is.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: aliquis.9180

aliquis.9180

I think they started sending those mails based on player feedback, but it’s not clear why you think the phase 4 mail needed to be sent on day 1.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Outamyhead.4812

Outamyhead.4812

Email wasn’t really meant for you, more for the people who don’t regularly visit the site or the forum to find out about events.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Branwin.4609

Branwin.4609

Here’s why. On day one, most people did not know what to do. I don’t think we need our hands held (the GW2 community is one of the better gaming communities I’ve been a part of) and we don’t need a walkthrough or anything to dumb it down like that. But the phase 4 mail reiterates everything we’ve all already been doing since day 1, and had we gotten it or something similar to it from the get-go, it just would have made a lot more sense to me.

For the third time in this post, getting the mail on the last day is redundant and useless.

Redundant and useless.

Redundant and useless.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

Thank you very much for your feedback, which will be passed on to the team.