I carved a pumpkin... I carved another pumpkin... I carved another...

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

Remember the “I swung a sword” video? Yeah – carving 150 pumpkins is wicked fun…

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Yes, and what makes it even better is that we’re not forced to carve any if we don’t find it fun.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Luisedgm.2375

Luisedgm.2375

Not really, but i finished it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

Don’t carve them then?

in Halloween Event

Icecat.4528

you want the achievement? Yes – you gotta carve em. I would hope for better events than grind 100 tort bags, grind 150 pumkins, etc

in Halloween Event

Posted by: souldonkey.9534

souldonkey.9534

The difference is the “I swung a sword” he’s referring to is that most quests in traditional MMOs require “go kill 20 boars” and just swing your sword around. These quests are needed to level up. This pumpkin carving is 100% optional and is only on you if you complete it or not. Don’t compare apples to chainsaws. They’re not similar.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: souldonkey.9534

souldonkey.9534

you want the achievement? Yes – you gotta carve em. I would hope for better events than grind 100 tort bags, grind 150 pumkins, etc

Key word: want. You want the achievement. You do not need it. The carving grind is not required to level. The “I swung a sword” refers to quests that are required to level in most MMOs.

in Halloween Event

Kana.6793

I finished all of those on the first day. If you want the achievement then do it, if you don’t want to do it then don’t. What’s the point of complaining about it?

There are plenty of other things to do if you don’t like carving pumpkins.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

Breaking news! MMOs contain repetitive activities that are often times 100% optional.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Breaking news! MMOs contain repetitive activities that are often times 100% optional.

In other news: water is wet.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Grim.6415

Grim.6415

Is the reward just the achievement, and a title? Any items?

in Halloween Event

Icecat.4528

the point of complaining about it – its not a fun event, its just a grind and a bore. Don’t sit there and tell me you had fun carving 150 of these suckers.

I am looking for fun events, not boring mindless time sinks. GW2 was supposed to be above all that mindless drek.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Not only that, but I’m at 110/150 pumpkins and I’ve never purposefully grinded pumpkins beside half an hour in the labyrinth. I’m sure by the end of halloween I’ll make it and it won’t feel like a chore because I’m not tunnel visioning on it.

P.s. the “swung a sword” refers to questing, mostly. If you have an idea for a more entertaining achievement other than “do x y times” feel free to post it.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Halloween Event

Kana.6793

Pumpkins just give the Master Carver title.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

No items just an achievement and a title. Not necessary for the Emissary of the Mad King so again nothing to fear nothing you have to do. It doesn’t take too much time to do while doing the events especially if you go into the labyrinth.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Luisedgm.2375

Luisedgm.2375

title and achiev only, its not even required for the last achievement.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Can’t edit my post for some reason. Stop calling an achievement “event”. This is not an event, it’s an achievement you can get during halloween event. Halloween event is much more than “carve pumpkins”, it’s Lunatic Inquisition, Reaper’s Rumble, Clock Tower, Ascent To Madness…. do I need to keep going on?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Grim.6415

Grim.6415

Icecat: Then go do the fun events like killing the Mad King, his giant candy corn and other champions, run the clock tower puzzle (haven’t felt as much adrenalin while playing MMO’s as I did finally completing this sucker), enjoy the lore and fun of the scavenger hunt, etc….

Just because there is a boring optional achievement available doesn’t mean you should do it. What you are telling us is you don’t want to do it. The answer is simple. Then don’t because there is plenty of other things to do.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zogrim.6925

zogrim.6925

I wish the pumpkins wouldn’t reset. It would have been a lot more interesting if you had to explore the areas for pumpkins. Let’s say you need 150 carved and there are like 200-300 spread across the areas.

in Halloween Event

Kana.6793

the point of complaining about it – its not a fun event, its just a grind and a bore. Don’t sit there and tell me you had fun carving 150 of these suckers.

I am looking for fun events, not boring mindless time sinks. GW2 was supposed to be above all that mindless drek.

Go do the scavenger hunts, or the event chains to open the doors, or the labyrinth events, or the 2 new pvp modes with unique maps, or the new dungeon, or the new jumping puzzle, or play costume brawl while the cauldron is there…

Pumpkin carving isn’t an event, it’s just an achievement for a title. That’s it. It doesn’t even count towards the Emissary of The Mad King title.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

I got the title without much effort, there’s pumpkins everywhere and if you pay attention where they are, you’ll pretty much get it without spending extra time on it. if you think THIS is grinding, you haven’t got a clue what grinding is. But as you complain about it, I guess you’re not gonna finish it anyway because there’s no point in doing so.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Why should I not sit here and tell you I had fun carving these? Is it because then you’ll realise people are different and find fun in different things?

I turned it into a scavenger hunt, ’cause I enjoy them. So yeah, when I was told there are 30 of them in LA and 30 of them in many of the starting maps, I wanted to find them all. It was fun – I enjoy exploring.

If you’re looking for ‘fun events’ then there is a whole load of new stuff out there for you other than carving pumpkins. I don’t get what your complaint is here. The only thing I get from it is, “I don’t find it fun, therefore it shouldn’t exist.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

…somehow i get the feeling this was done after mindlesly grinding the most apparent pumpkins, with alts and overflows.

I think the point of the pumpkins were to get people actualy look around, explore a bit and find them while doing other halloween stuff.

Naturaly people of the internet just picked it out of any context, made a guide how to farm it most efficiently essentialy ripping any fun out of it.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Sometimes the most efficient way is the way some people have to do it Strang. Those of us with not much time to play need a fast way to complete something, so we can go and do the other stuff and participate in it.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sleepcoma.9487

Sleepcoma.9487

How to have fun carving pumpkins: find all the pumpkins in the different areas and carve them while exploring.

How to not have fun carving pumpkins: find a group of tightly packed pumpkins, carve them then attempt to reset them so that you can carve them again.

I’ve probably carved 300 pumpkins by now, I feel like they are everywhere I look. If you’re “grinding” pumpkins you’re doing it wrong.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Avani Silver.2018

Avani Silver.2018

I grind pumpkins for pie!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: spazznid.8039

spazznid.8039

I like the pumpkin carving.

Are you trying to tell ArenaNet to make a game for you but not me?

Wow, dude. Just wow.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

There are 30 pumpkins, I believe, in Lion’s Arch. If you do all of these pumpkins on your five characters, then there you go. You’ve finished, without a whole lot of difficult effort. Sure, it’ll take some time… But you do what you want.

I prefer just finding them wherever I need to go for quests. I’ve found a ton in the Labyrinth, and it’s just fun if I’m not trying to grind them. I might have to when it comes closer to the end of the event, but by then I probably won’t have that many to carve!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ravenblade.7685

Ravenblade.7685

I liked it. The Lion’s Arch part is pretty fast and I connected the Queensdale, Kessex Hills and Gendarran Fields parts with the map completion and helping out in events. Net me almost 40k karma, tons of mats, some gold and finding areas I haven’t been to before. So at least this years it didn’t feel like a grind to me.

Siqqa, Asura Engineer

When I’m playing WvW I’m really playing LSD.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Skullmount…..sigh*

Have you noticed where the pumkins are located?
Let´s see…
Lions arch, main festival area, and place you most propably spend considerable amounts of time while playing, due to it being basicly a hub to everywhere.
Gendarran fields, area where haunted doors are, where parts of act 1 and 2 scavenger hunts are located in, wher portals to mad realm are.
Kessex hills, area where parts of act 1 scavenger hunts are located in, area where there´s haunted doors etc.
Queens dale, see above
Mad realm itself, a festival area, place you visit all the activities from.
Now tell me what other events you needed to participate in that aren´t close to the pumkins?

Oh, what´s that? HA! maybe you meant other than holiday events, things that are there for years to come.
Well….most likely you´ll visit lions arch at some point during playing. Running through the central area of lions arch, and looking around there´s about ~15 pumpkins…now halloween is here atleast till 31st…well that´s when act 4 begins but anyhow….from 22nd to 31st it´s 10 days of pumpkins. What was 10 times 15 again…gasp* its´150!

What´s my whole point in this?
Even if you just ignore everything in the event(but somehy want one particular event achievement), avoid all the event locations, but go through central lions arch while playing,carving pumpkins, you´ll make it before act 4…
And then you have the audacity to tell me you don´t have time to do it unefficiently, while bickering about this on forums?

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]