Halloween Survey!

Halloween Survey!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: xLiveLucidx.5071

xLiveLucidx.5071

Hi all, and happy Halloween. I hope you are having fun experiencing the Shadow of the Mad King!

I was just wondering how much this event has cost you so far in terms of in-game gold and real money for gems?

Has it been (or will it be) worth it to you?

What is the one item you really wanted from this event? Did you get it?

What was your favorite part of the event?

How has this holiday event impacted your willingness to invest in future events/expansions?

Are you having fun with the event and game in general?

What are you dressing up as for Halloween!?

Thank you to all those who answer! After the event is over I will read all the replies and post the results on either this sub-forum or the general discussion board.

Halloween Survey!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Starhawk.2958

Starhawk.2958

I spent 16ish gold for the witch and mad king outfits as well as the hood. I’ve had fun with the event so far though it hasn’t been perfect. I will say that so far the Tower jumping puzzle has been the most fun because of the difficulty level (for me).

Halloween Survey!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

I was just wondering how much this event has cost you so far in terms of in-game gold and real money for gems?
– 450 gems, 5 keys, haven’t used them yet, doubt they’ll yield anything

– complete waste of time so far. googling most of the time for what to do, really

- I wanted some fun, no I didn’t get it. I don’t really care about items much. I wasted lots of time though running around doing scavenger hunt, and getting a completely worthless reward for 1.5h of my time.

- none

How has this holiday event impacted your willingness to invest in future events/expansions?
- I’m not going to play at all, because all this has been so far is a waste of time – even getting into the Halloween Zone is randomized, which is completely inconsiderate of people who have jobs. Want to get to Clock tower? Spend 2h running around/googling, thank you.

- Had fun with the game for a month, not anymore: prices on trade post are crap, cooking as profession isn’t rewarding at 400, bots all over the place, spending hours on it doesn’t feel rewarding => game fail.

I’ll skip this one :P

Halloween Survey!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

1. I invested 10g into candy corn and bought the avian pouldrons
2. Maybe not, I underestimated the sheer amounts people are getting, We’ll see after the event
3. I didnt go into the event hoping for an item, I got the avian pouldrons and the completed backpack and I really love both of them
4. I loved the whole event as a whole, But if I have to pick one part it would be the clocktower
5. Not at all, I feel that too many people were banking on making money through opening chests and it resulted in a lot of complaining.
6. This game has been a delightful experience, after quitting PW I am so happy with the content and the refreshing lack of P2W elements that are present in other games.
7. Unfortunately Im working so I guess I’ll be a pizza maker for halloween?

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Halloween Survey!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

I’ve bought 50$ of gems, still have some left. Also had 2k Gems prior to halloween that I used and tried my luck on BLCs.

Spending gems? Nope, horrible luck.

Nothing really. Everything is ugly. I just spent gems for fun without expecting to get anything back.

The event is not done yet, but definitly Lunatic Inquisition.

Well, for one, I’m expecting similar rage from future event JPs. :P
Looking forward new mini games and etc.

Yup.

Nothing, not doing that anymore. >:

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Halloween Survey!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

I have spend $20 on the event to buy the minis and the witches costume as well as some black lion keys.

Yes it has been worth it to me, I really enjoyed the items I bought.

I wanted the great saw skin a little but I admit it might have been mostly due to hype. One thing that I would have loved that wasn’t developed would be a mini of the costumed quaggas in lions arch.

My favorite part of the event has been the clock tower. I spent a long time on this ad when I finally finished I felt a genuine sense of accomplishment.

I have really enjoye this event and learned a lot about ANet as a company (developed my own opinions based on their actions as opposed to being influenced by others). I have enjoyed the entirety of this game more than any other and I will be purchasing future expansions and participating in events and purchases from the cash shop.

Halloween Survey!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

40g for the blc skins in TP, 5k gems for keys but gave nothing in either blc or mkc, 30g+ for the recipes of permanent weapons, 1k gem for the 2 box set of minis

Cost-wise? Hopefully next holidays wont be so gem/gold intensive, part of the fun for me in gw2 is having items after all

Greatsaw skin and yes, but theres still 2 more acts so we will see

Hands down Clock Tower Jumping Puzzle, too bad it wont be here after halloween or id keep doing it on occasion, the spvp was fun but the JP was much more so

Skeptical on BLC’s if the system remains as is, unwilling to buy costumes that only serve as townclothes, and just for the fun the clock tower provided? Hopeful in getting expansions if they will be this fun

On a scale of 1-10. it was 4 before the clock tower and spvp maps, now its 7

Same armor, I want to buy the costumes but they take up 6+ slots of space each and i find town clothes simply useless, wish they had vanity slots like gw1

Halloween Survey!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

10 euros real money to get the costumes 25s in game coin for some candy corn

Totally, extremely fun event really well done!

I wanted 2 things, the scythe, I dont support gambling so didnt buy any keys, had one lying around, used that nothing, created 4 mad king chests as I had some boosters too still nothing. The second item is the craftable staff, still working on that one. Its going to be close but I am hopeful I will manage to get all the halloween only materials by the end of the event.

So far the scavenger hunt, but I havent even played all of act 2 content yet much less what act 3 and 4 are going to bring! to early to answer this question properly. The mad king clock tower is a blast too!

If this event did anything is make it really hard to wait for the next event or future expansion. Even half of the event delivered a lot more then I was expecting and with really amazing quality all around!

Halloween Survey!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

- Enough for the seasonal skins in the style section of the shop.

- Sure, the little I spent was well spent.

- There was nothing in particular! I’d dig having one of each skin and all that, but I’m too low level/broke to even consider it.

- Mining candy corn was strangely relaxing and rewarding to me.

- Negatively as far as keys go, negatively as far as time trying to do jumping puzzles go. The first because of the odds being too low and the second because I’m not skilled enough to do it without getting frustrated beyond what should be healthy.

- Quite! My only two gripes were the key and the fact I for some reason just am not fast enough at the Halloween JP. The game in general is a blast and I love it.

- We don’t have Halloween where I live ):

Halloween Survey!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Galk the Bloody.4629

Galk the Bloody.4629

this event has cost me about 50s in WP trips and repairs for doing the mad memories tome.

Has cost me 30 dollars for the outfits and keys/ personalized t&t bags (dont ever buy these), got nothing out of the chests I opened. Not buying anymore keys ever again.
Crafted the sigil of night only to get a ‘major’ version, found out it was going for 70c on the Trading Company. So wasn’t worth crafting.

Mad Kings tower was the biggest wast of time and the least amount of fun I have had in this game. Even worse than when in WvW your outnumbered and one server has everything.