How to finish the Clock Tower in 2 easy steps

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Depotboy.6204

Depotboy.6204

I found it much easier on my Asura than any other race.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Raehvyn.4530

Raehvyn.4530

I suggest not getting mad or frustrated. Not a troll post either. I found the more emotionally charged I got the more rookie mistakes I made. I did better when I just took a deep breath and went at it calmly. Might sound funny as this is a video game but when you spend 2 hours falling to your death you just sort of want the world to burn. >.<

[NoPe] Jello Gangsta Cosby.Cute Lil Pookiebear
“Check your inbox. Infractions for everyone!” – Oprah

in Halloween Event

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

I second Raehvyn’s suggestion of avoiding getting mad/frustrated. Take a break if you’re mad or just can’t concentrate. I promise you’ll jump better after a break (well, I promise I did, at least).

One basic tip is to try and lower the number of jumps you make as much as possible. Jumps take a split second longer than walking. The less jumping the better.

OP’s suggestions are good but keep in mind that if your latency is bad (like mine is, 370ms when I finally managed this puzzle) there are two crucial spots – one is the small square platform, like OP says, and the other is the drop onto the platform with a chest. If you’re lagging chances are the mist will have taken over or will be starting to take over when you drop – be quick getting up and hop onto the next platform asap. If you’re slow enough, the platforms next to the one with the chest will have spawned by the time you’re able to drop – fall on those instead if so.

It probably takes more practice (and patience) than if your connection’s fast. It took me 12 hours to reach the top the first time. It’s a lot of time, and you may be better than me and get there before then – but if you don’t have that time and you can’t make it, don’t feel too discouraged. I know how frustrating it is (I made lots of frustrated forum posts about it).

(edited by neon.4863)