Halloween got me thinking: Future events!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

… Since the Halloween event takes place primarily in Kryta and human-heavy territories, I’m wonder how future events would pan out for other races. It also makes me wonder what kind of holidays the races would celebrate. Maybe some would be inspired by real life holidays while others would be totally fantasized.

Asura: I’m thinking that they would celebrate days of major scientific advancements. National Science Day and National Mathematics Day could be used as an inspiration for holidays celebrated by the Asura. They could also celebrate and honor some of the deeds that Snaff may have done when he was still alive; and maybe open up the Snaff Prize competition to non-Asura.

Charr: World Cat Day anyone? Actually, I’m thinking the Charr holidays would be inspired by the patriotic and independence days from the real world. Or even the celebration of their Industrial Revolution, the killing of their gods, and remembrance of Pyre Fierceshot .

Sylvari: I’d imagine their holidays would involve The Pale Tree, The Firstborn, The writings on Ventari’s Tablet , or probably just nature in general. Earth Day would probably be a good inspiration for Sylvari holidays.

Norn: Norn love ale! I was somewhat saddened that there wasn’t an Oktoberfest -inspired event in Hoelbrak. On the other hand, I would expect some Norn would end up cosplaying as a Santa-like figure during Wintersday. Remembering Jora ’s deeds could be a holiday on its own.

Overall, I think there could be some kind of “Remembrance” style holiday that would remember some of the big events and important characters from GW1.

Let’s speculate for a bit! What kind of holidays would you expect from the main playable races of GW2? How about holidays for the lesser races like the Skritt, Hylek, and Quaggan? For reference, these were the holiday events that took place during GW1, so it may be possible some of those may make a comeback!

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sathla.7381

Sathla.7381

Love it!! I always hated in “other” games the most frequent city/race had all the glory while others were left without care

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dawthus.4630

Dawthus.4630

+1 Ba-Gillion for the basic premise.

Falls in perfectly with the ‘we want you to explore and learn’ feel Anet has with the game, tying in some further GW1 lore as well would be great for those of us who didn’t play it. Putting events in other races home/main centers its neat (I just realized my 50+ necro had never been to Metrica last night!), and possibly putting the GW1 events out in the ‘wild’ where they would have been in that original world would be neat too (Old Lion’s arch event underwater anyone?)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

There’s already an Oktoberfest heart in a Charr town :P

For the rest, I just want a well-prepared Wintersday event and I’ll be happy.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Anyone else think it might be interesting to know what kind of holidays the other races could celebrate?

@Sathla: I agree. Gaming-wise, why is that city even there besides being a racial city for a least-popular playable race. I think race-specific holidays amongst other things would be great to add life to cities that are not often visited on a regular basis.

@Dawthus: Along with Halloween, it’s definite that Wintersday will make it. Although, 250 years has passed since the events of GW1. I’m hoping there would be celebratory events that might tie in the lore of GW1 so that those who have never played the first game have a better understanding of what happened and how it may have influenced the actions of the people of GW2.

@Keiran: I’m hoping for a great Wintersday as well! As with that Charr town, mind sharing? I have 100% exploration, but I may have not noticed it…

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Redamz.5038

Redamz.5038

Human → Halloween
Norn → Christmas
Sylvari → Easter
Asura → April fools?
Charr → New year?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jennytheturtle.8659

Jennytheturtle.8659

I’m liking your ideas Earth day made me think of hen we have to turn off all the power and then I thought of how the sylvaris’ glow! :O

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tolker.4719

Tolker.4719

These ideas are just… great! Hope Anet has something like this planned for the future.