I'm disappointed by this five second cutscene

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stratzvyda.3921

Stratzvyda.3921

The one time only can’t miss event was a five second cutscene? That’s why you pissed off most of your international fan base? You didn’t want to show a five second cutscene? Why wouldn’t that be repeatable?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: spacemayu.4817

spacemayu.4817

I agree!!!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Because the statue is destroyed only once, and the portal is opened only once. It’s about keeping the world persistent, and not instanced for everyone.
They did overhype the cutscene, but that’s just marketing. You shouldn’t have been pissed in the first place, even if you might have missed the ‘one-time event’ not knowing what it was, since ANet made it quite clear it’s not something achievement-related nor something that will impede your progress, but something to watch (the YT and streaming comments).

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

oh shut up and stop complaining you big whining baby.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Trickyg.8752

Trickyg.8752

If anyone can’t handle missing a 5 second cutscene in a game they need to have their life values rechecked.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sorry.6741

Sorry.6741

For the duration of that cutscene I was envisioning The Mad King on a rampage in LA, and us all fighting him off, with all sorts of his minions wrecking havoc around the square. A real big event for everyone who showed up.

Instead he chickens out and retreats to his lalaland?

End cutscene; – and I have just decided not to “wait” around for special events like this one in the future, because honestly that was a bit of a letdown, and so my expectations are way lower now, and thus dont warrant the anticipation I had today. The dungeon is great, but I can do that whenever I want to for the duration of halloween, the 5 second cutscene was not worth the hype (what did the forum banner call it, a one-time event? experience?) whatever.

I dont understand the OP but Im guessing he meant the cutscene was overhyped same as I do now that I’ve experienced both the waiting and the actual cutscene :P

(edited by Sorry.6741)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

I expected, or hoped for, a dynamic event, not a cutscene and a little icon saying a 5 man instance opened.

I was pretty unimpressed with the whole thing.

This doesn’t mean i’ll be unimpressed with the instance itself, just with the hyped up ‘event’.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

If they didn’t market and/or hype it… there’d be a mob of people screaming that they missed it. Dang’d if you do, dang’d if you don’t.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Burkderp.3904

Burkderp.3904

Abysmal disappointment. It could have easily been repeatable yet they played the spoilers card.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Thrace.2036

Thrace.2036

All they needed was an NPC near the hole. You could talk to him say
“What happened?”
Then he could say “This” and it would show the cut scene for those who missed it.

in Halloween Event

Kimbald.2697

If they didn’t market and/or hype it… there’d be a mob of people screaming that they missed it. Dang’d if you do, dang’d if you don’t.

there was a mob screaming they didn’t want to miss it, maybe you didn’t notice.
And they were screaming simply because… it was hyped up as a big event that you just shouldn’t have missed.

Except going from ‘crumbling statue’ to ‘no statue’ there was absolutely nothing in the game world to be missed.
A cutscene that short doesn’t count as an event.

So they’re only ‘danged’ because they hyped it, not because being ‘danged’ was inevitable.

But at least, when the crashing is handled, it will prove a fun instance.
Not arguing that it’s all bad.
Just that it was hardly worth the name ‘event’.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

I’m so disappointed it’s not even funny.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Trickyg.8752

Trickyg.8752

I missed a 5 second cutscene in a video game, someone kill me!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nooka.8390

Nooka.8390

First and foremost, thanks for the event. In the future, please don’t do that again.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

The cutscene repeats periodically. It just repeated on me twice.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Watch it on youtube. I actually liked it better when I saw a different version reoccur in game just a few mins back, because it doesn’t cut away from your character.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tenicord.9803

Tenicord.9803

I don’t know what people would expect. This is pretty much what I figured it would be. Something with the fountain changing. It was pretty cool because we got to see the Mad King for the first time and also I would like to point out… there would be even MORE complaining if they didn’t announce this 5 second cutscene, so they did the right thing.

It’s over the internet. Make the video full screen and it’s just like you were there. Problem solved. To people disappointed that the event wasn’t bigger, keep in mind there is a big Halloween even that’s been going on for days and will continue for days after. This was only a piece of that.

Also it appears that a cooler version happens every now and then when you’re in Lion’s Arch… so you still get to see the action. shrug

“Our Time Is Now”
Waylon- lvl 80 Guardian
Trism – lvl 80 Engineer

(edited by Tenicord.9803)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

The one time only can’t miss event was a five second cutscene? That’s why you pissed off most of your international fan base? You didn’t want to show a five second cutscene? Why wouldn’t that be repeatable?

Cutscene was around 40 seconds

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Halloween Event

Posted by: guide.1487

guide.1487

Remember THEY didn’t overhype it, WE overhyped it with the constant complaints and omg omg omg omg once in a lifetime thing.

Your number one source for Guild Wars 2 Guides and Information:

http://almarsguides.com/

in Halloween Event

Posted by: applekwisp.2139

applekwisp.2139

the cutscene actually repeats itself from what ive seen

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Oh THAT’S what it was. In my cutscene, the Mad King was missing. So the camera was just spinning around a hole while laughter was going on.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MDK.1502

MDK.1502

Wow, you guys are hilarious. If this was any other game all you’d get for Halloween was an npc giving out pumpkins… ANET have gone WAY beyond the call of duty for this event, giving us more jumping puzzles and new maps, 2 new types of pvp games, and a new dungeon … FOR FREE. Not to mention the update that’s coming in November.

If you’re so mad and think you’re hard done to for this FREE and original content, I suggest you leave … the community will gladly be rid of you. All I see is cry cry cry, get a life for god’s sake

in Halloween Event

Kimbald.2697

Remember THEY didn’t overhype it, WE overhyped it with the constant complaints and omg omg omg omg once in a lifetime thing.

oh yes they did… making it world wide because it was too special to see later on Youtube…

Read their posts about it, they hyped it up beyond believe, seeing what it turned out to be.

The player hype came after that, because it was announced soooo special, that many feared to miss it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

Wow, you guys are hilarious. If this was any other game all you’d get for Halloween was an npc giving out pumpkins… ANET have gone WAY beyond the call of duty for this event, giving us more jumping puzzles and new maps, 2 new types of pvp games, and a new dungeon … FOR FREE. Not to mention the update that’s coming in November.

If you’re so mad and think you’re hard done to for this FREE and original content, I suggest you leave … the community will gladly be rid of you. All I see is cry cry cry, get a life for god’s sake

So much this…sheesh.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ailsan.6327

Ailsan.6327

oh shut up and stop complaining you big whining baby.

There does seem to be an overabundance of of whiners and complainers on these forums.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Beherit.9710

Beherit.9710

It was pretty nice cut scene, i dont know what all of u whining about. and yes, YOU guild wars fans and community overhype EVERYTHING about guild wars. first, the game itself [i remember dudes in beta events yelling ‘give my money back’] then shadow of mad king, now the ‘big event’. its sunday evening [or noon, depends where u r living] and devs sits there and repair broken dungeon :> cutscene was FUN and its good that it was made.

in Halloween Event

Kimbald.2697

not for free:
2 million cpopies sold
a heavily pushed gem shop

in a game 2 months old… we paid for it.

And you can’t argue that they could decide not to do anything at all. Since they can’t: they have to keep their playerbase amused with events, it’s about all they have going that’s possibly new.

They are forced to do this to keep their players interested, and yes: we already paid for it.

note: the community might be glad to be rid of us, the company itself would not be. And if the funding slows down, the development will slow down.
Once the money gets tight, I would like to see how much Anet still gives ‘for free’.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

Oh THAT’S what it was. In my cutscene, the Mad King was missing. So the camera was just spinning around a hole while laughter was going on.

Hahah! That’s what happened for me as well. Much cooler with Thorn

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zuumaru.8512

Zuumaru.8512

How was it disappointing? I thought it looked amazing, graphics were good.
It’s YOUR guys fault for setting the bar too high. They told you that you wouldnt be missing anything, they told you you could watch it on Youtube. Seriously your nit picking at the stupidest little thing.
This was a WORLD EVENT. They dont repeat things like this because that what it means. It’s not like you missed an achive, or a goodie bag or anything, your just tooting your horn.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

All they needed was an NPC near the hole. You could talk to him say
“What happened?”
Then he could say “This” and it would show the cut scene for those who missed it.

This. As simply as this. No need to force everyone to be there or miss it, causing a lot of login and crash issues :S

At least they’ve learned the lesson for Wintersday

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

Would it be better if it was some super awesome thing that everyone absolutely wanted? How would that be fair to everyone that couldn’t make it?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MDK.1502

MDK.1502

not for free:
2 million cpopies sold
a heavily pushed gem shop

in a game 2 months old… we paid for it.

And you can’t argue that they could decide not to do anything at all. Since they can’t: they have to keep their playerbase amused with events, it’s about all they have going that’s possibly new.

They are forced to do this to keep their players interested, and yes: we already paid for it.

note: the community might be glad to be rid of us, the company itself would not be. And if the funding slows down, the development will slow down.
Once the money gets tight, I would like to see how much Anet still gives ‘for free’.

A gem shop that you can buy items from with in-game gold? Oh no…someone get the credit card out!
It’s an MMO with no monthly fee… at the same price as the latest ‘A-list’ games that are single player RPG’s (who do not provide holiday content like this, and which can be ‘completed’ in less time).
You’re not seriously trying to argue that your £40 should provide you with endless updates for years and years to come?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

BE HAPPY is just a cutscene and not a full event, so everyone doesn’t get pissed off, so many whiners nowadays.

Read this again:

A gem shop that you can buy items from with in-game gold? Oh no…someone get the credit card out!
It’s an MMO with no monthly fee… at the same price as the latest ‘A-list’ games that are single player RPG’s (who do not provide holiday content like this, and which can be ‘completed’ in less time).
You’re not seriously trying to argue that your £40 should provide you with endless updates for years and years to come?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

But it was such a special surprise, I’m glad I cancelled all my plans for it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tinantier.5964

Tinantier.5964

This about covers it I think – seriously, quit crying, it’s not like you are paying to play the game ….

Attachments:

Yasma – Mesmer – Divine Legend – Desolation

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

This about covers it I think – seriously, quit crying, it’s not like you are paying to play the game ….

Maybe if they didn’t hype up absolutely nothing.

So many people are mad because they had to miss it, if those people knew it was just a kitten cut scene they wouldn’t have cared.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nivex.5863

nivex.5863

Very cool cutscene. The only issue here is the endless amount of whiners. Either way, nice job ArenaNet.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Man, there is no pleasing you people. You’re just making yourselves look more and more like entitled whiners with every complaint.

You’re not paying a monthly fee – and this has been, BY FAR, the most comprehensive holiday event I’ve ever played in any MMO. And there is STILL one act to go. Maybe you should thank the team for all their hard work instead of stomping your feet and screaming.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Solesaver.8764

Solesaver.8764

I don’t think you can honestly deny that the cutscene was very cool. I am glad that I got to see it in game. It’s like, I was there when the mad King burst through the fountain in Lion’s arch, and then I jumped down into the pit to beat him back to hell.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Peinen.2953

Peinen.2953

I couldn’t agree more with Stark.1350.. so many entitled whiners, that when they don’t get what they want they cry none stop, it’s sickening