I'd like a scythe...so what do I have to do?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Been flipping through the pages of threads to find out the specifics of making a weapon skin. Couldn’t find how to get the recipe and no idea what materials the recipe itself requires…

But I’m sure there are tougher achievements in the game. What do I need?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: serena smith.2734

serena smith.2734

it’s easy rlly just get a credit card and it’s cheaper plly than making it?

When the wind is so strong that you almost can hear a whisper calling your name..
This is your calling, to The battle of your life.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Velocity.4950

Velocity.4950

be rich in game, get lucky with opening chests, or buy so many keys ur bound to get one.

those are the best recipes atm.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

Without jumping into the whole drop rate argument, which is long and boring. The keys ARE too expensive for what you normally get as a reward. Hence I bought 15 keys with thegems I hadf left and didnt get squat…no big deal

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rocksors.7830

Rocksors.7830

If your dead set on getting it I wouldn’t recommend getting keys and hoping. Better of just buying it off the TP. Even buying gems and trading them for gold would work out better than people are saying the drop rates are.

Isle Of Janthir [AR]
Rocksors: 80 Guardian, Althalus: 80 Thief, Birigitte: 80 Ranger, Roacsors: 80 Warrior

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

I got not one, but two Scythe skins in the first 5 chests that I opened (I only had, like, 8 keys laying around).

Of course, this then prompted the gambler in me to purchase about 50 some odd more keys which amounted to nothing.

Still, from reading the forums, 2 skins in 70 something chests (some of the chests had extra keys in them) is actually pretty kitten lucky. I read someone posting the odds to get items from chests was somewhere in the realm of 1 out of 500 per skin. So, a 1.2% chance to get one of the six available skins. So, a little better than a 1 in 100 shot.

So, yeah, if you have notoriously bad luck, just save up some gold and buy them straight out. The Scythe was 38 gold when I went to sleep this morning, but it’s been steadily dropping, so it’ll probably be a more decent price by the end of the event.

It’s your choice rather to buy it straight out, or to risk gambling for it.

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

in Halloween Event

Leo G.4501

What about crafting the skin? That’s what I’m asking information for.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

The price of the skin has dropped more than 20 gold for the scythe skin, and that’s just since this morning when I first logged on. It will continue to go down in price as the event progresses, but I bet it’s going to shoot up in price once it ends as you won’t be able to get it anymore.

Just wait a few days and it’ll be less than 10g a pop. And don’t say you can’t make 10g in a few days. Just gathering Candy Corn on the 2 Orr zones while collecting my Orichalcum nodes netted me over 5g this morning.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

What about crafting the skin? That’s what I’m asking information for.

That one, on the other hand, is expensive. THe recipes are out and about by now though.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

be rich in game, get lucky with opening chests, or buy so many keys ur bound to get one.

those are the best recipes atm.

I seriously think those “I’ve bought 100 chests and got nothing” guys are full of crap. I’ve received 6 halloween special items, and I’ve only opened 21 chests. You only really need to get one or two of the weapons, any of them will do, then sell them and use the gold to buy the one you want.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: namastex.8906

namastex.8906

I don’t think they are full of crap, my guild leader bought 200 keys worth of diamonds, he then bought about 100 keys, and decided to sell the other 100 keys worth of diamonds for gold instead and bought the skin he wanted off the market.. out of 100 he didn’t get any halloween items.. I used 2 that I got from my low level characters and said to hell with it. After stories like that I will just buy it off the TP

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Honestly , i believe this thread was simple made to stand a point, i think OP knows quite well what he must do.

Either way , spent some money on TP and buy the skin , less then 30g.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

It’s all based on a chance.

even if it were a 50% chance, you could open 100 chests and still not get the items you want.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

The chance of opening x number of chests and finding an item with a y chance per chest is as follows:

(1-x1) * (1-x2) * (1-x3) * … * (1-xY) = (1-x)^y = chance to NOT get the item after y consecutive tries.

So opening 100 chests with a 1% chance to get an item = (1-.01)^100 = 36.6% chance to lose all 100 tries = 63% chance to get lucky at least once.

that is the simplest equation to gauge what your odds really are if all you need is one lucky break. You can do more math to assuage yourself, but you can see how this explains some of the sob stories.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hinoreth.5978

Hinoreth.5978

Drop about $3k on keys if you wanna go random….or spend $25 – 30 gold for it in the trading post.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

Wait until after Arenanet makes a decision on what they’re going to do about regular black lion loot before biting the bullet.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

The best way to get it is to buy it with gold. The skin can be traded.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jazneo.8213

Jazneo.8213

Just need to rich and have alot money from cash shop gamble box . aeranet went the greed method give out event items now

in Halloween Event

Posted by: WakkaJabba.3910

WakkaJabba.3910

i made a lv 44 character and made five gold coins along the way up. i went to the trading post just now and bought a rifle skin worth of 4gold 50silver. then check greatsword price, “HOLY FAQ 42GOLD?!” good thing that i dont like to use greatsword

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Player.9621

Player.9621

P2W
the guild wars 2 way

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Novalight.7568

Novalight.7568

P2W
the guild wars 2 way

You don’t really understand what P2W is, do ya?

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

in Halloween Event

Leo G.4501

“Honestly , i believe this thread was simple made to stand a point, i think OP knows quite well what he must do.”

Because I’ve read a lot of the threads of people complaining about the chances of the keys+chest, or buying them off the market, I wasn’t asking for that information but for making the skin for various reason such as making a character later that I may want that skin on, or if the item its attached to is lost. I’d like to know how to make the skin if ever a situation occurs that it’s not Halloween, the finite supply on market aren’t reasonably priced and there is no other means to obtain it.