Halloween Update Anticipation [Merged]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

WTB Thriller dance. That would be great to see a few dozen zombified players, doing that dance in unison.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Teva.2807

Teva.2807

First of all before I walk about the Halloween Event, I want to talk about that “???.” I am 99.99% sure that it is for the Halloween event that would be near the end of the month. I believe that it would make lots of sense, and Arenanet has stated it wasnt a bug.

Now I would like to talk about The Halloween Event. For you beta players, in my opinion, the past events that Gw2 held in BWE 1-3 was astounding. I loved every bit of it, and it was definitely game changing for me. I wonder what we will see in the Halloween event, maybe an asura gate that leads to a “new, temporary map” for Halloween? Or maybe what they did last time where there was a map-wide event.

What do you guys think would be in the Halloween event?

Thieftix- Crystal Desert [CLAV] Commander (Aka sexiest thief on CD >:])

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Auron.2657

Auron.2657

It’s probably a surprise, just wait and see.

Best Thief EU.
New Video Coming Soon.
youtube.com/AuronGW2

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

WTB Thriller dance. That would be great to see a few dozen zombified players, doing that dance in unison.

Thriller would be acceptable.
Time Warp would be far more fun though, IMO.

Hell, even throw in a Frank N. Furter NPC for great justice.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

Make frank n further an ettin and it works even better

in Halloween Event

Posted by: XXAshkoreXX.1359

XXAshkoreXX.1359

cough! Pink Day in LA cough!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Liliana Moore.4237

Liliana Moore.4237

Lets hope they will turn all bots into zombies …

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Yukatana.8901

Yukatana.8901

I wasn’t sure where to put this but basically I was thinking about how I’m a little disappointed with the available headgears, as they are all very practical and serious, but not very charming.

This reminded me about festival hats, so with halloween around the corner, I just wanted to say I would like to see some festival hats in this game.
What I would like specifically is for them to be transmutable by default, like the HoM skins, and also for the “hat guy” to come back like in gw1, so we can get infinite access to our unlocked festival hats for all characters on our account, again like the HoM guy.

So, what do others think about festival hats, or what else would you like to see as part of the festival this october?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Festival items and special festival-specific events

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

masks would be cool, like what they did for the mesmer/necro . Since every race can wear a mask all they have to do is reskin one.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SoulTrain.2157

SoulTrain.2157

i wanna see masks and hats and maybe since we have this new in town only clothes that they will make whole costumes.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

so now that the week of spookiness draws near, arena net has already mentioned some up and coming surprises for guild wars 1 (which i will definitely check out) but what do you guys think of Halloween in a world 250 years older? excited? looking forward? i am
im just worried about the inevitable amounts of lag that will plague players in the areas where the events and quests will occur
but i still hope for lots of candy-coated goodies and the possible appearance of his mad highness, King Thorn. they cant get rid of him after we did all that work to break those seals… right?

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Volcane Crucio.4723

Volcane Crucio.4723

One thing will surely be different from GW, no more raptor and vaettir farming! :-(
Will be checking things out on GW aswell !

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

I’m just wondering when they are going to release the announcement about the event, wasn’t it suppose to come out this week? :O

in Halloween Event

Blacklight.2871

@Dark Saviour

“Thriller would be acceptable.
Time Warp would be far more fun though, IMO.

Hell, even throw in a Frank N. Furter NPC for great justice."

That totally tops me there. Unfortunately, I get the impression that sweet transvestites might be a bit too racy for this family friendly game. But if the floor show costumes were made available in the gem shop, I’d be prepared to drop some serious coin.

(edited by Blacklight.2871)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

There is more than just Halloween coming in October…What those things are? You’ll just have to wait and see, keep an eye on our website and blog for more information in the coming weeks.

O_O Say what now? Colin you tease, quit playing games and tell us already! The anticipation is killing me…

But yeah, since Monday I’ve been spamming F5 non stop after they told us to expect a Halloween blog this week. Yeah, and it’s Friday evening where I live. It’s been a long week. The blog needs to come come soon.

in Halloween Event

Blacklight.2871

i wanna see masks and hats and maybe since we have this new in town only clothes that they will make whole costumes.

Masks and hats and kitty ears.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Colin, just to clarify, what blog do you mean?

This one here indicates it will no longer be updated

http://www.arena.net/blog/category/guild-wars-2

Just want to make sure I’m not missing out!

Thanks

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I expect to see Risen in Queensdale. Zombies as the antagonist and Halloween? Hot fitting!

DEATH… GOOD.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RoseRIP.8502

RoseRIP.8502

I hope there is a drop event where we can score some cool items like Halloween vanity items.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

I haven’t seen this page mentioned yet: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/halloween-2012

Has some nice tidbits

in Halloween Event

Posted by: rook.4625

rook.4625

lol I’m pretty excited about this. My awesome cousin is having a baby shower the same day of this release and I will definitely have to miss it unfortunately.

She’ll understand.

in Halloween Event

Valentine.6529

Seems like its finally up, what do you guys think?
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/halloween-2012

Looks pretty especially that clock tower.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Oooh! Yay! Can’t wait!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Smoeki.2756

Smoeki.2756

Arrrggg…. I knew it was only going to be about a week long. I’m going to miss most of it. I’m hoping that the four acts they speak of in Festival aren’t on some kind of lockout till a certain day.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rise.9702

Rise.9702

This look awesome!!!

You sir are a Scholar and Gentlekitten.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Thrishmal.5019

Thrishmal.5019

Thank you for the link, Crimsony! That had escaped my attention since I was only looking at the news section.

This sounds like it is going to be a pretty amazing event, if the events don’t bug out.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Oh I would LOVE this!!!!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Wonder if during the 22nd-31st, all zones will be night and the moon will look like the picture in their article.

https://d2vn94glaxzkz3.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/october-2012-concept-2.jpg

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rise.9702

Rise.9702

Trick or treating in Divinity’s Reach!

You sir are a Scholar and Gentlekitten.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Masher.8051

Masher.8051

Looks interesting.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Lovin’ me some Halloween preview.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

in Halloween Event

Valentine.6529

I dont think if you miss an act that’d you’d be left out. I think it’ll be if you miss it then you get moved to the newest act, or they let you play through the acts that you missed.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

I wonder if the last portion, Tyria evolving, where they talk about new events/bosses/mini dungeons- is that included in the update or is that just “future talk”?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

The new events, bosses, and mini-dungeons are included in the Shadow of Mad King release, same thing goes for everything on that page!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

So pumped for this. Halloween is an awesome holiday and the GW series has always done fun stuff with it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Thrishmal.5019

Thrishmal.5019

The new events, bosses, and mini-dungeons are included in the Shadow of Mad King release, same thing goes for everything on that page!

happy dance

in Halloween Event

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

Thank you for the response, I am definately interested to see what happens. If it is as good as it promises to be in the ad and interview, my very tightly sealed wallet will be opening and gems will be purchased

in Halloween Event

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

People tend to be a bit… loud with their opinions that there isn’t an “end game”, and whether or not there is one or not, we are getting a major game update along with Halloween, not just Halloween. And GW2 has only been live for two months.

ANet knows how to treat its customers, and I am excited for the new jumping puzzles. Hopefully there will be a scary one. Because Halloween has always been fun in GW, but adding true terror would just be all-around fantastic.

Just my two cents.

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alatian.6847

Alatian.6847

So stocked for this! Arenanet nailed it with this update, there’s a little something for everybody! SO EXCITED AAAAAAHHHH

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Am i the only 1 who doesn’t want to know a thing about it?, to me the best bit is the surprise of everything and seeing it ingame for the 1st time – without knowing anything about it at all.

Heck i still think the dragon event in one of the zones (won’t state which) was awesome, i made sure not to read anything on when/where they show up, so when it appeared it was a total OMG! moment.
—-
So please, Anet don’t put anything about it on the easy to see places (launcher etc) so i can be surprised and not know what will happen before i even get to it.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shayne Hawke.9160

Shayne Hawke.9160

Webpage:

Never one to miss out on an opportunity, Evon Gnashblade has stocked all new items at the Black Lion Trading Company, including Halloween costumes and new transforms that will allow you to play Costume Brawl with fellow costumed players.

Does this mean that only people who buy costumes in the store will be able to participate in this event?

Or can I expect there to be some way to earn a costume through gameplay during the event?

YT channel - GW2 Activity vids and more
Activities are dead.
Sanctum Sprint record times: any checkpoints – 39.333, all checkpoints – 1:55.633

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Am i the only 1 who doesn’t want to know a thing about it?, to me the best bit is the surprise of everything and seeing it ingame for the 1st time – without knowing anything about it at all.

Heck i still think the dragon event in one of the zones (won’t state which) was awesome, i made sure not to read anything on when/where they show up, so when it appeared it was a total OMG! moment.
—-
So please, Anet don’t put anything about it on the easy to see places (launcher etc) so i can be surprised and not know what will happen before i even get to it.

Just found it, it’s o the main page lower right, easy to overlook if you go to the forums right away.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/halloween-2012

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Archenson.7680

Archenson.7680

Wonder if during the 22nd-31st, all zones will be night and the moon will look like the picture in their article.

https://d2vn94glaxzkz3.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/october-2012-concept-2.jpg

I’ve always hated that moon since GW1 Halloween events, it’s too darn creepy and unnerving, lol.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Chipsnsalsa.2714

Chipsnsalsa.2714

Witch town outfit for my necro. Make it happen Anet XD

in Halloween Event

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

Mario and Luigi costumes for the jumping puzzles, Make it happen Anet :O

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Redjo.6315

Redjo.6315

omg A’net <3

in Halloween Event

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Thank you for the response, I am definately interested to see what happens. If it is as good as it promises to be in the ad and interview, my very tightly sealed wallet will be opening and gems will be purchased

What interview? Have a link so we can read it?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Halloween Event

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

So…two things concern me

1. I see no mention of festival hats……while I know there will be costumes in the TP, GW1 had both free masks and eventually cash shop costumes. Please tell me this tradition will continue?

2. On the subject of costumes……the way the note about the costume brawl reads seems to imply we will need to purchase things to participate………..please don’t tell me this is the case and I am simply misreading.