In my view, complaints about design isn't "OMG NERF" whining.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Radene.3194

Radene.3194

People have legitimate grievances with the clocktower. People feel that its difficulty comes not from the test of skill and hand-eye coordination it should come from, but from all kinds of other things, such as camera behavior, other players who might be trolling or just obstructing your view, and a few technical issues like “failing” while mid-jump way above the advancing floor of doom.

And people have a right to come to these forums, and speak their minds about it, without being bullied by other people, who seem to think “OMG L2P” is the answer to all the questions of life, universe and everything.

So do yourselves a favor and don’t post unless you actually have something to say. If you have to flex your awesomeness in such a hostile way, do it with people who will tolerate it.

And I’m out.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

Well said. I agree.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Gloating only adds to the offense for those who suffer the glitches, camera problems and other issues.

Looks like as they can’t go around PKing people, they need things like this to cause grief to others.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

The attacks on legitimate player concerns make this forum a VERY poor place to visit.

It’s a shame no one nerfs the insulting posters as quickly as they nerf player fun in game.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

There are real camera bugs, external forces creating problems as well. I personally don’t mind those who gloat, but as soon as they say L2P and call me kitten or something like that (someone did in another thread) I go and report them.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

And people have a right to come to these forums, and speak their minds about it, without being bullied by other people, who seem to think “OMG L2P” is the answer to all the questions of life, universe and everything.

What if what’s on my mind is that you should L2P (OMG optional)? Do I still have the right to speak my mind? Or am I only allowed to speak my mind when the content of my mind suits what you wish to hear? And in general does your right to speak your mind also include the right of forcing me to have to listen to what I have to say, or for that matter treat it with any type of respect or consideration?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RoChan.1926

RoChan.1926

What if what’s on my mind is that you should L2P (OMG optional)? Do I still have the right to speak my mind? Or am I only allowed to speak my mind when the content of my mind suits what you wish to hear? And in general does your right to speak your mind also include the right of forcing me to have to listen to what I have to say, or for that matter treat it with any type of respect or consideration?

You do know there is a difference between speaking your opinion and attacking someone’s opinion right?

Here let me give you an example of how to speak your mind without attacking someone else!

“I think the jumping puzzle is fine the way it is. I have not found any problem with the camera angles or anything else. Other players have been generally amazing in my experience when going through and do not bother me in the slightest when jumping. Overall it was very fun and I enjoyed it! I hope for more jumping puzzles like this one in the future!”

See that shows that you can think for yourself, have your own opinion on something, AND you don’t attack a person’s opinion with your opinion. THE MORE YOU KNOW.

Optee Kaal Allusion | The Evil Empire
[TRY][POV]
“Kitten the yaks, so persistent about everything.” -Ebay

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cariara.3297

Cariara.3297

I think the jumping puzzle is fine the way it is. I have not found any problem with the camera angles or anything else. Other players have been generally amazing in my experience when going through and do not bother me in the slightest when jumping. Overall it was very fun and I enjoyed it! I hope for more jumping puzzles like this one in the future!

As a side note, I’ve managed to make around 1g selling the candy corn from the bags you get from beating the puzzle.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vradiqa.2765

Vradiqa.2765

I think the players natural and random body type blocking the view of others is part of the challenge. It takes familiarity and skill to overcome it. Other than that, it’s either trolling or technical issues.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

To be honest I didn’t suffer from any kind of camera angle issues. Then again when I did the jumping puzzle, I always had my right mouse button held down as a I turn (everyone else did that right?) so I’m not really sure what kind of camera issues others are talking about.

You are going in a spiral, so you constantly need to keep turning to the right as you move forward.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

To be honest I didn’t suffer from any kind of camera angle issues. Then again when I did the jumping puzzle, I always had my right mouse button held down as a I turn (everyone else did that right?) so I’m not really sure what kind of camera issues others are talking about.

You are going in a spiral, so you constantly need to keep turning to the right as you move forward.

I do that too. I try to keep my camera right behind the character at all times, but I’m getting things like this all the time:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/920118814643470785/BC4D092F785B37ED20125085446B103D8DD7314D/

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vradiqa.2765

Vradiqa.2765

I do that too. I try to keep my camera right behind the character at all times, but I’m getting things like this all the time:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=104966104

Is this at the start after the platform breaks and materializes?

From my runs, certain platforms give weird camera angles. The ones I jump on to reach the end fastest were free of those glitches.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/920118814643470785/BC4D092F785B37ED20125085446B103D8DD7314D/

Oh, that looks bad. I wonder how that is caused. I used 1980*1080 resolution and my character was fully zoomed out so yet I’ve never experienced that. Mmm wonder if those 2 things listed are possible factors for it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Agreed to a certain extent, but it’s obvious that SOME people are just looking for excuses as to why they can’t complete it.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kevlon.2341

Kevlon.2341

I do have something say. Get good

in Halloween Event

Posted by: irinawds.9627

irinawds.9627

The basic, and stupid, argument has been “Because I can do it you can’t POSSIBLY be having the issue you are talking about… You’re just bad!”

Every issue in the world could be solved by making it possible to do it solo. At that point anyone who complained really WOULD be bad since it would be completely equal for everyone.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sabin.4590

Sabin.4590

I think the jumping puzzle is fine the way it is. I have not found any problem with the camera angles or anything else. Other players have been generally amazing in my experience when going through and do not bother me in the slightest when jumping. Overall it was very fun and I enjoyed it! I hope for more jumping puzzles like this one in the future!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: mrsrachelm.7618

mrsrachelm.7618

I appreciate the OP’s stance very much. I’m seeing a very unhealthy dynamic on these forums and not only concerning the holiday event. There are those who have completed the puzzle that offer up valuable tips to try to help others succeed. I respect them a great deal. The opposite type of comments…has the opposite response from me.

Some players, who find the puzzle easy or fun, or who have not experienced any problems seem unable to step out of their ego-centric bubbles to acknowledge that theirs is not the only experience. The opposite is also true for those having problems. We cannot take away the overall difficulty from the puzzle are deprive that challenge to those who enjoy it. How many people will stop to consider that it does NOT have to be an either/or situation. There are very valid ways this puzzle could have been designed that would have allowed for levels of difficulty by choice. Would it make everyone absolutely happy? No. Could it have been a LOT more inclusive for a wider player base without sacrificing one for another? Yes.

(edited by mrsrachelm.7618)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I can tell you now that the glitches and the camera stuff irritates me so much that a basically skip content because I am tired of it. It is hard enough to fight creatures, environment and other things. Then to go and add camera and other glitches it makes things unbearable for me. I stay away from enclosed spaces because of how bad the camera is. You should never have to fight a third element – design.
I agree most people dont understand this and laugh at it and call you names – well if we leave there will be no game to play.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: mrsrachelm.7618

mrsrachelm.7618

There have been several times while doing regular jumping puzzles, or being in caves, tunnels, etc where the camera constantly readjusting has made me motion sick and triggered horrid migraines. I get zero warning, the camera will stutter back and forth or wobble around a bit and….yyyeeeeaaaah….easy tummy, take it easy now. The flash migraines from it are the worst. I have died several times due ONLY to camera glitches during puzzle jumps or while fighting mobs because all of a sudden I can’t see kitten and when you’re on a class that is supposed to stay mobile to survive…well, I’m sure you can fill in the blanks.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

just saying Camra works fine if you pull it to the left with the slider

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ScytheNoire.4791

ScytheNoire.4791

Two fixes for the clocktower, either will work:
1) Make the event a single player instance (like story events)
2) Remove the timer mechanic

Either fix will help stop the griefing that is currently going on. It’s just bad game design right now.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Roctod.7290

Roctod.7290

I don’t mind the timer so much, as I feel like I can get ahead of it quite a bit in the second leg now that I have the path down pretty good for some of it. I’d like to see the player limit capped to maybe 5 or something if they won’t make it a solo instance though.