I'll never be able to get the new skins. It is not fair.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zexion.5842

zexion.5842

I was seriously hoping crafting would let me obtain the new skins. Sadly no, you can only craft the 3 vendor skins and the price to craft them is ASTRONOMICAL.

Gift of ascalon? 250 obsidian ingots? I might as well save that for a legendary!

What are the other choices? Black lion chests. Well the drop rate of the new skins is horribly low. People have gone through 200 chests and not seen one!. To even open the chests I need the keys which can be obtained threw drops which is again LOW LOW LOW or I can (you guessed it) buy them for real cash.

I am NOT wasting all my money on 200 keys to get 1 new skin. That is outrageous.

But wait? You can buy the skins from other players! Well they cost 10g a pop.

I am not very good at making money, I also buy things with money like different sets of gear/runes/sigils for different builds. I have 2g in my name. I can’t afford a one time weapon skin for 10g. I could buy a gift formula for the legendary for 10g.

Seriously Anet? From the looks of it its just you wanting players to buy gems with their money so they can buy keys to almost having no shot at getting the new skins. Who knew for a holiday event the only efficient way to get the holiday items is to spend my cash on 200 keys?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Then don’t do it..

IT is a skin, not something that makes you better at the game.

The amount of hand wringing and complaints over something as silly as an appearance items is mind boggling. If you want to put the time, effort and money into, great, go for it.!

If you don’t want to, then do not complain. I could understand if it was pay to win type items, but it is not.

So no need for the complaints.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

1. You can’t prove people actually opened 200 chests and got nothing, people will say ANYTHING on a forum to make a point.
2. I am sure you will get something by the end of the week for completing the rest of the quest chain.
3. The price will go down towards the end of the event.
4. Lay off the entitlement please.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Caithe.5314

Caithe.5314

seriously Zexion.. its not a big deal =/
they arent even forcing you to pay for a sub fee, but they do have to make money somehow to keep the content coming and servers running

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

I made 10g simply off of farming and selling candy corn over 4-ish hours. I really dont see the problem here..

Besides, its not like you NEED the skin anyways..

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Whitenight.5106

Whitenight.5106

its worse than pay to win…Anet ask you to buy keys just to gamble skins.

At least p2w you get what u paid for…

As for the craft-able one….why would anyone in their logical mind not saving the mats for legendary.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

I’ve yet to see evidence anywhere that Anet are ‘asking’ you to buy anything at all…

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kathmandu.2417

Kathmandu.2417

its worse than pay to win…Anet ask you to buy keys just to gamble skins.

Where is it worse? You are free to gamble or not to gamble. If you do – it’s your choice. If you don’t then you are not punished elsewhere in the game. So what’s the whining is all about?

13th November. The Grind Wars begin.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

because it’s easier to make? And sometimes a legendary isn’t their cup of tea. Like right now, I wish I bought the skin of the shield when it was still pretty cheap. Now it’s astronomical and I doubt it’ll go down any time soon, if at all. Guess I’ll go back on my long track for a legendary shield then =/

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mandrew.2853

Mandrew.2853

You serious? 10g for a sick skin is way worth it. I can make 10g in a couple days by just playing the game. if they were any cheaper everyone would have one and they would have a prestigious level of zero. Don’t even bother for legendary if 10g is unobtainable for you buddy, no offense. Try doing some dungeons and some cursed shore events, they should bring in some good $.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

I would spend money in buy the SKINS in the Gem Store itself, than have the mad luck game where we all are loosing our Gems in Keys, or time farming the game like crazy.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DarkBurst.6820

DarkBurst.6820

I can tell you that I opened 130 chests (Full Explorer’s Gear, Magic Find Boost, MF Food) and I got nothing out of it.

Knew I shouldn’t have spent the gems. kitten Black cat crossed my path today. :/

So moral of the story? Even if you spent the $$$ to get gems, you won’t necessarily get the skins you’re looking for. Save up the gold, and buy it off the TP.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

reading forums makes me wonder about humanity….

You get items that are usable from the chests 100% of the time. The skins are a cosmetic extra, that is chance. You’re responsible for making that decision. Not anyone else.

Don’t have time to farm for a skin? Then get it next year. It’s a skin, not an “I win” button. Doesn’t affect gameplay at all.

There is nothing to complain about here except pointing out faults with gamers having HUGE jealousy and envy issues.

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kasen.9032

Kasen.9032

they arent even forcing you to pay for a sub fee, but they do have to make money somehow to keep the content coming and servers running

I totally agree with you Caithe I wish more people would realize that Anet needs to make money somehow to keep the game going and keep giving us updates. It’s all about choice you can buy gems or not buy them.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: thavleifrim.4176

thavleifrim.4176

how is it not fair? needing considerable effort is not the same as being unfair.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Reevac.1748

Reevac.1748

1. You can’t prove people actually opened 200 chests and got nothing, people will say ANYTHING on a forum to make a point.
2. I am sure you will get something by the end of the week for completing the rest of the quest chain.
3. The price will go down towards the end of the event.
4. Lay off the entitlement please.

I opened 17 got 5 keys from those 17. 23 total I got 2 skins. So i highly doubt people opened 200 and got 0.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Thesalesman.8350

Thesalesman.8350

So if you would IRL buy something like national lottery ticket and not win anything it is right to complain to them about it?
Theres a chance to win, you either do win or you dont. By taking part in it you aknowledge the possibility of not winning anything.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DumpTruck.2945

DumpTruck.2945

ya its really not worth all the gold and irl cash to open chests considering the gem market price has sky rocketed since the patch… say you spend 20 gold to get 1000 gems and buy keys you have a unreasonable chance to get a weapon skin from the chests… or you can take that same 20 gold and just buy the skin from the TP..

I wasted 10g on gems last night and I’m kicking myself in the a## because i could have used that to buy one of TP.. I’m a poor casual player and i thought i would get lucky.. not going to fall for this trickery again…

Bleedingmascara – Lvl 80 Ranger
Fort ASSpenwood – The Many Beards of Liam Neeson[MBLN]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: dahkot.3579

dahkot.3579

/stomp foot

/stomp foot

/stomp foot

/roll in floor kicking and screaming

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Teknomancer.8475

Teknomancer.8475

I converted gold into gems a while back, then bought all the keys I anticipated I would need for the event. Got 1 of the chainsaw skins , a scythe, and some shoulderpads. All from around 70ish chests opened. I sold the shoulderpads and Sword skin in the TP and made my money back plus a little bit. When Anet publicly stated there was going to be weapon skins in the black lion chests why did more people not start buying keys then , I don’t understand.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DumpTruck.2945

DumpTruck.2945

@teknomancer ya i thought about doing the same but i took the other route and bought 5 stacks of black lion chests expecting the price for them to go up but again i mis judged the market and now I’m screwed lol. spent about 2 gold expected to make triple my money back but now it looks like I’m going to lose out considering the price for the chests are plummeting. I’m going to hang on to the chests til the end of the event to see if they fix the chest drop chance then maybe i won’t lose as much

Bleedingmascara – Lvl 80 Ranger
Fort ASSpenwood – The Many Beards of Liam Neeson[MBLN]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Skar Hand.5037

Skar Hand.5037

I honestly have to believe this was a troll thread…even my 6 year old knows better then to say “I’ll never (XYZ), it’s NOT FAIR”.

Seriously, lol. I think somebody needs a spanking. Or at the very least a time out…

I need to be able to dodge and leave a clone behind at work/home.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: stealthsnakenl.6048

stealthsnakenl.6048

why do people think they need 2 own everything in these games?
if everyone got everything it wasn’t very special now was it?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CorruptedSave.2570

CorruptedSave.2570

I totally agree with you Caithe I wish more people would realize that Anet needs to make money somehow to keep the game going and keep giving us updates. It’s all about choice you can buy gems or not buy them.

Well, with enough kitten off customers, they won’t be getting as much money as they could. That being said, I’m not giving them any.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Obsosaurus.1259

Obsosaurus.1259

Never is a strong word, we can assume the mats will be the same next year so you have 365 days to gather the required mats.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: serena smith.2734

serena smith.2734

Never is a strong word, we can assume the mats will be the same next year so you have 365 days to gather the required mats.

That’s correct and probably the new skins will be cooler, plus why so much rush for
skins, save your money for Christmas events, at least that Holiday event should last longer than Halloween

When the wind is so strong that you almost can hear a whisper calling your name..
This is your calling, to The battle of your life.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I think they need to get the economics under wrap. Having one high end item for patch is okay for that market. Having all of them turn into high end or cash shop is rather poor balance.

We’ll have to see if anything else comes along in the event to correct this but so far… yeah it’s rather ridiculous. People won’t want to tune into new content if it’s only for the ultra auction kings who are already rich.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

Well, with enough kitten off customers, they won’t be getting as much money as they could. That being said, I’m not giving them any.

Ok?

Didn’t know you could see the future.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

I made 10g simply off of farming and selling candy corn over 4-ish hours. I really dont see the problem here..

Besides, its not like you NEED the skin anyways..

Achievement unlocked: candy corn exploiter found.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

@Denial Of Service.5732

Achievement unlocked: kittenumption guy found

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

@Reevac

Just because you got lucky doesn’t mean everybody else will too. I opened around 80 boxes and got one skin. I budget $100 a month for myself for “leisure” of which I spent $45 for one skin. It sucks, but I took the chance.

Unfortunately, I got a skin I didn’t even want, but at least I was able to sell it for 30g.

Also, I’m okay with the way ANet is handling the chests. I wish the drop rate was a little higher, but they have to make money somehow. People seem to be forgetting that GW2 uses a F2P model.

[Edit: And a pretty darn good F2P model at that. Just look at SWTOR announced “F2P” model and thank your lucky stars.]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

I’m tired of holiday items being limited time random drops/luck based. Tends to suck the fun out of these events.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Where does this F2P argument keep coming from?

The game is barely 2 months old, we paid more by buying the game than we would for a sub fee for those 2 months. Can only become better value in time of course, granted.

2 months in, we get this total sale of the gem shop at this event, cashing in massively for the company again.

But people say it’s free to play.
B2P is not F2P.

If it really was F2P than a cash shop is about the only resource for direct player income.
But it’s not… we already paid.

Of course they need more money, and the shop is a good way for that.
But since it’s B2P and not F2P they should have held back on the cashing in a bit…

You can’t go around pissing of your best paying customers just like that, you need them for future income still.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Halloween Event

nldixon.8514

The game is barely 2 months old, we paid more by buying the game than we would for a sub fee for those 2 months. Can only become better value in time of course, granted.

2 months in, we get this total sale of the gem shop at this event, cashing in massively for the company again.

B2P is not F2P.

If it really was F2P than a cash shop is about the only resource for direct player income.

But since it’s B2P and not F2P they should have held back on the cashing in a bit…

You can’t go around pissing of your best paying customers just like that, you need them for future income still.

You don’t HAVE to spend a single dollar. You can buy the skins that people are selling on the BLTC. You can spend gold you make in game to buy gems for the BLTC.

The game, aside from the initial purchase, is F2P.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

When the entire game is about skins, its ridiculous to defend your point by saying people “dont need” anything and just play.

Working hard for something its understandable, but the amount of work required to get a BLC skin is not within reasonable “hard work” range. I’m working for the legendary, i’m planning on getting the craft items from the recipes too, but the drop chance from the BLC is a problem no matter how you put it.

Saying that if you dont want to you dont need to get anything is true, but in that mentality alot of people will be playing this game without getting anything because anet is putting the standards a little too high, this is a holiday event not a legendary quest, while some of the items should be rare, the situation shouldnt be as it is now where people are about to get out of the event without anything to remember it by.

in Halloween Event

Kimbald.2697

B2P is not F2P.

You don’t HAVE to spend a single dollar. You can buy the skins that people are selling on the BLTC. You can spend gold you make in game to buy gems for the BLTC.

The game, aside from the initial purchase, is F2P.

‘aside from the initial purchase’ is what makes it not F2P but Buy to play.
Especially when only 2 months in.

On the other point you’re right: no one was forced to buy something from the shop.
Just remember that those who did are the ones supporting the game the most.

in Halloween Event

nldixon.8514

When the entire game is about skins, its ridiculous to defend your point by saying people “dont need” anything and just play.

Working hard for something its understandable, but the amount of work required to get a BLC skin is not within reasonable “hard work” range. I’m working for the legendary, i’m planning on getting the craft items from the recipes too, but the drop chance from the BLC is a problem no matter how you put it.

Saying that if you dont want to you dont need to get anything is true, but in that mentality alot of people will be playing this game without getting anything because anet is putting the standards a little too high, this is a holiday event not a legendary quest, while some of the items should be rare, the situation shouldnt be as it is now where people are about to get out of the event without anything to remember it by.

The even just started, so saying that people aren’t going to get anything is ridiculous.

Second, GW2 isn’t based on acquiring skins. You’re thinking of Pokemon. There is no advantage to looking different except looking different. If you WANT to look different you have two choices. Choice A is to spend money to buy what you want. Choice B is to spend gold to buy what you want.

You’re buying aesthetics in GW2. There is no advantage from spending cash except for convenience.

‘aside from the initial purchase’ is what makes it not F2P but Buy to play.
Especially when only 2 months in.

On the other point you’re right: no one was forced to buy something from the shop.
Just remember that those who did are the ones supporting the game the most.

I misunderstood the point you were trying to make. I think we’re defining F2P a little differently. F2P, to me, is not having to pay a subscription fee to play. I don’t really consider the initial purchase of the game to be paying to play, since you’re essentially paying for the development of the game (and packing and all that other stuff that happens) whereas the cash shop pays for the maintenance and upkeep of the game.

Just splitting hairs!

(edited by nldixon.8514)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hughs.6549

Hughs.6549

Lysico.4906

Then don’t do it..

IT is a skin, not something that makes you better at the game.
The amount of hand wringing and complaints over something as silly as an appearance items is mind boggling

looks is what this game is all about. So saying that people “don’t need skins”, “are not forced to get them” is kinda supid.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: thekemp.5967

thekemp.5967

The problem here isn’t the fact that the weapons are a low drop rate, That’s completely normal, even mandatory if you want to make specific items “rare”

The problem is the fact it uses real currency, You could argue that gems are no longer money when they are converted from cash to gems, But they have a verified exchange rate. You’re gambling to get something good, and encouraging gambling to a young audience isn’t exactly something you should be doing on a holiday event.

If the rare items were in the crates permanently it would be somewhat less of a problem, the supply would always be there. and we all get free keys now and then. the fact it’s for a limited duration exacerbates the gambling aspect because you won’t be able to try again in a few weeks.

I have no qualms about the other outfits and such available on the gem store(although i wouldn’t mind something just as cool for people who “only” bought your game, even on a low drop rate), The problem lies within the fact you’re paying (A LOT) of money for only a “chance” at the only real, long term, tradable, good looking skins.

let me reiterate, I understand Anet and it’s overlords have certain requirements in terms of financial support, but this is not the way to do it. This isn’t 2003, This isn’t Vegas or Korea(Or maybe it is for you)

Before i get quoted and told off about how you can transfer gold to gems and get keys that way and you could farm the gold to do so, lets just remember that the drop chance is around 2% give or take, that’s 50 keys, at 125 gems each, around 1.50 gold(?) each Give or take. that’s 75 gold just for a “good” chance. This is unacceptable.

I do appreciate the rest of the content implemented so far with the Halloween event, Please don’t assume i’m some sort of kitten troll, I’m working on getting my second character to 80 and i’m enjoying it.

Remember kids, gambling is bad, don’t let the corporations fool you, you won’t get a 7 foot chainsaw sword in real life.

P.S This isn’t a free to play game, that argument is completely and irrevocably Invalid. We all paid the price of a AAA game, and a great deal of us have bought gems, we have a right as consumers to state our opinion on the current state and heading of micro transactions, i for one, will never buy a single gem if this happens again at Christmas. It’s shameful business practices, Gambling should never be a business model in a game which is available for children.

in Halloween Event

nldixon.8514

In all fairness, it’s not ANet’s responsibility to teach teenagers about the dangers of alcohol, gambling, or chainsaw swords.

If parents aren’t keeping tabs on what their children are doing and they end up being drunken gambling addicts with chainsaw swords, that is fully on the shoulders of the parents and not ANet.

in Halloween Event

Kimbald.2697

nldixon, it’s a bit more than splitting hairs on the b2p or f2p thing i’m afraid:

they sold 2 million copies, so b2p in my explanation but call it whatever you want

Important is that this was way more than they anticipated or ‘needed’ for their costs made.

So because it is indeed b2p and only 2 months in the game, and because the sales were so high… they didn’t need to milk the cash shop this harsh, so early.
They didn’t need the income badly yet. more money is always good for a company, but it is way too soon to say they needed it so bad they should risk disapointing their most paying customers.

The money gained wasn’t needed enough to risk the reputation lost.

in Halloween Event

nldixon.8514

nldixon, it’s a bit more than splitting hairs on the b2p or f2p thing i’m afraid:

they sold 2 million copies, so b2p in my explanation but call it whatever you want

Important is that this was way more than they anticipated or ‘needed’ for their costs made.

So because it is indeed b2p and only 2 months in the game, and because the sales were so high… they didn’t need to milk the cash shop this harsh, so early.
They didn’t need the income badly yet. more money is always good for a company, but it is way too soon to say they needed it so bad they should risk disapointing their most paying customers.

It’s not even 12 hours into the (240ish hour) event, yet people are already on the forums screaming bloody murder about unfairness.

The sense of entitlement in this day and age is absolutely appalling. Not sure what else to say.

in Halloween Event

thekemp.5967

In all fairness, it’s not ANet’s responsibility to teach teenagers about the dangers of alcohol, gambling, or chainsaw swords.

If parents aren’t keeping tabs on what their children are doing and they end up being drunken gambling addicts with chainsaw swords, that is fully on the shoulders of the parents and not ANet.

Yeah, But they aren’t rewarding or encouraging me to drink alcohol.

As it stands right now the only way to get those weapon skins is gambling.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Snipps.1532

Snipps.1532

I respectfully disagree with your main thought. Unless we know Anet’s business model, what their operating costs were and are, what they have already begun work on for future content, the staffing requirements etc. then we can’t know what they need in the way of income. We have no idea what their investment is in the future of the game and where it’s coming from. Basically, we can’t make definitive statements like the last one above without knowing the financial details of Anet beyond broad numbers thrown around from purchases, etc. It would be better to perhaps say you don’t think they should charge this much this soon because it may look bad rather than statements of fact around their need for funding.

in Halloween Event

nldixon.8514

Patently untrue. You can also spend some of your money to buy the skins on the BLTC.

It works just like it does in real life. You can either work hard and save your hard earned money (gold) and buy what you want or you can spend all your hard earned money (gold or cash) on lottery tickets (keys).

Nobody is forcing you to buy lottery tickets every day are they? So why do you feel like you have to buy keys in order to get what you want? You could, you know, spend some time crafting, farming or grinding get the exact same results. It just takes longer, but there is a guaranteed chance that you will eventually get what you want.

in Halloween Event

Kimbald.2697

I respectfully disagree with your main thought. Unless we know Anet’s business model, what their operating costs were and are, what they have already begun work on for future content, the staffing requirements etc. then we can’t know what they need in the way of income. We have no idea what their investment is in the future of the game and where it’s coming from. Basically, we can’t make definitive statements like the last one above without knowing the financial details of Anet beyond broad numbers thrown around from purchases, etc. It would be better to perhaps say you don’t think they should charge this much this soon because it may look bad rather than statements of fact around their need for funding.

point taken, you’re actually right.
I should rephrase it as what i consider to be very bad looking in the public’s eye.
From a customers point of view it seems greedy and rushed that they started milking the cow this fast after getting all those launch sales.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Minus.3478

Minus.3478

At this rate, better off trading gems for gold, or using ‘the other method’, not gamble and get exactly what you want. But eventually we will run out of skins and the price will just keep going up and up.

The thing is, these will probably be worth more then legendy weapons since you can always/eventually get your legendry, these will be perma gone in 2 weeks.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

The even just started, so saying that people aren’t going to get anything is ridiculous.

Second, GW2 isn’t based on acquiring skins. You’re thinking of Pokemon. There is no advantage to looking different except looking different. If you WANT to look different you have two choices. Choice A is to spend money to buy what you want. Choice B is to spend gold to buy what you want.

You’re buying aesthetics in GW2. There is no advantage from spending cash except for convenience.

Are you serious? This game is all about skins, just as gw1 was, the only thing you got right in all this is that this game isnt about advantages because unlike wow or other games where there are stat differences, but thats exactly it, our progress is defined by skins.

While the skins for this event isnt a necessity, at the same time I disagree with the BLC drop rate, agreeing with this or letting this go will only set the game in a direction and thats not something I hope to see where every holiday/event’s premiere items are set up in ridiculous chances/prices.

I’m tired to see fanatic white knighting everywhere because in the end its only people like this that stay in the game while my original friendlist which are the more casual players or guild barely log in anymore due to the high standard anet set for these things, gw1 made you grind in events for things and that was ok, they took it up a notch in gw2 and I simply cant agree with that.

in Halloween Event

thekemp.5967

Patently untrue. You can also spend some of your money to buy the skins on the BLTC.

It works just like it does in real life. You can either work hard and save your hard earned money (gold) and buy what you want or you can spend all your hard earned money (gold or cash) on lottery tickets (keys).

Nobody is forcing you to buy lottery tickets every day are they? So why do you feel like you have to buy keys in order to get what you want? You could, you know, spend some time crafting, farming or grinding get the exact same results. It just takes longer, but there is a guaranteed chance that you will eventually get what you want.

Those skins still come from the same location though, they might be selling them on the TP but they still got them from the crates. Besides, the greatsword skin is 43g, a low level player could never grind that, It would take some freakin’ insane effort even with my 80 necro. All the while the prices go up more due to the event ending before i can get the appropriate amount of money.

I don’t buy lottery tickets, I’m not a moron, similarly, Anet isn’t getting my money either now. But that’s irrelevant anyways, There shouldn’t be a god kitten lottery here in the first place. Not for real money.

The recipe is practically a semi-legendary, it’s price is more ridiculous than enough keys to ensure a decent chance of success.

Like i said, I’m not opposed to rare drops in general, Only when they’re seeded through rare drop of a premium item. That’s not the way to do microtransactions, it’s a one time deal. I guarantee the a large amount, if not the majority of people who bought keys this event won’t do so again.

in Halloween Event

Kimbald.2697

Welcome to life. Get used to it.

I actually think the people at Anet take this very serious, regardless of the fact if they think they did something wrong or not. I still am convinced that any business company would ring the alarm when their customer base suddenly explodes in complaints like this.

simply accepting bad fortune without seeing it as a problem that can be adressed, is rather weak I think.
Try to solve it first, roll over when you can’t