I know this might sound crazy.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Diabolos.5493

Diabolos.5493

1) Why did people not wait to buy black lion chest keys? If you don’t know what a “Chance” is why not let someone else find out for you first?

2) Why are people acting so immature about this? I do get where people are coming from with the drop rates for these skins. I felt they were a little bit harsh so I voiced my opinion in a constructive way. No QQ was needed, in fact you are much better off keeping things short and to the point, it makes it much easier for Mod’s to find and read what the community considers to be important and respond to it.

3) Why are people still upset? The Mad chest is exactly what I felt was missing from this part of the event. It brings the drop rate of these skins up to where I feel they should have been to begin with, while also giving some nice bonus items. It also shows that Arena Net cares about our feedback. That is very hard to find these days and should be appreciated regardless of where you stand on this subject.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

There’s basically two kinds of people when it comes to chances. Some people gamble, which means on average you lose but there’s a chance to win big. Other people take risks, which on average means you win but there’s a chance to lose a little.

The ones buying chests now are gamblers. Almost all of them will lose money on it in the hope of finding that elusive skin that sells for 300g. You and me are waiting until we see where the gamble turns in a risk, exactly what card counters do.

As long as neither becomes an addiction, neither is bad. Controlled gambling is fun, like throwing 50c in a slot machine to see what happens or throwing a 100€ on red once during holiday just as a bit of fun at the side. I’ve done that and never complained.

Taking risks takes a lot of time which can also lead into a negative addiction. But the only one to blame for an addiction is the person who didn’t have the spine to resist spending more than he could.

EG: I bought heaps of chests. We all know they will eventually rise in value because the flagship of the BLTP can’t sell at vendor price, that’s just bad business. Someone who tries to sell it should be intrigued for the value of these chests. Selling at 3c just shows the contents are practically worthless.
For a mere 1g investment I’m looking at a potential return of over a hundred gold guesstimating that the correct value for this thing should be at least 1s to make buying keys compelling.
On the other hand they might stay at 3c or become soulbound but those are small risks compared to the almost guaranteed huge gain.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

Because there are two types of people in the world.
1: Those that understand what “Chance” and “Probability” means.
2: Those that don’t

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I used to play Aion so stuff like this scares the crap outa me. So I waited to see the chance and saw that it was awful~ opened exactly 1 chest with a key I had sitting there to see if I’d magically be extremely lucky and left it at that. .-.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Telenn.6945

Telenn.6945

Theres also two camps complaining

1: Those that gambled without knowing the odds and lost. Stupid.
2: Those that would gamble but wont unless they know the odds. Smart.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ickorus.4518

Ickorus.4518

The thing about the chests is that the idea is sound but unfortunately ArenaNet didn’t account for people that have no concept of restraint.

Guild: Afterlife [AFTL] (Piken Square)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Diabolos.5493

Diabolos.5493

Well this seems to have blown over pretty quickly. Everyone seems to be talking about the Clock Tower now.