I'm actually in shock over how much effort was put into this event

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Finally, something positive in this forum! Thank you, OP
I agree, btw – it really isn’t about what awesome loot you get, but how much fun you have on the way – and there are lots of ways to enjoy yourself in this event.
Although I am not surprised at its scope – GW1 was very similar that way

Polka will never die

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

“Two PvP modes (Lunatic Inquisition and Reaper’s Rumble). I really hope the Inquisition becomes a permanent mode later.”

I preferred the Rumble. I hope Rumble will be permanent later. Should be with other map and no halloween theme and you should play a normal sPvP char with the the skills of your class.

Then while halloween or other events changed to fit the event.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ExistenceByProxy.5827

ExistenceByProxy.5827

Agreed. All in all, this was clearly a solid effort. I can’t wait for the last event on the 31st, and yet I wish it was all sticking around a bit longer. Anet, your developers deserve a large round of applause. Can’t wait to see what is lined up for Thanksgiving, Xmas, and most importantly, my birthday.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

People complain and whine all the time. Entitlements and first world problems.

The content was amazing. Can we critique it? Sure. Constructive criticism is always good and adds to the events. Or points out bugs.

Just whining over free and additional content for the sake of hearing yourself speak doesn’t do anything.

If I would critique anything, it would be the Act 1 pace being slow. I enjoyed grinding on the doors, but can understand that after doing a few, people would be wondering where the events are. It would be nice to have the doors enemies invade the zone in a large area and need to be pushed back and the doors destroyed. Something more interactive in a “in your face” way.

I love the “legendary” weapons added. I want more! That’s a great thing to see something and be inspired to want them to add even more. Imagine the next waves.

Armor sets. It would have been awesome to have a Mad King set that looks Lunatic-y. The current one was recycled, but that’s fine. I’d just hope next year it becomes a set.

The Page hunt hints are a bit vague at times, and finding the locations that reward ToTs made many new players ask “is this it?” not knowing there were more locations for the ghosts. It is incredibly easy after the fact, but could have had more ghosts at the ToT locations that directed players with more hints and dialog to the ghost they needed. Basically, more ghosts with more information to guide players in the hunt.

And the jump puzzle could transform the players into ghosts or miniatures to help with the player models blocking each other’s view. (Although, I like it as is with the interference, I wouldn’t mind a change to help the players that hate it and give us more holiday spirit)

The events were great, and without any changes I’ll enjoy them next year as well. The possible changes just make it that much better.

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Anet,

You did a fantastic job with this event. I’ve never seen anything of this scale before in a week long holiday event. The Inquisition is probably the most fun I’ve had in PvP in a long, long time. My heart races as I navigate the labyrinth trying to outwit my pursuers. I had a lot of fun, leaping to my death, fighting the Mad King. All this candy corn is going to make me rich after the event, and I’m looking forward to crafting my exotic Halloween staff within the coming months.

There’s a lot of negativism out there from the lottery that’s polluting people’s perception of the event, don’t let that bother you (and be careful with lotteries in the future, lol)! I can’t think of another game that’s had this much content as a permanent addition to the game, much less a temporary event.

Despite how miserable I am over different aspects of the game (necromancer, WvW, culling, overpowered classes, etc..), I didn’t let it dilute the fun I had. You deserve all the praise you get.

GJ! Can’t wait for Christmas and this mysterious November patch!

P.S. There’s a special place in hades for the developers that made the clocktower! :P

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

I was talking about this with my guild on the weekend. We all agreed that Anet have put a huge amount effort into this Halloween and that it thoroughly beats any other MMO seasonal event we’ve seen.

We spent hours on the clock tower and loved it (we’re already wondering if Christmas will bring jumping from bauble to bauble on a giant rotating Christmas tree!), the scavenger hunt was a lot of fun – it’s nice to have to solve clues rather than have the locations handed to you.

One guy said the Lunatic Inquisition is the best pvp mode ever, he really loved it. The labyrinth map looks awesome. The haunted doors are cool. I love that the Mad King is trying to climb out of the statue every now and then.

The dungeon is really good too. We were happy to see that the Mad King had a few % phases and a numerous mechanics – this bodes well for future dungeon design! The dungeon itself looks great (love the space) and it was fun chasing him around it. The little bit of jumping puzzle in there was a nice extra.

I finished the dungeon on my 80 and then went back with a friend and we 2 manned it on our alts (lvl 47 mesmer & lvl 18 elementalist) just to see if we could. Took an hour and a half but that was a pretty epic fight.

The decorations everywhere look awesome.

I think my favourite bit has to be the clock tower. It was so satisfying to beat it.

All in all, I feel like you earned my gem store purchases, Anet. (2 costumes & the mini’s.) There’s so much more unique content than I was expecting.

I can’t wait to see what you do for Christmas!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vrede.8942

Vrede.8942

Great to see a good post like this.
I have played MMO’s for a long time and Anet has blown my mind with this event.
Just wanted to thank Anet for creating this awesome event and for the people I bumped into and had tons of fun with while doing puzzles.

The Goonie who wasn’t in the movie.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nevermore.5487

Nevermore.5487

Yeah, really good job developers. I’m specially amused with new Mad King Dungeon and Clocktower – the most entertaining puzzle so far. Keep up the good work

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ickorus.4518

Ickorus.4518

I agree but the only complaint is that for example beating the mad king in the dungeon is not worth it. I solod it because I can’t group and basically it was a waste of time, since the only achievement you get there is the one when you enter. Loot was absolutely abysmal. :/
Otherwise it’s all good, just the common mistake in GW2 of dungeons not rewarding people anything.

I think the thing Anet are trying to drive home for people is that their game isn’t an endless grind for loot, you’re supposed to play the dungeon because it’s fun, not for the reward it offers.

I for one loved it and I got greens that couldn’t be used by any of my three regular characters.

Guild: Afterlife [AFTL] (Piken Square)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: douceline.2741

douceline.2741

Totally thrilled with it, even though I have ragequit the Clock Tower so many times (kudos to those who had the willpower to keep trying and succeed!) The Mad King event yesterday was fantastic, too. Having a blast all around!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GreyFeathers.8175

GreyFeathers.8175

Great Job on Halloween !

I’ve been loving the event and I can’t wait to see what Wintersday in Tyria is going to be like. I wonder of the gods are going to make a return or if Tyria has somehow managed to get by without Grenth and Dwayna fighting each year ?

Honor is limited only by the limitations that we place upon ourselves.

(edited by GreyFeathers.8175)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

AAA+ event, sadly stained with some problems like exploits, bugs, or some design requiring more testing but for sure (at least i hope so) these guys will take it in account for future events. Im enjoying it despite my bad luck

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LoVeRSaMa.3289

LoVeRSaMa.3289

A very good event, better than any MMO I have played, the quality, the models and the animations all things that take so much time..

I really love this game!

[SinS] Clan Leader – www.SinfulShadows.com – Stormbridge Isle – Necromancer