Halloween costumes worth it?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kurama.1257

Kurama.1257

ReginaBuenaobra posted this

“Halloween costumes will be unavailable to purchase once Halloween is over, but the brawl will continue to work and the fun will go on with existing costumes and tonics. If it’s popular, we plan on supporting it with even more toys, more transforms, and more features! When you think about it, think about how serious you were playing tag at recess. While it’s not the beloved Costume Brawl from the original Guild Wars – it is something fun, innovative, and unique to Guild Wars 2”

I just wanted to clarify though however because the halloween items seem completely temporary, I purchased a costume this morning but I want to know if I will still have it AND the costume skills once the halloween event is over? I purchased it under the pretense that it works like any other costume except this is temporary purchase, not temporary duration.

I do feel mislead If it does disappear after the event I’d like to know atleast before I consider buying another one because then I could assess the worth of a 700 gem temporary costume.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

I’m pretty sure they meant that it will only be sold for a limited time but the purchases themselves are permanent.. just like all other purchases made through the Gem Store.. The only thing that is of a temporary duration, to my knowledge, is the weapons that you can purchase in game (not the ones from the BLCs or the craftable ones).

Slow down and smell the pixels.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

Nope, what they meant that the costumes are going to be selling just in Halloween, and yes they are totally worth it with the minipets, what is NOT worth it is just the gambling chest and crafting the weapons in-game, in this aspect ANET slipped hard.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Masher.8051

Masher.8051

Be careful though, i paid 700 gems for the mad king outfit and didn’t even receive it.

Yep, i’m bitter.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Skeletor.9761

Skeletor.9761

I’m happy with my witch costume. It gives a broomstick to fly on, a cat familiar and it can also transform other players by using a cauldron so I would definitly recommend it if you like costume brawl.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Nah. They are not worth it.

To put them on, you have to remove town clothes. So you’ll needs bank space for the town clothes, and also for the costume once you take it out. As there’s no collectible slots for them and no way to recover them if lost.

And to use them with several characters either you buy them multiple times, or juggle them with the bank again.

And if something happens and you forget a character had it and delete it with it or your 5 years old niece fiddles with your character while you have to hurry to open the door and deletes them, they are gone forever, unless you pay again, the next year, if they even become available again.

Too many headaches.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

Anyone that buys and doesn’t get, clear your mail out. It’s there.

And yes they are worth it. It’s a cool look and few sport it. You end up unique.

Unless you are horribly irresponsible, you won’t need to worry about minor inventory management, or children deleting your characters….

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

If the Mad King Outfit will be also working for the brawl after halloween, then it worths it.
If don’t, I lost Gems.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Masher.8051

Masher.8051

@Hsinimod, my mail box had 1 mail in it at the time of ordering, still didn’t get my mad king outfit despite having my 700 gems removed. It is not there. do not assume every one is as thick as a brick.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

For me it worth it. Planning to buy the witch costume as I already bought the mad king one, but better wait till the gems price to stable a bit since it’s fluctuating a lot since the update.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: main character.5460

main character.5460

The witch costume looks really awesome and it’s account bound so you can use it between multiple characters. Only downside is it’s equipped so you can only have it on one character at a time. The new halloween outfits look really good and are definitely worth it (if you’re into the aesthetic)!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

The witch costume is cute. (Except the face when riding a broom.)
Males turn into a warlock with it.

The mad king one is nice.

Both can spawn a table/feast or cauldron which allows others to get costumes for a limited time to “brawl” in.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hinoreth.5978

Hinoreth.5978

There are no timers that I can see on the items I bought. They are being sold for a limited time, but I believe the costumes will remain after Halloween…and they are quite fun!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: snowybell.8017

snowybell.8017

If it’s transmutable, it is totally worth it. Unless well you spend all day in LA.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

The costumes are fun and not too expensive. If you want one, go for it.

They’re not going to disappear when the event is over. It even sounds like costume brawl (which I figured would end when the event is over) will still be possible.

I got the witch costume. Haven’t checked out the other yet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

I personally like the costumes but it would’ve been better they have armor alternative other this this. All the have for armors in gem store are the 3 old ones that’s there since launch.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

I got both, they’re pretty cool. The abilities are fun. The Mad King one in particular looks very elaborate. I also love how each one gives a pet to summon while you wear the costume.

Can’t see any timers on them, it was my understanding of the dev comments that they are permanent, you just have a limited time to buy them before they’re removed from the store.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

I love the witch costume! I also love my character’s face when she rides the broom. She is so happy it is hilarious.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir